bug Disappearing Fert Eggs on The Island After Patch

Swordguy

1 hour ago, Carnasty said:

Yes, I experienced this on my rag server. I had 3 rex eggs down, turned my back and there were only 2. Thought it may have fell through my foundation, checked and nothing. When my 2 rex eggs hatched, so did my missing rex. Wierd bug, since I can't incubate to final seconds and pick up.

glad its not just me. A Tribemate was suggesting maybe someone stole them, but it would require someone with server admin rights to pull that off with our base. 

I've theorized that its the new item drop animation that's the culprit. I've noticed that sometimes while dropping eggs they'll float under the floor before rising back up, so I try to bounce eggs off wall first and they seem to land properly, if that makes any sense. 

The other possible cause is eggs touching other eggs, as all my eggs that disappeared were touching other eggs. Over the past day I've made sure that no eggs are touching each other, and so far no disappearing eggs. 

I too checked underneath at every level to see if they fell through, but in my case i think the eggs may have just fallen through the map. Our setup is metal floor, and then underneath that theres another floor a couple walls down with like 18 AC's, and then a room below that, and then pillar foundations below that, and I saw no sign of the eggs anywhere. And, two giga eggs would definitely be visible if they fell to a lower level lol.

2 minutes ago, d1nk said:

The egg wouldve hatched if that was the case :( 

Im scared for console release lol

I was more meaning for when it happens again. Worth a shot.

Yeah next weeks going to be interesting. What isnt going to break lol I havent got my hopes up for a fast turn around in the follow up patches for consoles...

Archived