OtterlyRidiculous

Crashing upon loading in.

I crash at ext_crater_forest_near_2 well loading into extinction

Crash log:

Fatal error!

VERSION: 285.106
ShooterGame.exe!CopyCachedShadowMap() (0x00007ff68ddb9780) + 7 bytes [f:\build\extinction\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\shadowrendering.cpp:1708]
ShooterGame.exe!FDeferredShadingSceneRenderer::RenderProjectedShadows() (0x00007ff68ddc0680) + 0 bytes [f:\build\extinction\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\shadowrendering.cpp:3842]
ShooterGame.exe!FDeferredShadingSceneRenderer::RenderLights() (0x00007ff68dd4901a) + 0 bytes [f:\build\extinction\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\lightrendering.cpp:541]
ShooterGame.exe!FDeferredShadingSceneRenderer::Render() (0x00007ff68dcc910b) + 0 bytes [f:\build\extinction\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\deferredshadingrenderer.cpp:924]
ShooterGame.exe!RenderViewFamily_RenderThread() (0x00007ff68ddad16f) + 0 bytes [f:\build\extinction\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\scenerendering.cpp:1151]
ShooterGame.exe!TGraphTask<`FRendererModule::BeginRenderingViewFamily'::`13'::EURCMacro_FDrawSceneCommand>::ExecuteTask() (0x00007ff68ddd2432) + 12 bytes [f:\build\extinction\engine\source\runtime\core\public\async\taskgraphinterfaces.h:871]
ShooterGame.exe!FNamedTaskThread::ProcessTasksNamedThread() (0x00007ff68c6ff248) + 0 bytes [f:\build\extinction\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:939]
ShooterGame.exe!FNamedTaskThread::ProcessTasksUntilQuit() (0x00007ff68c6fe3fd) + 0 bytes [f:\build\extinction\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:680]
ShooterGame.exe!RenderingThreadMain() (0x00007ff68cc04b29) + 0 bytes [f:\build\extinction\engine\source\runtime\rendercore\private\renderingthread.cpp:265]
ShooterGame.exe!FRenderingThread::Run() (0x00007ff68cc04e90) + 0 bytes [f:\build\extinction\engine\source\runtime\rendercore\private\renderingthread.cpp:385]
ShooterGame.exe!FRunnableThreadWin::Run() (0x00007ff68c7e0e76) + 0 bytes [f:\build\extinction\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsrunnablethread.cpp:73]
ShooterGame.exe!FRunnableThreadWin::GuardedRun() (0x00007ff68c7e0d38) + 8 bytes [f:\build\extinction\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsrunnablethread.cpp:26]
KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction (0x00007ffcdd2c3034) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]
ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction (0x00007ffcdfda1461) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]
ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction (0x00007ffcdfda1461) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]

What I've tried

1. Restarting my pc
  2. Verifying game integrity
  3. Putting -d3d10 in the command line
  4. Changing all my settings to low
  5. Deleting extinction folder and reinstalling the map
  6. Deleting and reinstalling the engine folder
  7. Updating Graphic card drivers
  8. Uninstalling ark, deleting the folder ark is installed in and doing a fresh install

I wasn't having this issue yesterday or launch day as well
Anyone know what else i can try to fix this issue.

My specs
OS Windows 10 home 64bit
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X Eright-core Processor 3.60 ghz
16.0 GB ram
AMD Radeaon (tm) R7 370 Series Graphics

Edited by OtterlyRidiculous

A friend of mine got this as well, he just bought the game but it crashes every time he tries to join a server (tested with Island Official, Center Official, Center Modded Non-Official) - SP works fine, even with mods. He already verified his files a couple of times and tried different launch options (e.g. -d3d10).

The error message is always something with "Extinction", even though he doesn't even own the season pass. The very first message is:

LowLevelFatalError
File:F:\build\Extinction\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\NetConnection.cpp [Line: 509]
UNetEconnection: ValidateSendBuffer: Out.IsError() == true. NumBits: 4046, NumBytes: 506, MayBits: 4096

Same version (285.106).

Looks like a similar error happened 5-6 months ago with australian players, who were all using the same service provider, so may I ask where you guys are from? My friend's from Ireland and uses VirginMedia.

Edited by Nephtys
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Nephtys said:

A friend of mine got this as well, he just bought the game but it crashes every time he tries to join a server (tested with Island Official, Center Official, Center Modded Non-Official) - SP works fine, even with mods. He already verified his files a couple of times and tried different launch options (e.g. -d3d10).

