Extinction A pointless Expansion.

LionheartUK

After playing extinction for a day I already can say there is nothing to do or explore that feels cool. 

There are really no new game mechanics & Element Dust is Useless.

Using it to make Enforcers that are weak as hell in combat can't carry anything or do anything other than a blink. You aren't going to fight gigga's with it like the trailer.
Using dust to craft element is far less efficient than hopping over to your abberation base and crafting it (Unofficial) 

Gasbags that have good weight but shoot up in the sky then fall so fast when you land you lose half your HP. Even if you hold space on the fall with wind left. Simply can't use it to fly less you want to kill it after the 2nd jump.

Some pillock thought it would be a good idea to allow Wild Corrupted dinos eat Metal and Tek buildings with your only line of defense being a Tek forcefield. Except Rockdrakes will glitch through the shields just like they do on abberation and chomp away at your base until there are 0 foundations left. 

New resources added to the game are just renames and Reskins of existing items ....  

No new items apart from pokemon balls and taxidermy. 

A Bird that just made your fert farm pointless 

A janky Rockdrake/Tapajara lovechild that you won't explore on because of the corruption dinos. you're still going to use your Wyvern (unofficial) 

Meks have a breathing and idle animation something that a robot would not have.

The only thing that Extinction brings, are tamable bosses that people can tame with 1 mek and a guy with a sniper To screw up your base. A new raid mechanic. ( Kite the corrupted rockdrakes to your enemy) and Cool bubbles that change the backdrop when you go into it.

Extinction Feels Rushed and Extremely Lackluster in comparison to abberation which brought in many new gameplay mechanics and meaningful dinos.

Needless to say after all the hype I'm extremely disappointed.   SE 52 new Items and new crafting mechanics. Abb 34 New items but many new ways to play and taming methods. Extinction 21 new items. 5 of which are for the cardboard looking mek. 3 pointless tames. 2 Useless craftables tames.  No new Mechanics. Broken features and an incomplete map.

Needless to say, my Extinction experience has been as exciting as a wet fart. 

Pointhess, pointless, pointless... What is the point of your cry? Disgrace us ark? Or you are hoping that WC will change now game to fit your needs? Will add some special mechanics? In my opinion this DLC brings many new things that will fill many hours of play, bring fun and joy and will give many positive emotions. If you are bored at start this DLC then you probably just bored with the title. Probably the best way is to look over any other game.. there are tons of fantastic games.    

I couldn't disagree with this more. I have been having a blast over the last couple days, and I hadn't played ARK in months before that. I thought it would be nice to give it a break before coming back when Extinction finally dropped. I guess it paid off, because I can't stop being giddy about all the cool new stuff.

Let me guess, you used cheats to check everything out and just exhausted all the mystery and effort it would normally take to achieve anything in an instant? If so, that's a big part of your problem.

Also, the whole point of TEK Creatures is that they are Bionic, partially organic. That includes Meks, so breathing makes sense to a degree.

I'm a bit disappointed in the number of new (tamable) creatures. This was supposed the biggest DLC and right now, I just can't see any goals aside fightning the titans. Everything else is the same as on other maps. Grinding up (no new cool resources).

Hopefully this feeling will change as I play it more, but for right now, I tamed a Snow Owl and Mangaretef345tr, and not sure where to go from here to keep myself entertained.

PS: the wastelands seem empty af, lot of wasted space, they could put something big there like deathworms that roam around and worth challenging.

Guest EnergyDrink

Since you come from unofficial (which is like cheating in game) your opinion does not matter. Yes u got an opinion, but it is worthless. 

4 hours ago, LionheartUK said:

After playing extinction for a day I already can say there is nothing to do or explore that feels cool. 

Using it to make Enforcers that are weak as hell in combat can't carry anything or do anything other than a blink. You aren't going to fight gigga's with it like the trailer.
Using dust to craft element is far less efficient than hopping over to your abberation base and crafting it (Unofficial) 

Gasbags that have good weight but shoot up in the sky then fall so fast when you land you lose half your HP. Even if you hold space on the fall with wind left. Simply can't use it to fly less you want to kill it after the 2nd jump.

