What WE want for Ark Mobile

ZooSam12

We the people of the servers and single playing worlds of Ark Mobile want to ask you developers of this Great game some things about the games future.

1. As of yesterday all the other platforms have gotten Extiction, will you make DLC's for Ark Mobile?

2. Will those DLC's be separate apps from Ark Mobile, such as Ark Mobile: Extiction?

3. If you do not make these DLC's will you at least make mods for Ark Mobile?

4. If you so decide to add mods for Ark Mobile will there be a official website or app to download mods from?

The list goes on but those are 4 of the main questions I personally see every day on Discord and other social media. We all would greatly appreciate you answering. Thank you- ZooSam10

Okay.

I have seen posts like these WAY to many times.

The devs would just love to add in new maps/dlc's

One problem.

YOU ARE PLAYING ON A PHONE.

It isn't an alien ware computer specifically designed for gaming. Most mobile devices absolutely STRUGGLE just turning this game on and loading the spawn area. Adding in another completely new map along with creatures, graphics and AI would probably make your phone explode. Let alone with this. It is a free game. You cant expect amazing things from the rather expensive paid version on the computer on a free game on your phone.

And don't get me started on how large the files would be.

Sorry if I sound angry I've just seen posts like this way too many times,

-Cap

You forgot to add one more thing for what we want on ARK Mobile.

That is to run our own private servers not through that crap company Nitrado, for you to force us to use that company is garbage, we should be able to run our own servers from our own dedi's or where ever we want to run them from and not forced through a single company/option.

2 hours ago, PHANTOMKAMI said:

That asks be answered before in a post ( Reddit if i remember)

And mobile versión don't go to have mods, not PC & consolé DLC and they don't they insure another map but it's possible.

And some dinos & creatures from other maps maybe add at the island like Griffin

will have Griffin on the next update

8 hours ago, CaptainSaltyYT said:

Okay.

I have seen posts like these WAY to many times.

The devs would just love to add in new maps/dlc's

One problem.

YOU ARE PLAYING ON A PHONE.

It isn't an alien ware computer specifically designed for gaming. Most mobile devices absolutely STRUGGLE just turning this game on and loading the spawn area. Adding in another completely new map along with creatures, graphics and AI would probably make your phone explode. Let alone with this. It is a free game. You cant expect amazing things from the rather expensive paid version on the computer on a free game on your phone.

And don't get me started on how large the files would be.

Sorry if I sound angry I've just seen posts like this way too many times,

-Cap

I get where you are coming from, but still if your phone has trouble playing it dont play it. I'm just saying as another app it would be nice to see other maps or mods

Another question I have is, if you wont/cant make anymore maps and are just to scared/possibly stuck up to add mods, will you add more biomes to the island with other dinos that are supposed to be DLC dinos? If none of the things above get worked out for mobile will you "evolve" the Island and add more dinos and biomes? I think that would be cool and it would make Ark Mobile unique from other Ark games, in turn you would have more of a chance of getting new players to buy your in game transaction stuff.

16 hours ago, ZooSam12 said:

I get where you are coming from, but still if your phone has trouble playing it dont play it. I'm just saying as another app it would be nice to see other maps or mods

So basically, you are asking another game???

My game runs fine as it is, but adding in dlc's and new maps would greatly effect everyone device. These would include; lowered frame rates, increased lag on servers, you probably wouldn't even be able to fit the new "app" on your device because of RAM problems along with probably destroying all the other apps memory files. I'm just giving you the facts. Another map/app just wouldn't be viable on a mobile device.

Peace,

-Cap

@CaptainSaltyYT I disagree respectfully.  I DO agree that adding DLC and/or Mods to the existing Ark mobile app would be non viable for the same reasons you do. This would be a big problem for the devs. Frame rate, crashes... all the above.. However, it would not be a problem for the devs to make a new app (other than time, but their payoff would be well worth it).. they successfully created one app with very nice map and graphics that works on mobile.  They chose to make it “look like ARK”. But it could have been dinos running around in Hillbilly Hills.  All I’m saying is if they did it once, they could be successful again.  Completely overcoming all the issues everybody keeps bringing up.  THE LAST REMAINING ISSUE is not one for the devs, but one for us.... CHOICE. the choice of what apps we want to be installed on our devices. I agree that ark is a heavy app that takes lots of space, and if we wanted to keep IT and install another Ark “Map App”, we would need to make decisions about “should I finally delete my candy crush app?”  But this issue is ours not the devs.  Also remember there are a LOT of iPads out there and high end phones that have plenty of space to hold anything Ark wants to give us.   This is just my two cents, I think it makes good sense,technical and business.  

