titans taming

GameFreak

Desert Titan

the way to tame the desert titan is there are 3 corruption spots on its back, 1 on each wing and one just before its tail. the titan is constantly doing delayed lightning attacks on you, what you want to do is land on one of the corruption spots and time it so that the lightning strike will hit the spot while you are still able to get out of the way before it hits and then the corruption spot will become attack-able. (i did the wings first then the tail and everything went really fast except when i got to the tail i thought it was going to be you just attack the corruption and then it would instantly tame. it took me about 10 mins of repeating the lightning strike and then attacking the corruption before i noticed that after you attack the corruption enough on the last spot that you have to look at the titan and press "e" to tame)

Its attacks are the delayed lightning strike, the flock which will target and fly after you, and if you land on its back it will usually either barrel roll or do a melee attack with its tail

Ice Titan

there are 3 corruption spots on the Ice Titan. 1 on the back of its right foot, 1 on its right shoulder, and 1 on its chest. there is an order to which you can attack the corruption and it is in the order i have just listed. once all 3 corruption spots are removed the Ice Titan will be tame-able and all you have to do is walk up to it and press "e".

Its attacks consist of melee attacks with its arms, stomps with its feet, a giant ice ball attack, and a freezing attack that will slowly freeze you until you cannot move for a certain amount of time. you can dodge the freezing attack by getting far enough away from the Ice Titan for a few moments.

Forest Titan

there are 3 corruption spots on the Forest Titan. 1 on each of its shoulders and 1 on its chin. you can attack either shoulder spot in any order but you need to remove both shoulder corruption spots before the one on its chin will be removable. once all 3 spots are removed the Forest Titan will be tame-able and all you have to do is walk up to it and press "e".

its attacks consist of melee attacks, forest wyverns, a long range vine attack, and an attack that causes wooden trees/spikes that come out of the ground when it goes to slam both its fists into the ground. it also has an armored block it can use where it blocks with its arms then covers itself in extra armor but cannot move very much until it removes the armor.

when taming the more dmg delt to the titans the lower its stats will be when it is tamed as stated by the devs during the extralife stream.

The corruption spots seem to move faster the lower its hp is from what i have seen but i am not completely sure on this.

this was my first question i asked but have edited this post to include what i have learned

"not sure if anyone would know this yet but i was trying to tame the desert titan and i got the first two spots done but the third spot never gave me the opportunity to hit it and finish taming it no matter what i did, is there something specific you need to do to make the corruption attackable?

if i matters the spot that i wasnt able to get rid of was the one just before the desert titans tail"

there are three that i can easily see, one on each wing and one before its tail and those are the only ones you can see.  and when i was fighting it the sequence wouldnt let me atk the other spots, it just went one then the next and then the tail was supposed to be last and i looked at a recording i made of it and it appears that the spot was atkable for about 2 seconds then went back to how it was when one of the other spots were glowing.

i have updated the original post for all of the titans but i am not completely sure on certain things. i found out after defeating the desert titan while trying to tame it for the first time that there are now better tek armor blueprint so i am not sure if the corruption spots have a set hp that you could take out faster with a better tek weapon blueprint or if you just have to hit the corruption spots a set number of times regardless of the dmg. 

Archived