spoiler Questions after seeing the boss fights

Paroxyde

So, from several test in single player, extinction boss fights are very different from previous iteration. 

First, if you tame the titan, you will have no loot even of you kill it after. So you won't be able to use its head to summon the king titan. 

Second, you cannot skip directly to Alpha. To summon Gamma, you need all 3 titans head and some other trophies. However, Beta requires you to use Gamma King Titan head and the 3 others... while Alpha require you to have Beta Head. 

Its loot is in a big terminal once defeated in a ring or bubble of light depending on your graphic setting. Staying in this ring/bubble until the end allows you to ascend. Ascending after killing it will make you lose the head, so put it in your dinos outside of the "end" teleport ring. 

Beta difficulty will loot the M.O.M.I module for Mek. It allows 4 mek, one with the module equiped to fuse. However, the fusion is irreversible and can only happen once the Alpha King Titan is summoned. As long as the Alpha King Titan is alive, your MegaMek will work, however, once the Alpha King Titan dies, the MegaMek will self destruct. 

Note: Alpha King Titan is the Tek version of Gamma/Beta King Titan and look pretty badass. 

Gamma and Beta gives you the same flag along with the corresponding head. Alpha gives you a different flag, homo deus skin and its head. All difficulty will offer you loot. 

With that said. Here is the problem:

If you fail anywhere along the line, you have to restart from killing all 3 titans to kill gamma king titan, then kill all 3 titans again to kill beta king titan and kill all 3 titans one last time to kill alpha king titan... 

And now, factor in the fact that if someone tames one of the titan, you are stuck until it dies to summon the next one...

And fighting them using either tek suit or mek is a huge element sink and I still haven't found an easy way to procure elements. Titans rarely drops elements, most of the time they don't, sometimes 20 or so. Which is nothing compared to the consumption of that... 

MegaMek is almost mandatory for Alpha King Titan as it's almost a garanteed win. 

1000 elemental dust for 1 element is just crazy... 

Anyone knows how to get a lot of elements on extinction? 

Also, I have trouble taming desert titan, I don't see any pulsing corrupted node on it while I see them clearly on frost and forest titan. Does anyone have a clue? 

Note: summoned using the legit way, of course. 

that's some interesting observations, I only watched some videos about the Bossfight + Ending Cutscene. The Info about the MegaMek is good to know - since in a video that thing despawned after like 30 seconds that guy summoned it. My guess is that the best way to get element is killing robots for the start, and after that maybe we can harvest it outside in the hazard zone somewhere - idk, just letting things run through my head. I did check the map a bit in SP but other than that I just play on official and get to know stuff while playing ;)

GL for you guys, and if you find a good way to get Element let us know :D

14 hours ago, FluffyDinoPartey said:

that's some interesting observations, I only watched some videos about the Bossfight + Ending Cutscene. The Info about the MegaMek is good to know - since in a video that thing despawned after like 30 seconds that guy summoned it. My guess is that the best way to get element is killing robots for the start, and after that maybe we can harvest it outside in the hazard zone somewhere - idk, just letting things run through my head. I did check the map a bit in SP but other than that I just play on official and get to know stuff while playing ;)

GL for you guys, and if you find a good way to get Element let us know :D

I just read the dossier for the snow owl. It is said that its vision can find element vein. I believe this is the way. 

Archived