The devs just killed Ark!

placeeboeffect

Rip ark. With the mech and the Pokemon balls,it is now impossible to even set up any sort of base or anything that can defend whatsoever! A tribemate just witnessed 150 wyverns killed and a base basically wiped out with one Mech!!!!

And with those stupid cubes, people can now spawn numerous dinos within a base and wipe everything out for anybody even has a chance to do anything. and even setting up a little tiny base they just walk over a couple shots and everything's done nothing you can do about it this game has gone to hell in a handbasket with just one DLC release.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Basically it has come down to this: anybody with a Mech can do a Dev wipe without recourse...and can basically control an entire server with four people...sdc just got their main server wiped by a mek.....from a Discord release, wild card has known about this problem since yesterday and are going to Nerf it at a later date

The devs killed ark a long time ago when they stopped listening to the player base in beta and EA and decided to go towards release of an unfinished game. Then they proceeded to silence any input from their player base by essentially muting all discussion on the subject. If you expected them to improve their customer relations or to actually improve the game in a meaningful way, you have grand delusions. They showed their true colors in EA and the ratings and reviews prove it. 

1 minute ago, ChargingParacerParacer said:

The sad part is they already gave your money so they don't have to care about the repercussions. There's a slim chance they will fix it but it's real slim.

They don't have my money yet!! They didn't get my money for Aberration either.

You can do a lot with just the Island, the center, SE, and then Ragnarok. Problem is I'm a bit salty so I have to play official. 

2 minutes ago, ForzaProiettile said:

The game has been going downhill ever since they turned it from a dinosaur game into some weird sci fi thing. I guess flashly lights and gadgets keeps the teenagers happy and sells games.

It was never just a dinosaur game and always a sci-fi game. So you bought a game in early access and were surprised it didn’t turn out the way you thought? Are we all going to pretend that the giant floating obelisks were never there, just added background, but served no purpose?

11 hours ago, FraggleRock said:

I'm looking forward to the single player version. After that I will give official a go.

I don't think the devs killed their game - I think they made it possible for players to kill anything that moves. You just need to outsmart those people - making friends helps. 

The problem is that in a sandbox, they're constraining effective options to basically three or four.

If you do not build in three or four specific bases, it is impossible to even break even against someone leveraging the current iteration Mek against you. There is no outsmarting someone in Ark, simply put, because Ark does not have a skill curve that allows you to "Outsmart" people. It's a solved numbers game. 

My tribe an alfa tribe on the server i played resisted for more than a year on Rag...mantaining the desert base, the cave, the teleports at swamp and green...griefers almost every day...

We were always able to defend .

3 days after dlc is up everything destroyed. Well cave still stands for now lol

ahahahahahaha

Extinction!! Mek!!!!!!!!!

ahahahahahah

Incredible.

ah almost forgot.. we in revenge wiped two servers also 

We are extinct.

Good DLC

...Soo people 'still' try to play PvP even despite the fact that the devs clearly favor mega tribes who've been playing since forever. They don't like newbies, and as such, PvP is doomed to slowly slough off as it fails steadily.

However I 'will' say this....  Those Titans and that mek are pretty heckin' cool, not gonna lie. Just ultimately game-breaking, yet again.

8 hours ago, iAmE said:

The problem is that in a sandbox, they're constraining effective options to basically three or four.

If you do not build in three or four specific bases, it is impossible to even break even against someone leveraging the current iteration Mek against you. There is no outsmarting someone in Ark, simply put, because Ark does not have a skill curve that allows you to "Outsmart" people. It's a solved numbers game. 

Exactly. Very much so. But you're nothing if you don't know the basic fundamentals - hence single player. 

Archived