Extinction A pointless Expansion.

LionheartUK

3 minutes ago, Darkholis said:

Here's a small list of how things were at day 1 of EA.

- Wild dinos were capped at level 30 and none of them were retarded OP.
- No gigas.
- No quetzal carrying thousands upon thousands of metal at once.
- No kibble tree. Taming was a long process and losing any medium/large dino was a major blow.
- No breeding.
- No crossbow, or "fabricated" weaponry.
- No stone tier. Everybody was raidable and metal structures were ridiculously hard to produce.
- Any item requiring electronics was extremely tedious to craft. Silica Pearls were stricly found in underwater caves/ocean floor, requiring levels into oxygen.
- There was no frog or beaver dams. You had to farm keratin/chitin and make your CP the hard way.
- Making massive metal bases was not even something viable at 1x rates and without today's easymode CP.
- Leveling was actually slower prior to explorer notes/alpha predators.
- No server transfers. Small/medium tribes could actually play on official servers without having to worry about mega-tribes or having to deep-throat them in order to stay alive.
- No meshing/duping. On one occasion, a major duping bug was found and fixed, resulting in the only occurence of all official servers being wiped clean.
- Building in caves was actually a viable, if not the best option.
- Quality items/BPs were extremely rares.
- Valhalla corpses....

I could keep on going but I believe you'll get the point. The whole way of playing the game DID in fact changed.

I know what you mean but still the core game did not change, meshing, duping and exploiting do not count because they are game issues and not mechanics. Im also taking about how the game was intended to be a sci-fi story since the first day of pre release

8 minutes ago, BlueMoonNest said:

I know what you mean but still the core game did not change, meshing, duping and exploiting do not count because they are game issues and not mechanics. Im also taking about how the game was intended to be a sci-fi story since the first day of pre release

You are right, the sci-fi aspect was always planned.

However, I must keep on saying that the core game changed when full transfers were enabled. It went from a small scale survival game to a massive real-time strategy game.

13 hours ago, BlueMoonNest said:

The core game did change. When the game first came out it more or less resembled a dark age/medieval era kind of game. If you were a small tribe you still had a chance against the bigger ones because the tech and dino stats gaps weren't as gigantic are they are now. Most folks lived in wooden bases with a small metal kind of vault area because on the whole metal buildings were hard to make. Combat was fun and was less about who had the better dino stats/better weapons blueprints and more about skill and tactics.

9 hours ago, BlueMoonNest said:

The game has always been in that direction, the thing is that people forgot all of the tek stuff came out later, when the game was just in development a year ago and those things would DEFINATELY come out. Common, look at the obelisks, implant and everything. They had a story written and so they made it come true. There are tons of game modes for you to play based on your likes, arkapocalypse, fresh servers, boosted servers, fiber crafts and Prim+ wich is made for those players who dislike the sci-fi nature of Ark. It was never a dinosaur game, its a fact. At the first trailer there was a dragon, the obelisks, the futuristic caves. Just look around. Oh and wasnt Ark always like that? damage based on level. Since day 1 you could get a high level dino, a gun and kill whatever you wanted. Your stameted makes it sound like they changed the whole way of playing the game.

Yeah I can see that. Im not bashing the changes I just dont think they are for me with the whole Robot Ravaged World is all. I can totally see your point and you make a valid argument. I still play the game and will most likely still play extinction. I wish there was a true Dino Game that is in fact the whole reason I first started playing Ark when they released it Early Access for the first time. Its by far one of the best games out there even with all the bugs and issues I still play and love the game. Thanks for the info on the other stuff I will check into on my own server. 

Unofficial isn't cheating in game, it's only an alternative option for people who don't have hours upon hours, days upon days, just to get wiped. It provides a quicker option where you can have QOL mods that help you move stuff around, set turret options automatically, or just have fun with crazy mods. ARK is a game, and it's supposed to be fun; it just depends on a persons play style and free time they have.
Beautifully spoken lol

On 11/9/2018 at 8:09 PM, TheInverse said:

7x tame, 7x xp, 5x gather, difficulty is at 5.0 (max wild level 150) breeding speeds are boosted to something like 5x but everything else (player dmg, stamina drain all that poop) is default. Legit took 3 days (granted it was 3 days of full-on playing from sun up to sun down)

I'm from a server that's been around since ark's release with a decent number of very experienced players (I have over 3k hours logged myself) with 8x rates. We've been playing extinction since the second we were able to and were not to that point yet. How does one person rush through the bosses so quickly without cheats? I'm very convinced you didnt legit play through that, only you can guarentee that, but you have greatly neglected yourself some actual gameplay in there somewhere which, if that's the case, then you're absolutely going to be bored. Theres no way you started from ground zero and worked your way up in that short amount of time. But you're neglecting yourself the experience, nobody is doing it for you.

