Vilu

Orbital Supply Drop tekgrams not unlocking.

So far I've done 2 easy ones (blue). Both times one of the drops was Tek Replicator blueprint/tekgram. Both times nothing happened when I picked it up (no engram unlock, or the item itself) and the item disappeared.

Mods on server: S+ and few others, none of which has anything to do with tek or tek engrams. Could it possibly try to give S+ tekgram instead, causing nothing to happen as those require base engram first? Or perhaps it just isn't working 😛

Both times I was spamming E on the piles of the loot and didn't have time to fully read the tooltips. So it's possibility that it may have had text like 0/3 or 1/3 indicating that I need to loot few of them to unlock it. But no idea if the system works like that or if it's supposed to unlock it right away.

edit: found and did 3rd easy drop. Once again nothing happens when you pick the "tekgram" up and the item just disappears.

Character was between 74 and 76lvl during those 3 drops. Has few points in crafting.

Screenshot of it in the ground: 

Spoiler

NEKBjYs.jpg

Also  different character who has the replicator unlocked, can't craft it anywhere? City Terminals don't let you and one cannot interact with orbital drops / they have no inventory. Even if they have, it despawn so fast there's no time to put materials on it, let alone craft anything. So where does one craft it?

Edited by Vilu

7 hours ago, shadowkyuubi said:

I think you still have to actually go do the boss fight to learn that Tek  engram

Well, they did say during the charity stream that you're supposed to be able to unlock tek engrams on this map via the supply drops (/without doing bosses), they just weren't sure which ones. And as can be seen in my screenshot, a tek engram dropped for me from the supply drop. It just doesn't do anything when you pick it up.

Edited by Vilu

1 hour ago, shadowkyuubi said:

I believe they were referring to the Tek engrams that you have to be on extinction to learn since they made them learnable just as regular in grams, I don't think they mean the Tek engrams from the island, scorched-earth, and aberration

If you click on the spoiler in my original post, there's a screenshot showing of tek engram dropping, it just isn't working and giving the unlock. The same one dropped during the dev stream, so it's not like they don't know it does drop.

Edited by Vilu

I'm having the same issue on my server, however I can barely find any information on this issue to even begin testing for potential fixes. I believe it would be something related to S+ but unfortunately the mod developer/author won't be updating until the new year which isn't in the near future. I'd suggest backing up your server, removing S+, trying a Orbital Supply Crate and see whether you can unlock the engram without S+. If the issue is still occurring then we can rule out S+ being a potential issue. What other mods do you have installed on your server?

Also, once you have unlocked the Tekgram for the Replicator you can craft it at one of the Titan Terminals. Easiest Terminal to locate and find is within the Desert. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/8/2018 at 9:13 PM, Vilu said:

So far I've done 2 easy ones (blue). Both times one of the drops was Tek Replicator blueprint/tekgram. Both times nothing happened when I picked it up (no engram unlock, or the item itself) and the item disappeared.

Mods on server: S+ and few others, none of which has anything to do with tek or tek engrams. Could it possibly try to give S+ tekgram instead, causing nothing to happen as those require base engram first? Or perhaps it just isn't working 😛

Both times I was spamming E on the piles of the loot and didn't have time to fully read the tooltips. So it's possibility that it may have had text like 0/3 or 1/3 indicating that I need to loot few of them to unlock it. But no idea if the system works like that or if it's supposed to unlock it right away.

edit: found and did 3rd easy drop. Once again nothing happens when you pick the "tekgram" up and the item just disappears.

Character was between 74 and 76lvl during those 3 drops. Has few points in crafting.

Reveal hidden contents

NEKBjYs.jpg

Also  different character who has the replicator unlocked, can't craft it anywhere? City Terminals don't let you and one cannot interact with orbital drops / they have no inventory. Even if they have, it despawn so fast there's no time to put materials on it, let alone craft anything. So where does one craft it?

After my initial reply, I conducted some testing. I reloaded my server without S+ and did two Orbital Supply Drops. One at lvl 1 and one at lvl 104. Upon picking up the Tekengram for the Replicator at both lvls nothing happened. I also had no other mods running while conducting this test. This leads me to believe that it is not in fact the S+ Mod but that base game itself.

Edited by TeaLeif

29 minutes ago, Pezi said:

Have you already tried it in the Supply Crate? In your pic is written "Can be crafted at: Supply Crate"

I tried this out for myself, however this didn't work. The Orbital Supply Crates have no inventory and the normal cave Supply Crates don't work either. The actual engram doesn't unlock to craft it anywhere.

