Element & Element Dust...a problem

Vynlann

Acquiring enough element when purely playing on extinction is a huge issue. I get it, the map is meant to be transferred to. But lets say for example on official servers. Are we really expected to craft 1 element for 1000 dust? You get like 100-200 dust per street light with a doed. Which is the best dino I've seen for gathering dust on these lights so far. Enforcers given even less. 

Not to mention bringing all the materials to a boss terminal in their caves, which are huge by the way, 5k ingots? Carrying that amount is...non sense. We need to be able to craft replicators and replicator items at terminals. 

You guys need to cut the dust cost of element down to 100. And 1 dust to 1 shard. This is ridiculous. Nearly everything late game runs on element, and unless you play on a really high rates unofficial, you're looking at farming dust for a week just to power the mek for a couple hours. Let alone crafting the items, the mek, repairing the modules that go on it's back. 

This is nuts.

I can see both sides of the argument for why the rates are as low as they are. On one hand, doing it the extinction way is relatively risk free. You don't have to do bosses, but its slower. Going up against, say, the manticore requires a bit a prep but once your set its much faster. But you have a lot to lose if something goes wrong..

I was thinking about ways to farm dust the most efficient, and I think having two people, 1 riding an argy and 1 riding a doed that's being held by the argy, would work very well. I have yet to test it out though. I don't think that 100 dust should equal 1 element though, that would be too easy to get 1 element every time you swung your tail at a lightpost.

What happened to those corrupted veins they showed during the extinction announcement trailer as well?

I remember Jen mentioning during twitchcon and extralife that one of the difficulties in OSD would have you focus on element veins and you would protect those for as long as possible to get the most amount of element. Is that still a thing?

You can loot element from orbital drops.

On singleplayer I tested a red drop: Got 200 FULL element pieces as well as just under 1000 dust, on top of that getting upgraded blueprints for tek railgun, chestpiece, as well as crafted metal structures and hazmat bps.

The difficulty of this drop is pretty bonkers, with waves of about 20+ dinos (rex, paracer, spino, arthro, dilo, trike, stego..) around level 250 attacking you in a coordinated assault. Lower tier drop might give less element as a tradeoff for an easier battle, but i suggest you do your late game element farming here.

The drops make a loud roaring noise when they burn up on their descent, you can track their position when they fall, dont mistake a meteor shower for a drop.

2 hours ago, Wazzamaniac said:

You can loot element from orbital drops.

On singleplayer I tested a red drop: Got 200 FULL element pieces as well as just under 1000 dust, on top of that getting upgraded blueprints for tek railgun, chestpiece, as well as crafted metal structures and hazmat bps.

The difficulty of this drop is pretty bonkers, with waves of about 20+ dinos (rex, paracer, spino, arthro, dilo, trike, stego..) around level 250 attacking you in a coordinated assault. Lower tier drop might give less element as a tradeoff for an easier battle, but i suggest you do your late game element farming here.

The drops make a loud roaring noise when they burn up on their descent, you can track their position when they fall, dont mistake a meteor shower for a drop.

If you happen to see element dropped again can you take a ss of it's dropped form? If they are dropping from osd's in mass quantities like that, I may put up with this dlc after all.

2 hours ago, Vynlann said:

If you happen to see element dropped again can you take a ss of it's dropped form? If they are dropping from osd's in mass quantities like that, I may put up with this dlc after all.

Sure. The drop explodes into a bunch of boxes that look like the tek explorer note cases you find on aberration (The Diana notes) that scatter around the drop. Will take a pic of next haul in case it varies, i wanna see what you can get anyway lol.

Also apparently it stacks to 100 now? There were two boxes containing 100 each.

9 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Sure. The drop explodes into a bunch of boxes that look like the tek explorer note cases you find on aberration (The Diana notes) that scatter around the drop. Will take a pic of next haul in case it varies, i wanna see what you can get anyway lol.

Also apparently it stacks to 100 now? There were two boxes containing 100 each.

It should stack to 1000, cause I'm not using a stack mod and it's up to 1k for me.

On 11/9/2018 at 3:25 PM, Vynlann said:

What happened to those corrupted veins they showed during the extinction announcement trailer as well?

I remember Jen mentioning during twitchcon and extralife that one of the difficulties in OSD would have you focus on element veins and you would protect those for as long as possible to get the most amount of element. Is that still a thing?

Noooope. I suspect Orbital Supply Drop pretty much replaced that ideal.

I saw one Elemental Vein, it's huge and dark/purple like the King Titans colour - basically corrupted tendrils out of the earth.

I also tried to harvest it - it started a PVE Event, but I flew off since I was on my way to the forest and not prepared for stuff like this. We did however lose our base with that update, but atleast I saw them and can confirm that it's a PVE Style event aswell + the Snow Owl can see it, even underground!

38 minutes ago, lewisl said:

i tried on sp the element vein, if u manage to save most of them from waves, u can havest them and got lot of dust/shard and element

I saw some videos about it earlier, but they didn't go over their rates much so it's hard to judge how much you're actually getting. I imagine this was supposed to be in from the start, but we had it a bit yesterday and then it was removed. So I'm hoping when it returns this will be the solution to the problem. Meanwhile I've cut the element dust costs in half on my private server until element veins return. It's just too much to make 1 element unless you're in a tribe with others who are helping contribute, but then again the costs also increase

• 2 weeks later...

Archived