17 hours ago, DragonEnchantress said:

I'm from a server that's been around since ark's release with a decent number of very experienced players (I have over 3k hours logged myself) with 8x rates. We've been playing extinction since the second we were able to and were not to that point yet. How does one person rush through the bosses so quickly without cheats? I'm very convinced you didnt legit play through that, only you can guarentee that, but you have greatly neglected yourself some actual gameplay in there somewhere which, if that's the case, then you're absolutely going to be bored. Theres no way you started from ground zero and worked your way up in that short amount of time. But you're neglecting yourself the experience, nobody is doing it for you.

I also have over 3k hours, and I can tell you that I did it from the ground up, no cheats, few mods (S+, Stackers) and the only thing I haven't done is tame all of the new creatures. I even started again on 3x rates with only S+.

• 3 months later...

I agree with what you said. I play extinction on Xbox and it’s A$$!!!!! The chunks don’t load and you can Mesh through the ground because of it too! Also it’s a Pay 2 Win game now because I didn’t even want it but I’m sick of being killed by Manas on every server that’s clustered and they haven’t fixed ANYTHING AT ALL yet except for “meshing” yet I accidentally mesh into the ground everywhere and now my game is like an 8-Bit game from the 1990s. I’m extremely disappointed in the waste of space they put in the game too because there’s absolutely NO WHERE TO BUILD! You legit have to build on a skyscraper and you’re gonna need Tek just to get Tames up there and it’s made ARK very unbalanced and once again they have YET to update it besides some dumb nerfs that I could care less about.

On 11/10/2018 at 8:02 PM, Darkholis said:

Here's a small list of how things were at day 1 of EA.

- Wild dinos were capped at level 30 and none of them were retarded OP.
- No gigas.
- No quetzal carrying thousands upon thousands of metal at once.
- No kibble tree. Taming was a long process and losing any medium/large dino was a major blow.
- No breeding.
- No crossbow, or "fabricated" weaponry.
- No stone tier. Everybody was raidable and metal structures were ridiculously hard to produce.
- Any item requiring electronics was extremely tedious to craft. Silica Pearls were stricly found in underwater caves/ocean floor, requiring levels into oxygen.
- There was no frog or beaver dams. You had to farm keratin/chitin and make your CP the hard way.
- Making massive metal bases was not even something viable at 1x rates and without today's easymode CP.
- Leveling was actually slower prior to explorer notes/alpha predators.
- No server transfers. Small/medium tribes could actually play on official servers without having to worry about mega-tribes or having to deep-throat them in order to stay alive.
- No meshing/duping. On one occasion, a major duping bug was found and fixed, resulting in the only occurence of all official servers being wiped clean.
- Building in caves was actually a viable, if not the best option.
- Quality items/BPs were extremely rares.
- Valhalla corpses....

I could keep on going but I believe you'll get the point. The whole way of playing the game DID in fact changed.

It is only supplemental to bring forward the point that the way that the game was played experienced a great change with extinctions release. 

1) Cryopods - Had an extravagant influence on a players ability to exist on an extinction map while playing 'throwback' content (old maps) with the creatures that they have tamed. This changes everything and even challenges 'fair play'. (when fair-play is challenged; the balance has greatly been impacted).

2) Element Yields - Opportunities for more element yields where the reward was more proportionate with the performance of defending the vain as opposed too simply and quickly killing some sort of 'alpha' boss and repeating the same fight x-amount of times.

3) Tek Creatures - I agree with the statements here; they are LAME. I would rather bionic TEK opposed to some sort of scout or a MEK that is ENTIRELY made from the replicator.

4) Difficulty - In the biomes; creatures have the traditional levels. In the dessert... creatures have standard levels. The supply drops and the veins now feature creatures; many of which are level 500. The difficulty is important in the principal that breeders have finished so much of the game with previous breeds. They should raise the standard for creatures that are in the biomes and across ark; just to kinda patch how the economy has broken the game by advancing through it; making everything (or most things) simple.

12 hours ago, ravenispurrty said:

It is only supplemental to bring forward the point that the way that the game was played experienced a great change with extinctions release. 

1) Cryopods - Had an extravagant influence on a players ability to exist on an extinction map while playing 'throwback' content (old maps) with the creatures that they have tamed. This changes everything and even challenges 'fair play'. (when fair-play is challenged; the balance has greatly been impacted).

2) Element Yields - Opportunities for more element yields where the reward was more proportionate with the performance of defending the vain as opposed too simply and quickly killing some sort of 'alpha' boss and repeating the same fight x-amount of times.

Some good points. The game is so different now with cryopods. Even something so small as base design. Ive been making a new 'main base' for my cluster and I made sure to leave a LOT of room, at this point we have multiple boss teams, 4 servers worth of dinos and all the Tek Goodies, which wre HUGE. Teleporter 7x7 alone.. Tek Cloning Chamber! Huge. (10x10?) 

After mapping out most of my base I realized.. cryopods. I wont have 20 boss tames sitting out anymore. If I do itll be at a different spot connected via Teleporter. Room for breeders.. doesnt make sense anymore. Why would I keep my old lines sitting around? Much easier to throw in a cryofridge and pop out when needed, etc

I know all this is optional, I just wanted to expand upon a point of yours. Im still undecided whether cryopods changed the game for the better or worse. Theres something satisfying about having 200 dinos around your base, also a lagg fest.

