Cryopods / Fridges how they really work

Balteraxe

Hey all,

I've just been testing the cryo mechanics and I thought I'd share the stuff with you.

I'm really happy that Wildcard decided to change how they were pre-launch. 

Here are how they work and before:

- Cryopods and fridges are made in the replicator.

- Cryofridge isnt that expensive to make.

- Cryofridge runs on gasoline now, instead of element.

- Cryoballs last 30 days in a normal inventory. Up from 50 mins.

- Cryoballs don't work (yet) in preserving bins and weigh 0.5 when empty and 0.5 when full (only tried it with an enforcer).

- Normal fridges support cryoballs, extending it by 2, so 60 days.

- Cryofridges are infinite and also recharges the (slightly) worn out pods.

- And inside the cryofridges, the dino inside can have their saddle on. It also gains exp and regenerates food and water.

Thought I'd share this with you guys, because I felt like Wildcard had something good and when I saw the teasers I was getting sceptical about it.

But I'm very glad to see that they (perhaps listenend) and updated them, so the tamecap can be handled better.

55 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Hopefully they change the need for it being crafted in only the replicator, seem kinda silly especially now that it doesnt run off a tek genny anymore ? 

It's not that hard to get a replicator, any Boss fight gives you the engram + the materials are not that hard to get

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, FluffyDinoPartey said:

It's not that hard to get a replicator, any Boss fight gives you the engram + the materials are not that hard to get

Clearly you haven't thought this through. Firstly for people starting completely fresh on Extinction they can't unlock it from what I can see, and if there is a way then it will take a long time.

Secondly, a Tek Transmitter requires 100 element to craft. On Extinction, to get 100 Element would take farming 100,000 Element Dust, unless you can take on lots of orbital drops.

1 minute ago, GP said:

Clearly you haven't thought this through. Firstly for people starting completely fresh on Extinction they can't unlock it from what I can see, and if there is a way then it will take a long time.

Secondly, a Tek Transmitter requires 100 element to craft. On Extinction, to get 100 Element would take farming 100,000 Element Dust, unless you can take on lots of orbital drops.

Uh, yea my bad - theres no way to unlock it on extinction - for the 100 Element, yes it's a lot but also the Robots u kill drop Dust + maybe other, more dangerous stuff, drops element? My biggest concern is tho, where to craft the tek replicator? Haven't seen any supply drops

• Volunteer Moderator
13 minutes ago, FluffyDinoPartey said:

Uh, yea my bad - theres no way to unlock it on extinction - for the 100 Element, yes it's a lot but also the Robots u kill drop Dust + maybe other, more dangerous stuff, drops element? My biggest concern is tho, where to craft the tek replicator? Haven't seen any supply drops

The only creature that drops dust is enforcer. Orbital supply drops can drop dust too. But enforcers drop like between 20 - 50 dust. To get 1 element you need 1000 dust. Also by destroying the tall lights around the city also gives you dust and electronics, they also respawn. But yeah even getting 1,000 dust to make 1 element will be extremely slow.

As for where to make them i have no idea. Maybe obelisks still allow for that? Or maybe an orbital drop? Not checked either of those out myself.

I mean once the servers open up to item transfers it won't be as bad, but i'm still not sure someone can start on Extinction and can get any Tek stuff without using other maps.

3 minutes ago, GP said:

The only creature that drops dust is enforcer. Orbital supply drops can drop dust too. But enforcers drop like between 20 - 50 dust. To get 1 element you need 1000 dust. Also by destroying the tall lights around the city also gives you dust and electronics, they also respawn. But yeah even getting 1,000 dust to make 1 element will be extremely slow.

As for where to make them i have no idea. Maybe obelisks still allow for that? Or maybe an orbital drop? Not checked either of those out myself.

I mean once the servers open up to item transfers it won't be as bad, but i'm still not sure someone can start on Extinction and can get any Tek stuff without using other maps.

I have only checked the green obelisk so far, but there is no terminal - I don't know if it's with all the Obelisks or only that one, I haven't got the chance to check a supply drop yet, but when I get to one, Ill let u guys know.

I'm very happy to see that fridges can be powered by normal gens/wind turbines, this makes it a lot easier and do-able also for tribes that don't have access to TEK (yet). Also (on PvE at least) probably many tribes with a replicator may be willing to help out with making pods and fridges for provided resources for those who have no repli, we all want to get rid of the cap afterall ;)

Only freezing creatures on Extinction is a problem atm, but if you have to, maybe transfer them out and store on another server until full transfer is enabled (or if it works like Aberration used to, you should even be able to transfer them back to Extinction after unfreezing again).

The main concern to me is how they raved about the Cryopod and Cryofridge being easy to obtain and use so they can assist with server population issues, and then they go back on their original decision of making the two craftable in city terminals, and lock its construction behind a tek replicator. At least they added a way to power the fridge outside of gasoline, and I'm glad you can get cryopods from the orbital drops, but as a whole this seems to be pretty ill-conceived.

• 1 month later...

I donno my personal perspective on extinction is that it is meant to be played ONLY by characters that have TEK ..its not meant to be played by non-tek characters ..which really they should warn you about that (well they greedy so they didnt/wont) because i may not have spent $$ for the extinction map since i dont have TEK (well i did complete gamma brood mother like a week ago)  

you forgot 1 importent part is that it made imprinting dino to 100% mega easy!!

i started rex at 6:00 then at 14:00 after imprint i cryo him.

reason if you know you cant make it in time for next imprint and you lose a couple hourse you prevent that with cryo

i raised rexes and normally max was 60% imprint for me but now i get easy 91% or 100% :D

cryo those reset the timer but with 8 hours timer thats np ;)

A few more tidbits:

- You can also increase the longevity of the cryopod by 2x using a refrigerator. However, this does NOT recharge the cryopod like the cryofridge does. 

- You can get around 4-6 cryopods from even the easy blue OSDs without tek. 

With these two factoids, you can absolutely get a ton of use out of pods without needing a replicator, you just have to work a bit harder. I have no replicator and have 45 pods that I've been using happily. When one expires, just go do a drop. 

- Gachas WILL eat a pod if you accidentally put it in their inventory (learned the hard way). This INCLUDES pods with dinos in them

- Thus far, I've cryo'd everything from a snail to a wyvern. Doesn't seem to be a limit on types of dinos to cryo, though I'd imagine a titan won't work

- When cryo'd, dinos keep their saddle, but drop their inventory

- When cryo'd, a female dino's breeding timer gets reset. So if you want to breed, DO NOT CRYO YOUR FEMALES. No effect on the males. 

- Cryosickness does not damage the dino, only knocks it out. If you're uncryo-ing a number of dinos, it's totally safe as long as you're doing it in your base. 

• 1 month later...
23 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Their food doesnt drop in cryo if thats what youre worried about? Just upkeep the gen and your tames are safe & gain mega lvls next time you play with em

No, I'm worried about the opposite. I have a wyvern and I was hoping that cryofridge would increase it's food the next time I got back on. But I guess that's confirmed as no. Well time to drain some mothers of their milk or keep healing the baby 24/7 with snow owl.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/18/2019 at 1:07 AM, Flaminjohnny said:

Is the replicator BP dropped from doing drop temporary, I got it from doing a blue drop a week before and it was showing in craft tab, but now i am not able to see that when i go to craft tab? 

It's bugged (and has been for a while). You can pick it up but it disappears shortly after. Only way to craft on Extinction is one of the titan terminals. The alpha one is the easiest - just fly to the top center of the map. 

Archived