Transferring Dinos from Official to Single Player?

Is it possible to transfer dinos and eggs from the official pve servers to single player? I’m tired of my stuff auto decaying and I’m leaving official servers for good but I would like to keep my dinos that I worked hard to get. I don’t plan on transferring my stuff back to official or anything I just prefer to play my games with a pause button. I don’t appreciate getting “arked.” Lol. 

Just create a single player game and use admin cheats to gain back what you would have transferred. Its not necessarily the solution you were hoping to hear but if you are playing on single player, you make the rules and you should do what makes the game enjoyable for you. If you feel that you are owed those dinosaurs from your hard work into taming them then by all means spawn them in and use the forcetame command. 

On 11/7/2018 at 4:32 PM, earthwarder said:

Just create a single player game and use admin cheats to gain back what you would have transferred. Its not necessarily the solution you were hoping to hear but if you are playing on single player, you make the rules and you should do what makes the game enjoyable for you. If you feel that you are owed those dinosaurs from your hard work into taming them then by all means spawn them in and use the forcetame command. 

Yeah thank you. I just am going to miss the colors I had lol I had lots of cool event argents, rexes, featherlights, and stuff. Can I transfer between single player servers? I mainly play on rag but I started a SE a while back and I’d like to transfer an argent from single player SE to my rag single player.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/9/2018 at 11:15 AM, BlueIris2 said:

Yeah thank you. I just am going to miss the colors I had lol I had lots of cool event argents, rexes, featherlights, and stuff. Can I transfer between single player servers? I mainly play on rag but I started a SE a while back and I’d like to transfer an argent from single player SE to my rag single player.

You don't even need to miss the cool colors.  You can use the settargetdinocolor command to change different color regions on the dinos.  

I HIGHLY recommend the GMSummon command instead of forcetame or dotame.  GMSummon will instantly bring into being a tamed creature with the full tame bonus, rather than having to chase down a wild dino to use a tame command.

13 hours ago, Scrysis said:

You don't even need to miss the cool colors.  You can use the settargetdinocolor command to change different color regions on the dinos.  

I HIGHLY recommend the GMSummon command instead of forcetame or dotame.  GMSummon will instantly bring into being a tamed creature with the full tame bonus, rather than having to chase down a wild dino to use a tame command.

How do I change my dinos colors? I had no idea you could do that:D

15 hours ago, BlueIris2 said:

How do I change my dinos colors? I had no idea you could do that:D

Example off the wiki:  https://ark.gamepedia.com/Snow_Owl#Color_Scheme_and_Regions

Basically, you point your crosshairs on the dino you want to color, and go through regions 0-5.  Not all dinos have all regions to be colored.   Basic color list:  https://ark.gamepedia.com/Color_IDs .  You use the colors off the list I just linked.  Also, note!  That list is NOT 100% accurate.  The colors keep going beyond list.  Most of them repeat, but some of them don't.  For example, Teal, one of the colors found on rock drakes, is 104.

So, example usage:  cheat settargetdinocolor 0 8  -- turns region 0 a light grey.  Also, if it looks like the dino is not responding, it's because the game is confused what your target is.  Go ahead and punch the dino (sorry, dino!) and try coloring it again if that happens.

How do I know this?  Because I abuse this SHAMELESSLY on my dedicated server.

Archived