1 hour ago, d1nk said:

Some good points. The game is so different now with cryopods. Even something so small as base design. Ive been making a new 'main base' for my cluster and I made sure to leave a LOT of room, at this point we have multiple boss teams, 4 servers worth of dinos and all the Tek Goodies, which wre HUGE. Teleporter 7x7 alone.. Tek Cloning Chamber! Huge. (10x10?) 

After mapping out most of my base I realized.. cryopods. I wont have 20 boss tames sitting out anymore. If I do itll be at a different spot connected via Teleporter. Room for breeders.. doesnt make sense anymore. Why would I keep my old lines sitting around? Much easier to throw in a cryofridge and pop out when needed, etc

I know all this is optional, I just wanted to expand upon a point of yours. Im still undecided whether cryopods changed the game for the better or worse. Theres something satisfying about having 200 dinos around your base, also a lagg fest.

**Roles Eyes: Evidence Supports the Cliche**

I am going to lean on history and gravitate on the belief that it was for the better; dare I bring up (but there are a lot of similarities) that `Pokemon` was a hit series of video games that lacked in quite a bit of principal that this game offers now. The television series gave testimonies of a trainer who had to deal with the survival aspects (food, water, shelter, tribalism) on a frequent basis. If that hit-series of games had succeeded despite its lack of digital content then why not incorporate some of its principals. 

Adding this to the lives of the everyday biologist (survival) is excellence.

Sure: there are now balances slightly out of wack and to support this my testimony resides on the witness of legacy players smashing bases for less than a cryo-fridges (especially on the PvE platform). #We_Killed_For_Less

The tribes that play on the PVE game mode have to address a materialized bounty that is installed right inside of their bases. Whenever a player kites 4-5 corrupted Gigas to a base and walks out with a cryo-fridge then they have saved so much time and profited greatly at the expense of someone else. We're talking multiple 8-hour tames, 10-day raises, and a numerous amount of creatures over 4 hours of work. That is a problem. That has been what some of the Chinese griefing has been about. It's clear that it is exploitation to profit at the expense of another player within a PvE environment.

Now- I don't do this personally; this was literally a Chinese player who reported/told the English speaking players why the Chinese were hitting bases with Gigas. That is definitely one thing out of wack. On PvE the destruction of a cryo-fridge should result in the destruction of its contents. Features come with bugs. I think that is a rather fair assessment of cryo at this time.

On 11/8/2018 at 8:23 AM, EnergyDrink said:

Since you come from unofficial (which is like cheating in game) your opinion does not matter. Yes u got an opinion, but it is worthless. 

if you are amongst

• a no-holds-barred competition with the servers player-base which often contains cheaters; cheaters who are furnished with a feature called 'proxymous' naming conventions. (While the excuse to have this feature revolve around 'anti-stalking' or 'anti-harassment' it only goes to prove that players hate liability. It goes as far to say that we ought/prefer not to be ticketed if found inviolate of the T.o.S. or the T.a.C.)

then your opinion is obviously worthless too (oxymoron).

Can't support cheating and cry about cheating at the same time. It is just hypocrisy at that point (speaking out for unofficials benefits).

On 11/9/2018 at 7:13 PM, MimiNuyasaka said:

Did they fight gigas with enforcers in the trailer? I thought they fought it with a Mek.

Definitely a misleading portion of the trailer. The Giga was not even a corrupted variant. Never-the-less the point that enforcers are glass cannons built upon the stats of a raptor, something of which that could not ever amount to the things that a giganotosaurus can do. It was a very-terrible/misleading poy in the trailer. 

On 2/23/2019 at 3:52 PM, Krypton21 said:

I agree with what you said. I play extinction on Xbox and it’s A$$!!!!! The chunks don’t load and you can Mesh through the ground because of it too! Also it’s a Pay 2 Win game now because I didn’t even want it but I’m sick of being killed by Manas on every server that’s clustered and they haven’t fixed ANYTHING AT ALL yet except for “meshing” yet I accidentally mesh into the ground everywhere and now my game is like an 8-Bit game from the 1990s. I’m extremely disappointed in the waste of space they put in the game too because there’s absolutely NO WHERE TO BUILD! You legit have to build on a skyscraper and you’re gonna need Tek just to get Tames up there and it’s made ARK very unbalanced and once again they have YET to update it besides some dumb nerfs that I could care less about.

In the city; you should be building on the sky scrappers. Its highly defensible. Extinction is also the last-expansion? Bonus content-right? Shouldn't you have tek already?

• 5 months later...

You played the map for a day and are already hating on it? Extinction is great! if you get a good spot on extinction and rise above the rest, then tek will never be a problem for you. Gachas are very useful for gathering owlpelletes which is great for fertilizer, and owls are top tier healers. so the tames arent that bad, 

• 4 months later...

Archived