Extinction Downloaded Twice?? Help!

Phixel

Guest BubbaCrawfish

Lucky you, I'm still downloading it after 10 hours or something. Steam decided that it needed to restart for an 'update' and it started from the beginning again. (It was halfway through)

Damn you steam......

Guest BubbaCrawfish
1 hour ago, Draven713 said:

steam

Set your locality. Usually there's a few providers to download from your local area usually one hosted by your ISP.

I hope it doesn't tell me I need to reinstall when the first download is done lol. Press X to pray.

20 hours ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

Set your locality. Usually there's a few providers to download from your local area usually one hosted by your ISP.

I hope it doesn't tell me I need to reinstall when the first download is done lol. Press X to pray.

locality is set. have changed to several different states still starts and stops. it has to be something with them because other downloads are instant and consistent.

Oh and the third and final time Steam decided I didn't have Ark installed on my ssd so I had to reinstall the whole thing. which was a constant download that took no time at all. It seems the extinction update corrupted the files...(hah) I hate you wildcard for making me wait 5hrs for a 17gb patch to be erased and having to download the 35 gb entire game in less than 30 mins.....

Guest BubbaCrawfish
2 hours ago, Draven713 said:

locality is set. have changed to several different states still starts and stops. it has to be something with them because other downloads are instant and consistent.

If it's other steam distributed games, there shouldn't be any difference at all.

As long as the updates are done through the steam client, not the individual games launchers. If it's via their launchers, then that's another story.

Guest BubbaCrawfish

For the locked in downloading guys (Because mine downloaded fine in the end, just the steam update made it restart) have you got enough space on the harddrive you have it installing to for the 20gig download and enough for it to be put on the drive as well? (Should be 40gigs, 50 to be 'safe')

Also, look at the downloading cache folder (SteamLibrary\steamapps\downloading), and check you haven't got that clogged up with 'junk', as the multiple downloads could be filling up that folder and not clearing it. There should be nothing in there if it is completely 'done', but if there's like 2 folders or more in there, and you are still downloading the update, that could indicate an issue.

Archived