The error message is always something with "Extinction", even though he doesn't even own the season pass. The very first message is:

LowLevelFatalError
File:F:\build\Extinction\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\NetConnection.cpp [Line: 509]
UNetEconnection: ValidateSendBuffer: Out.IsError() == true. NumBits: 4046, NumBytes: 506, MayBits: 4096

Same version (285.106).

Looks like a similar error happened 5-6 months ago with australian players, who were all using the same service provider, so may I ask where you guys are from? My friend's from Ireland and uses VirginMedia.

I'm from Minnesota and i play on a unofficial server group Called Mennesotaaftermath. I also can reach other maps just not extinction

14 minutes ago, zeroBurnAcidCool said:

Happens to me in single player if i try to spawn anywhere in the forest - haven't tried all spawn points but figure all of them don't work if 1 of them doesn't. Will update if i try them all.

1 hour ago, Oreleth said:

I'm in Ontario, Canada

Do both of you have amd graphics cards or amd processors?

amd but its old. intel.

I wander the snow bio fine, its the forest that messes up the game for me, can't check snow bio north because i am put inside the sanctuary city, cause i think that spawn point is bugged, otherwise snow works for me.

I avoid the forest when i play online and i gamed all day today.

Edited by zeroBurnAcidCool

Having the same problem.
I'm running on an Nvidia GPU and an Intel processor if that's significant to anyone.

Note:

Have only been playing on Aberration (Non-dedicated), but same thing happens with all other maps.
It was working just fine yesterday.

Fix suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by ZeroZephyr

Okay, so it's not the service provider. My friend's specs:

- Win 7

- i7-975

- GTX 980Ti (driver: 382.53)

- 24gb DDR3

He re-downloaded the game over night and tried joining a server with the lowest graphics settings but that didn't work either. The only thing he hasn't tried yet was to update his gpu driver but I'm not sure how that could even be related if others here are using AMD cards.

Is everyone here running Win 7?

Edited by Nephtys

7 hours ago, Nephtys said:

Okay, so it's not the service provider. My friend's specs:

Is everyone here running Win 7?

7 -64 ultimate

uhm, i heard Direct x 11+ is having issues probably add the command -d3d10  (i think is the command) ark game right click properties, set launch options add: -d3d10

I'm running into the same error as original poster, crashing whenever i try to join my cluster server's extinction server. the island, abberation, and rag server don't crash me, just extinction. logged of near underground forest south i think. tried many solution and haven't found a fix yet.

On 11/10/2018 at 5:51 PM, Oreleth said:

I found out my problem. The mod, ACM was the issue

My friend crashes even when he's trying to join an Official server (so vanilla).

17 hours ago, zeroBurnAcidCool said:

7 -64 ultimate

uhm, i heard Direct x 11+ is having issues probably add the command -d3d10  (i think is the command) ark game right click properties, set launch options add: -d3d10

My friend already tried that (and also another one, something with "-s....") but it didn't work. I'm using DirectX 11 too and it's working fine for me. I'm also on Win 7 with an Intel CPU and an nVidia gpu (so like my friend, just newer models) but again: Working fine for me and other players I know (who are using Win 10) but not for my friend.

Same thing here, crash at startup after logging out in forest. Quick fix for me (single player or own server only?):

- Close Ark

- Rename/Move Extinction.ark and create a !!!Backup!!! of the file (Steam\SteamApps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Saved\ExtinctionSavedArksLocal)

- Start new Extinction game

- Spawn your char at a starting location

- Quit and delete the new Extinction.ark and rename your old original one back to Extinction.ark

Now you will be able to choose a spawn point on your old map when you log in. I hoped to be able to find the corpse of my survivor in the forest where I had logged out before the crash but no luck, all items gone. So there may be a better solution... if you want to play around better backup PlayerLocalData.arkprofile, too. (Steam\SteamApps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Saved\LocalProfiles)

Edited by Nezi

Have same problem. I went ahead and deleted my char profile and rejoined my extinction game. I had to run back to my base...use cheat codes to relevel back to 96...reclaimed my dinos and structures. Played for a few hours and even logged out in the wasteland. 

Tried to log on today...game crashes when loading the wasteland.

I don't use any mods.

OK...WORKING for the moment.

Started Ark...set ingame graphics setting to LOW. 

I'm able to get in game now...looks like crap though.

Edited by maligned
add