On 11/7/2018 at 11:51 PM, Magesw said:

That is to run our own private servers not through that crap company Nitrado, for you to force us to use that company is garbage, we should be able to run our own servers from our own dedi's or where ever we want to run them from and not forced through a single company/option.

Nitrado is a great company with great, safe servers for cheap what else do you want?

@mitschi131 Alright in theory what you are saying makes sense. But you have to remember that the devs probably don't have the time to make an entirely new game as you are suggesting. Even if things like the AI etc can be used from the original game. We all have to accept that the developers of ARK: Survival Evolved go into their studio in the morning and work on their existing game. They have a road map leading into next year full of our demands that many people long for. It's not that I don't want Aberration or Extinction, it is just best that we don't get our hopes up for massive things like that.

Glhf,

-Cap

On 11/7/2018 at 5:51 PM, Magesw said:

You forgot to add one more thing for what we want on ARK Mobile.

+1000000 I have a server, but can only access it using my neighbors wifi, because I live in the middle of nowhere, and always use my phone's hotspot. Well a lot of people cross platform can't use mobile hotspots on nintrado servers!

Also the Reddit said they won't do more maps or dlc for mobile, but will add exclusive content, like they did with toxicant arrows. You should be amazed we can even play this on mobile. This game brought 3.5 gen console graphics to a hand held with less mass than a 1st gen Gameboy.

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 4:36 PM, CaptainSaltyYT said:

@mitschi131 Alright in theory what you are saying makes sense. But you have to remember that the devs probably don't have the time to make an entirely new game as you are suggesting. Even if things like the AI etc can be used from the original game. We all have to accept that the developers of ARK: Survival Evolved go into their studio in the morning and work on their existing game. They have a road map leading into next year full of our demands that many people long for. It's not that I don't want Aberration or Extinction, it is just best that we don't get our hopes up for massive things like that.

Glhf,

-Cap

The thing is that it would mostly come down to a few people working on the graphics of a new world, and it's probable that they would choose a smaller map like the Island to recreate. None of us are demanding a new map within a few months from now, but if there isn't one by the end of next year this game might be struggling regardless of a few new creatures, bosses, or tek tier.

Furthermore, it's important to remember that more and more powerful phones are being made each year. While an iPhone 8 or 6 only had 2gb of RAM, a brand new XS or Samsung S9 has 4. Eventually the phones won't be the limiting factor, so in years to come it'll be easier and easier for them to accomplish this.

its confirmed they are adding a new map next year so stop asking and complaining

be thankful ark is actually is on mobile and stop spamming forums with useless things that have already been confirmed in the latest dev road map @CaptainSaltyYT@Mitsu123  @ZooSam12

and making another app for a new dlc is a viable option but i dont think devs are gonna do that

and for the framerate for a new dlc when your running the dlc the other maps arnt gonna be still on

2 hours ago, Lucidd said:

running one map at a time wouldnt cause many framerate issue

for example when ur playing the island, scorched earth is not gonna be running and taking up data and frames same for if ur playing scorched earth its not gonna keep on running island and take up frames

Ok explain how they do that in multiplayer when some players are in Scorch and others on Island?

And if u Think the player warp between maps load all features at that moment when the phone try to unload features from map Where do you part the mobile don't crash it's ilogic.

I think they should have DLC as separate apps, and have a free trial to check if you can run it (if it will cost money). I can picture the scorched earth icon in my head. Mods should be allowed, but with limitations, so your phone can handle it. Also, We Need  Jerboa!!! Crypods will help with overpopulation of servers.

3 hours ago, Lucidd said:

@PHANTOMKAMI no ive been playing multiplayer games my whole life and ik that if u play one server YOU are not running another server your not playing on

Dude the maps run in dame server... If u put Scorch and the Island in different servers is like the actually Transfer servers and for that u need buy transfer ticket...

So how u plain make it? Explain again the phone RAM don't have enought power for that cause when u change maps phone need load the textures and objetcs of the new one but Still need unload memori of Map u leaving.

Thats why they can't add DLC of PC.

And the maps they maybe add for mobile need be same like Island or smaller and don't Think same Sistem like PC and console Transfer.

Again sorry for gramma.

Archived