80GB on downloading?

Abecy

This is how Steam always handles downloads for games and updates. It sends everything to that folder, does the decompressing, decrypting,etc, then moves all the files to the install folder.

Whenever you see the hard drive space needed on a steam page, expect at least double that when you download, after the install Steam will remove the download files and you should have the free space again.

Well you're lucky.

I downloaded and checked and it said 200gb+ lol.

Tried to start the game, couldn't start extinction. Got back into Steam. Told me my SSD and installation path was corrupt, ended up having to format it, and now i can't even install anything on it and i keep getting 'Disk drive error'..

PC - Steam user here.

I have two drives, one for my games and another for my operating system. The problem is that Steam is downloading the update on my OS SSD, which has roughly 60GB of free space.

Needless to say the update did not find enough room, after 3 attempts trying to clear stuff and such I just gave up and reinstalled the game on my game HD from scratch, as this prompts the game to actually use the proper designated HD for library.

I tried moving the update downloads to my game HD without success. Steam is not very helpful when it comes to support and it would be nice if Wildcard could do something to keep patches in the future with manageable sizes to offset steam´s issues.

I am not angry, but it does create a a whole process that should not be required. Now if my ISP had me capped, then I might have been angry as it would chew threw it in a blitz.

Cheers!

Archived