Some pillock thought it would be a good idea to allow Wild Corrupted dinos eat Metal and Tek buildings with your only line of defense being a Tek forcefield. Except Rockdrakes will glitch through the shields just like they do on abberation and chomp away at your base until there are 0 foundations left. 

New resources added to the game are just renames and Reskins of existing items ....  

A janky Rockdrake/Tapajara lovechild that you won't explore on because of the corruption dinos. you're still going to use your Wyvern (unofficial) 

The only thing that Extinction brings, are tamable bosses that people can tame with 1 mek and a guy with a sniper To screw up your base. A new raid mechanic. ( Kite the corrupted rockdrakes to your enemy) and Cool bubbles that change the backdrop when you go into it.

Extinction Feels Rushed and Extremely Lackluster in comparison to abberation which brought in many new gameplay mechanics and meaningful dinos.

Needless to say after all the hype I'm extremely disappointed.   SE 52 new Items and new crafting mechanics. Abb 34 New items but many new ways to play and taming methods. Extinction 21 new items. 5 of which are for the cardboard looking mek. 3 pointless tames. 2 Useless craftables tames.  No new Mechanics. Broken features and an incomplete map.

i agree with you on most of what you said and think the ones disagreeing with you are wrong one calling your comment pointles and a cry your just saying what is rite lots of others are prabably thinking the same though i myself like the new map myself and the new creatures added but everyone is different lol.

though the new map dose seem empty though i herd its because of over spawning on some creatures in one place takeing spaces though to me they could have added more new creatures like 15 to 16 and new engrams the new map has a total of 5 new creatures you can tame and keep that are perma tames 2 creatures you have to make the enforcer and scout.

And then the 4 titans you only get to keep for 5 days 11 in total unles you take out the enforcer and scout since you have to kill the wild ones for blueprints then to craft them so your not actualy tameing them you make them makeing it 9 new creatures.

scorched earth had 12 new creature wich some had diferent variants like the oil and water jar big both the same just different variants and a good amount of new engrams. aberation had 14 new creatures witch also had some had different variants and plenty of new engrams.

So i would have thaught they would have sone more new creature since that what seems like what they were doing like scorched erath haveing 12 then aberation they just added 2 more new creatures so it seemed they increased the amount with each new dlc but with extinction they did not. So that they added far less all the corupted dinos are just reskins and i think put in to fill the map in due to the lack of new creatures same gose for the old creatures they put in. so i do agree with you in parts.  

1 hour ago, ToXiN said:

I'm a bit disappointed in the number of new (tamable) creatures. This was supposed the biggest DLC and right now, I just can't see any goals aside fightning the titans. Everything else is the same as on other maps. Grinding up (no new cool resources).

Hopefully this feeling will change as I play it more, but for right now, I tamed a Snow Owl and Mangaretef345tr, and not sure where to go from here to keep myself entertained.

PS: the wastelands seem empty af, lot of wasted space, they could put something big there like deathworms that roam around and worth challenging.

i agree with you ToXiN they could have added more read above comment will explain what i think more.

1 hour ago, EnergyDrink said:

Since you come from unofficial (which is like cheating in game) your opinion does not matter. Yes u got an opinion, but it is worthless. 

Unofficial isn't cheating in game, it's only an alternative option for people who don't have hours upon hours, days upon days, just to get wiped. It provides a quicker option where you can have QOL mods that help you move stuff around, set turret options automatically, or just have fun with crazy mods. ARK is a game, and it's supposed to be fun; it just depends on a persons play style and free time they have.

I think a lot people held off buying this expansion because they felt it was rushed and shallow.  Dino's and resources that were reskinned and a map that's basically a lot like other pieces from previous maps.  It's a shame though, but I guess we'll see what happens over the next few weeks.

My feeling is, players will just revert back to older maps ...

I have to agree with most points.

