bare1992

Extinction Map Border Insta kills you

2 hours ago, bare1992 said:

So the Extinction map border Insta kills you, not sure who came up with the idea or why you would actually put a map border like that in the game, but hopefully it is just a bug because its probably 10/10 worst idea ever

Probably for coolness effect and or somehow people where circumventing the boarder so i for one am glad, it being invisible(for me lowest) however is another issue, if it isn't invisible (I haven't seen it) guessing it is like all the others that might be an issue but then again the map (m) does show when you are getting close to it.

I'd like to think i said something about this wall of death and they actually listened :? :) but i am probably falsely patting myself on the back.

4 hours ago, zeroBurnAcidCool said:

Probably for coolness effect and or somehow people where circumventing the boarder so i for one am glad, it being invisible(for me lowest) however is another issue, if it isn't invisible (I haven't seen it) guessing it is like all the others that might be an issue but then again the map (m) does show when you are getting close to it.

I'd like to think i said something about this wall of death and they actually listened :? :) but i am probably falsely patting myself on the back.

Except it's not intuitive at all. Take a game with a "soft" map border, for example Battlefield. While it doesn't physically restrain you from leaving the map, you get a big fat warning saying that you'll get killed if you stay too long.

On extinction the light gets stronger the further you go but it should just start draining your health faster and faster or something instead, not making you go from 100% to 0.

1 hour ago, invincibleqc said:

I actually like the idea. Way more immersive than a wall. There is red lights delimiting the area, and you get a message about your implant getting unstable. You are also not killed instantly, there is a small gap that warns you first where you gradually takes damage.

Yes, a timer that let us get back in normal area should be preferable.. A least with a parameter in GameUserSettings.ini to let server owner to set it up accordingly !!

I like the concept of the boarders but it needs tweaking a lot.  It’s cooler than the boundaries on the other maps.

flying on a wyvern (unofficial server) the little red poles are not always completely apparent in all places.   Once you fly past it your moving too fast and there is not enough time to turn around.  Either we need a warning or a slightly longer window before your vaporized.

Edited by austaris

you have time to get back in if you are not very far behind the border line.

But there are some issues with lag and a managarmr. 
Once the lag spike due to a server save or a random lag spike starts, the Managarmr gets teleported OR high in the sky, resulting in casual deaths of people because they went too high, OR being teleported over the border, resulting in instakill for player and managarmr (in both cases if you are unlucky)

Actually, the guy who create this post was complaning about insta-kill. There is not issue about getting warned you'll die, but some part of the boarder will insta-kill you, without warning! That's a bug i guess. Could a dev look at it? Do i need to make a video about it?

• Thanks 1

The problem is they have a background that has the samething as the other side. Yes there are little tiny red posts but if like me  you are talking to your tribemates you miss little things like posts right you are leaving already some tek looking edges. Poof you are dead litterally for me was a drake I've spent plus 3 or 400 hours in the drake pit with and a reaper that was one of my first leveled to 2 mil plus exp. Then to boot I lost an otter I had been in the desert cave and before the ice cave filling with arties. I could not get to my bag. I had no warning anyone thats ever flow a drake knows they move I made a  mistake and no chance I was recovering from it is a new level of survival for me its end game I am done. I have been beaten by rapters slapped by thylos fallen off for food loss or water. Going out of bounds when my back drop was the desert mounts that surround both sides is the line. Done WC Exctinction just became WOW for me genious stupidity. That map has no bonus whatso ever for the average player except death by accidental step. Change the raptoring background on the edge of the map! Death comes for you should be felt as the same as it would if I fell into the pink element lake on aberation.

• Sad 1