Cryopod + cryofridge questions

Cowgirl

• Volunteer Moderator
4 minutes ago, Cowgirl said:

I am just wondering how many slots the fridge has, and if the pods are re-usable? (anyone with other questions feel free to ask!)

I don't know about the slots, but yes the pods are re-usable. However, if you use it twice on the same creature without waiting the cooldown it will pop out unconscious.

• Volunteer Moderator
5 minutes ago, Cowgirl said:

Ohh good to know! Thank you! Oh this leads me to another question, how long is the cooldown? (thanks!)

I could not precisely tell, as it is most likely tied to global spoilage settings and I don't run default values on my cluster. The pods in my inventory are 30 days, and when I take a creature out, they are on "Cryo Sickness" cooldown for 300 seconds.

pods are 30 days, if the pod says 20 days and so it needs 10 days charge , i think it also takes 10 days to charge.
i have put some animals in my cryo fridge, transferred them between servers and i can see charging goes very slow.
but all i need to know is that they can last for ever inside.
im going to put cryofridges next to a tek generator with enough elements inside to make it run for years.

1 hour ago, Scarbs said:

A few more questions for official rates if anyone knows. 

What's the decay timer when in your inventory?
What's the decay timer for a normal fridge?
Does the Cryofridge require a normal generator or tek generator?

I'm a console player so I won't be able to test this myself until the 13th.

30-day decay timer, 60-day normal fridge, infinite time cryo-chamber, tek generator for the cryo-chamber. The pods will only recharge in a cryo-chamber, but are reusable for dinos. If dinos are released in quick succession there's a 300-sec "cryo-sickness" timer placed on dinos released after the first. This cryo-sickness keeps dinos asleep, while fully filling their torpor bar. If you release another during the cryo-sickness timer, then the timer add 300 more seconds. Dino's take increased damage during cryo-sickness, and cannot be woken up until the cry-sickness is over.

9 minutes ago, TINYMAN said:

30-day decay timer, 60-day normal fridge, infinite time cryo-chamber, tek generator for the cryo-chamber. The pods will only recharge in a cryo-chamber, but are reusable for dinos. If dinos are released in quick succession there's a 300-sec "cryo-sickness" timer placed on dinos released after the first. This cryo-sickness keeps dinos asleep, while fully filling their torpor bar. If you release another during the cryo-sickness timer, then the timer add 300 more seconds. Dino's take increased damage during cryo-sickness, and cannot be woken up until the cry-sickness is over.

Much appreciated! Answered everything I was curious about

15 minutes ago, TINYMAN said:

any idea how long to wait in between releasing dinos from pods to avoid the whole sickness BS?

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, Demerus said:

any idea how long to wait in between releasing dinos from pods to avoid the whole sickness BS?

When you take your creature out, don't put it back in before 300 seconds passed. You will see a cooldown on the screen when you ride them.

3 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

When you take your creature out, don't put it back in before 300 seconds passed. You will see a cooldown on the screen when you ride them.

lets say I have 6x pods with dinos in them. I come online and I want to use all 6 dinos. How long do I have to wait in between each one to cast the pod to avoid making the other 5 have cryo sickness is what I mean.

• Volunteer Moderator

Doesn't work like that. When you take one out of its pod, it will have 300 seconds cooldown that doesn't affect any others. If you decide to put that dino back in a pod before the cooldown ended, then it will be sick and unconscious when you take it out again.

EDIT: Okay, I just tested this further and this is your CHARACTER that gets a 300 seconds cooldown. If you take a dino out, your player has a cooldown and if you take another out before it ends, then it will be sick. So Demerus is correct; you have to wait 5 minutes between each dino you take out or they will be sick and unconscious. ?

31 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

Doesn't work like that. When you take one out of its pod, it will have 300 seconds cooldown that doesn't affect any others. If you decide to put that dino back in a pod before the cooldown ended, then it will be sick and unconscious when you take it out again.

EDIT: Okay, I just tested this further and this is your CHARACTER that gets a 300 seconds cooldown. If you take a dino out, your player has a cooldown and if you take another out before it ends, then it will be sick. So Demerus is correct; you have to wait 5 minutes between each dino you take out or they will be sick and unconscious. ?

thank you for confirmation.

3 hours ago, TINYMAN said:

Cryo-chamber does not require tek generator. I ran one with normal generator and wind turbine on official SE server. 

• 1 month later...
20 hours ago, d1nk said:

You sir bumped an almost 2 month old thread; but to answer the question I believe you can freely transfer it in.. if not cryopod for sure works. Heard of people flying drake eggs with a snow owl lol

They kept it on topic though, cause I did say people can feel free to ask any questions they had lol

On 12/29/2018 at 11:06 PM, d1nk said:

You sir bumped an almost 2 month old thread; but to answer the question I believe you can freely transfer it in.. if not cryopod for sure works. Heard of people flying drake eggs with a snow owl lol

Not on official, No flyers on Ab on Official servers.  Mr Managers yes, Owls no.

Archived