Anyone admins getting insanely high CPU load on extinction?

DeucalionSS

I'm currently running extinction virtualized(qemu-kvm) on x2 Intel Xeon X5670's running at 2.93ghz. It's virtualized with 64gb of ram and 10 cores. The server I'm running it on houses 4 other Ark servers, but none of them run more than 1-2 people on at a time.

I'm setting the CPU affinity so that ark server instances are running only across two cores. No server instances share the same core. I also have the extinction server set to above normal priority with all the other servers set to normal.

I'm constantly running at 90% to 99% load on both cores when the server is between 10 to 15 players. Server FPS has also tanked.

None of the other servers we ran/run on this box saw NEARLY that load. The majority of the servers would run between 30% to 50% on both cores when running with 10-15 players.

Here is our mod list: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1558044375
Is anyone else seeing similar? Report in with what you're seeing and what you're running on so we can compare.

Any input or advice on this is much appreciated thank you!

Hmm. I actually found the servers to run worse when messing with Affinity.

I just checked on my server backend. Extinction is using more CPU resources. However only when there is player content on the server. My test server that anybody can log in and use admin, doesn't look like it's using much at all. But Extinction live is using quite a bit.

Like Sphere, I found that my server ran worse when I used the Affinity flag.

I've also found that the Extinction map is using more resources than the others.

Archived