There is some cool stuff, i like the Mek and some of the new creatures. But the map is just the same as Island/Scorched/Center/Ragnarok. Nothing new once you figured out what resource equals to what vanilla resource.

The story doesn't make any sense. So there is that.

I think ARK really missed out on a water world map. There could be so many new cool underwater mechanics and an underwater boss. Well doesn't seem we will be getting this as Extinction is the last expansion. Going to play it for a few weeks, but i have to agree it doesn't even come close to Aberration  in the sense of having a fresh game experience.

23 hours ago, LionheartUK said:

I have to agree with a lot of this. Me and my friends have our own private dedicated server(higher speed progress. we have real jobs unlike the elite players) each of us started in a different area to scout out where we want to settle. I fell through a gap in the map and ended up under it in the scorched earth dome. One other friend said the the abberation part is no where near what you would expect. The map also seems really small and felt like some one build half a map then copy and pasted the rest in from the other maps and forgot more work was needed. I do how ever like the big mek because who doesn't like heavily armed giant robots.

Other than the Meks, Titans and the expanding story of ARK; Extinction overall felt like a real slap in the face, not a whole lot of new things to try and do, I play with higher speeds cause I don't have the time to play on default settings and after 3 days I feel like I've done all there is to do, whereas Abberation and Scorched Earth on the same settings I played for well over a month, and still feel like playing it again sometimes, Extinction just feels like the map you play on to get some map-specific things (like learning how to make Meks) and then returning back to Abb or SE or what have you.

I think theres more to this map actually. it kind of seems like itll end up being used for boss runs to farm for high end bps and items with everyone on the map taking part in these fights but people will also build bases and structures to help take down the bosses

so being on a server with a strong alpha tribe might be a good thing unless they murder u after the boss battles to steal what u get

1 hour ago, TheInverse said:

Other than the Meks, Titans and the expanding story of ARK; Extinction overall felt like a real slap in the face, not a whole lot of new things to try and do, I play with higher speeds cause I don't have the time to play on default settings and after 3 days I feel like I've done all there is to do, whereas Abberation and Scorched Earth on the same settings I played for well over a month, and still feel like playing it again sometimes, Extinction just feels like the map you play on to get some map-specific things (like learning how to make Meks) and then returning back to Abb or SE or what have you.

Out of curiosity how high are your settings where you manage to take out the alpha titan within three days ? Just from what I am seeing on youtube its going to take me month/s on the boosted server I play on to get to that point, if I ever do considering it'll mostly be solo for me. I mean I do have concerns about the expansion but 3 days ? 

3 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

Out of curiosity how high are your settings where you manage to take out the alpha titan within three days ? Just from what I am seeing on youtube its going to take me month/s on the boosted server I play on to get to that point, if I ever do considering it'll mostly be solo for me. I mean I do have concerns about the expansion but 3 days ? 

Default would be 0.2 difficulty and meks are rathe tuff from what i have seen so far

14 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

7x tame, 7x xp, 5x gather, difficulty is at 5.0 (max wild level 150) breeding speeds are boosted to something like 5x but everything else (player dmg, stamina drain all that poop) is default. Legit took 3 days (granted it was 3 days of full-on playing from sun up to sun down)

I feel the game has gone in the wrong direction with this all TEK and super dino stuff. I remember back in 2015 the max level was 30 and you had a quarter of the dinos you have now but each had a purpose and was balanced against the other ones. PVP was great back then, there was no obviously OP stuff like Giga's or Wyverns and flyers for the most part weren't nearly as strong as they are now. There were less weapons but there was better balance, melee characters still had a use and it didn't all come down to who had the 250% sniper rifle or the super high dura flak that lets you run at turrets. 

It was at its heart still a dinosaur game just like the box art said it was. Wild dinos especially T-Rex's were actually a genuine threat, you had to plan fighting them as opposed to just walking up to and biting its toe with some 300 level raptor and seeing it collapse and die. The game was fresh and exciting now its like someone's giant bin of poorly thought out ideas.