19 minutes ago, TeaLeif said:

I tried this out for myself, however this didn't work. The Orbital Supply Crates have no inventory and the normal cave Supply Crates don't work either. The actual engram doesn't unlock to craft it anywhere.

I'm in the exact same boat and have spent hours on forums, asking steam community, etc. No luck so far. I have the S+ mods as well and tried without mods, no luck. I've done multiple OSD wave events and gotten the Tek replicator engram EVERY time, but as you said I can't find it once I pick it up, and I have no option to craft it. I've tried forest cave terminal, city terminals, supply crate's, its as you said... no option to craft it anywhere. If anyone figures this mystery out, please update me asap.

7 minutes ago, coltenxxx said:

I'm in the exact same boat and have spent hours on forums, asking steam community, etc. No luck so far. I have the S+ mods as well and tried without mods, no luck. I've done multiple OSD wave events and gotten the Tek replicator engram EVERY time, but as you said I can't find it once I pick it up, and I have no option to craft it. I've tried forest cave terminal, city terminals, supply crate's, its as you said... no option to craft it anywhere. If anyone figures this mystery out, please update me asap.

I completely understand your struggle. I've tried defeating the boss, ascending and trying the Orbital Supply Drop once ascended but still no luck. I thought maybe there was a trick in obtaining this engram but now I'm starting to think it is purely because of the base game. I will keep testing with this issue to see if there really is a 'trick' to properly obtaining the engram. However, I strongly believe it is a glitch in the game and we just need to make the community more aware of this issue so it can be properly patched and fixed soon!

Exactly, I've done over 5 osd's so far varying difficulties and every time it gives you the "Tek replicator engram", not a blueprint in my case. And the only tool tip on it is "can be crafted at a supply drop" but as stated earlier, and as Umpulumpa said, there is nowhere  to craft this. No-one on any other forums has any answers either and a few have recommended grinding the island bosses and transferring all the tek poop up to extinction that way, but that seems unnecessarily redundant and grindy, when we are doing the already brutally hard (if solo) osd's just to get the replicator alone.

12 hours ago, akdipasupil said:

The tekgram can be found in your crafting menu. You can move it around after that. Hope this helps :)

That doesnt work. It wont let me move it anywhere but my toolbar. I cant drag it into the terminals or anything. The only thing that seemed to work was to unlock it with commands then it allowed the terminals to craft it. I don't see the logic behind giving people the tekgram and not unlocking it. They definitely did not intend for it to function this way.

Mods on server: S+ and few others, none of which has anything to do with tek or tek engrams. Could it possibly try to give S+ tekgram instead, causing nothing to happen as those require base engram first? Or perhaps it just isn't working
Spoiler NEKBjYs.jpg
Hey! I saw that i could craft the tek replicator at the king titan boss fight terminal ^^ hope it works

I'm having the same issue on my server, however I can barely find any information on this issue to even begin testing for potential fixes. I believe it would be something related to S+ but unfortunately the mod developer/author won't be updating until the new year which isn't in the near future. I'd suggest backing up your server, removing S+, trying a Orbital Supply Crate and see whether you can unlock the engram without S+. If the issue is still occurring then we can rule out S+ being a potential issue. What other mods do you have installed on your server?

Also, once you have unlocked the Tekgram for the Replicator you can craft it at one of the Titan Terminals. Easiest Terminal to locate and find is within the Desert. 
No its the king titan terminal

23 minutes ago, Connorrii said:

No its the king titan terminal emoji14.png

I'll have to test this out but the main issue is that we cannot learn the engram, hence not being able to use it even if we could craft it. Unless that has been patched in the recent update. 

24 minutes ago, Connorrii said:
On 11/10/2018 at 12:02 AM, Pezi said:
Have you already tried it in the Supply Crate? In your pic is written "Can be crafted at: Supply Crate"

There are no supply crates in extinction tho

There are supply drops in the terminal caves but I tried using these and however it didn't work.

Can confirm this. I have tried using City Terminals, Titan Terminals and Cave drops. The engram states 'Supply Drop' which is what a cave drop is called, but there's no tekgram inside and you can't transfer items into it. I believe that this is not working as intended and needs to be fixed. The tekgram goes into the player crafting menu instead of the supply drop menu as stated.