Update far too large

RipRavage

It isn't Ark related, it is Steam related

Steam downloads the compressed files, unpacks and decrypts files,etc. It needs pretty much double (or more) the amount of hard drive room when installing and updating games.

You can see in the SteamApps folder there is a download folder where it goes first, does its stuff, then moves to the install folder,etc.

2 minutes ago, Khilandros said:

It isn't Ark related, it is Steam related

Steam downloads the compressed files, unpacks and decrypts files,etc. It needs pretty much double (or more) the amount of hard drive room when installing and updating games.

You can see in the SteamApps folder there is a download folder where it goes first, does its stuff, then moves to the install folder,etc.

It doesn't help that the download keeps timing out.

1 minute ago, Khilandros said:

For sure, not to mention the download time jumps up and down like crazy...30mins, 5 hours, 5 mins...all over the place. It downloads and does all the hard drive stuff at the same time. Would be so nice if Steam just downloaded all at once, then patched after (like some of the online games).

My Hard drive space is jumping all over the place, one minute I have 10 gbs of space left then the next I have 45gbs of space free.

Archived