The end of the bodybags, a game change

jpcab

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, jpcab said:

Not a minor patch,Its a game change.

It will affect storage farming and even building.

Quetzals in what concerns farming will also loose importance. 

Lets see what will be the effect of this  in game

What exactly did they change? I saw, "Stopped 'body-bag' exploit", but what exactly did they do?

2 hours ago, SaltyMonkey said:

Imagine now having to play the game legitimately. I told you it was an exploit.

The fact that they changed it doesn't mean it was an exploit... Is puting speed on flyer an exploit before flyer nerf? No. 

They just labelled it as such to have a better moral stand point. Against people complaining about it. 

21 minutes ago, Thorium said:

No, it couldn't and you know it. ;)

Why do things have weight in the game? Why does the weight count towards the weight of the platform they are on? If you can answer these questions, you know why it can't be a feature. ^^

Well everything used to have no weight... You could grab a 10000000 weighted anky with a quetz and only add the weight of the dino to the quetz... Well, sadly, it was considered too OP and got nerfed. 

50 minutes ago, jpcab said:

Is farming more fun now on official servers? Or will it be from now on?thats the answer i really would like wildcard developers answer. 

I m sure they know ark aint on a growing line in what concerns number of players playing ark...each time i see less new ppl.

I doubt new people even check the update logs.

2 hours ago, Thorium said:

No, it couldn't and you know it. ;)

Why do things have weight in the game? Why does the weight count towards the weight of the platform they are on? If you can answer these questions, you know why it can't be a feature. ^^

The problem is that the "Exploit" in this case made the game better. Fixing it without a meaningful alternative interrupts and impedes natural gameflow and adds hours of tedium to a game already filled, literally, to the brim with tedium. 

The body bag fix needed to happen, and to be fair, the Delivery Balloon is a legit attempt to help aid with it's exit, but it's a bit problematic.

The mats for the balloon are too exclusive at the moment to be a good replacement. The balloon doesn't help with the issues of moving inside the base. The fix has bad timing, and does not completely address the problem.

For instance, if they made the balloon not take gas bag bladders (Or made a craftable balloon alternative that could be farmed more accessibly on other maps) and possibly added a tek item like an anti-gravity field which functions like a forcefield, reducing the weight of items for players inside it's area of effect if powered, the fix would be perfectly palatable.

Instead we now have to spend 30 minutes or more every time we decide to mine any meaningful amount simply moving metal to forges/places. Not to mention how it affects base designs that are hundreds of hours already invested on the premise of body bags. 

Exploits can perfectly well become features. When those exploits have overwhelmingly positive effects on the game's play. Or they can fix or address the underlying mechanics that cause players to rely on those exploits. Such as what they did with Duping. Which, funnily enough, might gain even more traction due to the BB nerfs and how it affects in game efficiency. 

Omg, allow me to clear it up. It was not intended but it did solve the issue that came up for late game players, and that was that there was not a reliable way to move and store mass amounts of resources. WC saw this was a solution to that problem while they worked on an official solution. That is why body bags went so long without being patched, and were patched immediately after WC released their official solution. 

In conclusion, it was not intended but WC gave it their blessing and let people use it until they added their own version that made sense. So not an exploit.

21 minutes ago, SaltyMonkey said:

Next you’ll be defending building oustide of the intended build spots because it’s a “feature” and makes the game “easier”.

It isn't about difficulty. This change didn't change difficulty. It didn't give anyone any real advantage over any other person as it was an equally available, easily producible and widely known exploit.

All it did was add an arbitrary number of hours of shuffling obtusely weighty material around with absolutely no meaningful recourse.

The underlying problem is that gather rates have gone up. Even building materials for things have gone up. Dinos have gotten weight reductions on their mats.

Yet player weight is wholly unappealing as a stat to any PvPer, and outside of making a completely seperate character to deal with it, they have no recourse to use it. Mind Wipes and Body bags used to be a solution. Now it's simply a hole with absolutely no meaningful solution present. 

9 minutes ago, iAmE said:

It isn't about difficulty. This change didn't change difficulty. It didn't give anyone any real advantage over any other person as it was an equally available, easily producible and widely known exploit.

All it did was add an arbitrary number of hours of shuffling obtusely weighty material around with absolutely no meaningful recourse.

The underlying problem is that gather rates have gone up. Even building materials for things have gone up. Dinos have gotten weight reductions on their mats.

Yet player weight is wholly unappealing as a stat to any PvPer, and outside of making a completely seperate character to deal with it, they have no recourse to use it. Mind Wipes and Body bags used to be a solution. Now it's simply a hole with absolutely no meaningful solution present. 

A useful exploit, just because it only advantages the end user, is still an exploit. You people are full of hypocrisy it’s incredibly hilarious to watch your reactions.

Archived