On 11/8/2018 at 9:23 PM, EnergyDrink said:

Well, I have 1.3k hours on official.  500 hours of hardcore solo PvP on the island and 800 hours of solo PvE on Abberation and I think Extinction SUCKS.

On 11/9/2018 at 1:23 AM, EnergyDrink said:

No opinion is worthless. If playing unofficial was cheating it wouldn't be a very common part of the game. Unofficial players opinions have the same worth as official players, we're playing the same game, just at different speeds because some of us have other things to do, or cannot dedicate enough time every day to maintain ourselves on official servers.

On 11/8/2018 at 11:34 AM, KrackerJaxx said:

I am however a bit disenfranchised to see within a minute or two robots rolling around. I love the Ark Dino Game. So I'm a little disappointed at the whole thing. Sorry it's just my opinion on the matter. I'm into the dino and primitive aspect of ark. Just not the whole Robots thing. 

Go play primitive +, it exists for players like you who dont like the whole sci-fi thing. Ark has always been a sci-fi game since day one when the game was just in development state 3 years ago and your survivor looks at the implant at his arm. so Yeah

18 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

I feel the game has gone in the wrong direction with this all TEK and super dino stuff. I remember back in 2015 the max level was 30 and you had a quarter of the dinos you have now but each had a purpose and was balanced against the other ones. PVP was great back then, there was no obviously OP stuff like Giga's or Wyverns and flyers for the most part weren't nearly as strong as they are now. There were less weapons but there was better balance, melee characters still had a use and it didn't all come down to who had the 250% sniper rifle or the super high dura flak that lets you run at turrets. 

It was at its heart still a dinosaur game just like the box art said it was. Wild dinos especially T-Rex's were actually a genuine threat, you had to plan fighting them as opposed to just walking up to and biting its toe with some 300 level raptor and seeing it collapse and die. The game was fresh and exciting now its like someone's giant bin of poorly thought out ideas.

The game has always been in that direction, the thing is that people forgot all of the tek stuff came out later, when the game was just in development a year ago and those things would DEFINATELY come out. Common, look at the obelisks, implant and everything. They had a story written and so they made it come true. There are tons of game modes for you to play based on your likes, arkapocalypse, fresh servers, boosted servers, fiber crafts and Prim+ wich is made for those players who dislike the sci-fi nature of Ark. It was never a dinosaur game, its a fact. At the first trailer there was a dragon, the obelisks, the futuristic caves. Just look around. Oh and wasnt Ark always like that? damage based on level. Since day 1 you could get a high level dino, a gun and kill whatever you wanted. Your stameted makes it sound like they changed the whole way of playing the game.

15 minutes ago, BlueMoonNest said:

Your stameted makes it sound like they changed the whole way of playing the game.

Here's a small list of how things were at day 1 of EA.

- Wild dinos were capped at level 30 and none of them were retarded OP.
- No gigas.
- No quetzal carrying thousands upon thousands of metal at once.
- No kibble tree. Taming was a long process and losing any medium/large dino was a major blow.
- No breeding.
- No crossbow, or "fabricated" weaponry.
- No stone tier. Everybody was raidable and metal structures were ridiculously hard to produce.
- Any item requiring electronics was extremely tedious to craft. Silica Pearls were stricly found in underwater caves/ocean floor, requiring levels into oxygen.
- There was no frog or beaver dams. You had to farm keratin/chitin and make your CP the hard way.
- Making massive metal bases was not even something viable at 1x rates and without today's easymode CP.
- Leveling was actually slower prior to explorer notes/alpha predators.
- No server transfers. Small/medium tribes could actually play on official servers without having to worry about mega-tribes or having to deep-throat them in order to stay alive.
- No meshing/duping. On one occasion, a major duping bug was found and fixed, resulting in the only occurence of all official servers being wiped clean.
- Building in caves was actually a viable, if not the best option.
- Quality items/BPs were extremely rares.
- Valhalla corpses....

I could keep on going but I believe you'll get the point. The whole way of playing the game DID in fact changed.

Archived