Worth starting?

Soursun

• 2 weeks later...

In my opinion with Extinction and Rag out....the only reason to even bother with SE is the kibble tree. When I’m breeding dinos i xfer over to SE as the kibble tree options for imprinting is much smaller. So if you are going to breed and imprint on dinos then SE can save you a lot of time vs building out a huge kibble farm on any other map. If you’ve already got your kibble farm up and running though then no. Do Rag or Extinction instead. 

• 3 weeks later...

I played a lot on SE PvP server and sadly its a worst map to stay. There are almost no spots to remain hidden or at least with a low profile so expect to be detected and attacked by tribes from different servers. Now a real question is do you think you can withstand? ?

But if you play on PvE then its not such a problem. ?

Its a nice looking map with a cool mood. It had its own bubble of progression that relied on its dino limitations. Back in the days before transfer in were opened it was already less popular with most people just logging in to hunt wyvern eggs and breed it to transfer out to the island servers. When transfer in were open all the challenge were ate by gigas in the desert and brontos getting inventory cap on one tail whip( berries and berry type stuff are piled up to fit the camelosaurs atack range) also by "easier" tame quetzals with better weight and farming utilities that could grab anks instead of wyverns (argentavis could not do the job yet). So, PvE wise it has little to add if not to get in the scorched mood and to apply to yourself some limitations. If it's not for you, just live in ragnarok's desert biome. PvP wise  there is little to nothing you can have there.

Also on PvE, if you planning to play officials, better get to the legacy cluster. The small amount of server on the "new" cluster are fully pillared and act as garages for people that plays elsewhere .

• 2 months later...

SE is pretty fun honestly. It's different, has its own vibe. The map is great for imprinting your dinos because there is very few kibble required. Dinos on SE ask for a total of 6 kibble which are terror bird, gallimimus, thorny dragon, mantis, morellatops aka camelsaurus and vulture. Raising wyverns is also pretty fun especially on events that drop colored versions. Some people love the map and some people hate it. I would recommend  checking it out you might actually enjoy the map and its extreme heat temperatures! ?

• 1 month later...

I personally find SE as a good challenge, its a rough envioment but so much fun at the same time ^_^ however i have not tryed ab or ext myself, but ext and rag servers are often (if not always) dino capped. That means u cant tame dinos or breed them, witch is realyl sad. -But on SE there is normally always space for new players, plus i find SE having less pillar problems then lets say Island, Center or Rag. 
Just my oppinion ^_^ enjoy the rest of ur day

SE is really fun and a huge challenge. If you play on PvP it is a nice place to build as plenty people hardly go on it, but on the down side, there is nearly no where to build in hiding on aggressive servers. For PvE good luck finding a spot to build as everyone pretty much took up all the spots and pillar spammed. If you are playing unofficial or single player, it is really fun to try and survive the onslaught of enemies and the environment as a whole. Just keep in mind that there is not much progression in here as the only boss is the Manticore and all the caves are short. But Wyverns are always nice to have. Just wish WC would update SE to bring back the life of this used to be great map.

• 2 weeks later...

I really like Scorched Earth for its challenging environment. It also has a few fun caves, and it was the first map to offer wyverns. The desert drops are also an AMAZING way to get good loot. On top of all that, the boss is one of the easiest to beat and get the artifacts for (only one of the caves is inaccessible to dinos, but you could probably bring something in with a cryopod).

That being said, Ragnarok now has a great desert area with red drops and deathworms, too. Plus, it offers a bunch of other biomes and includes almost all of the other dinos you can tame in Ark (except Abb and Extinction). The only downside is that Rag servers often have a LOT of people playing on them, so its easy to hit the dino cap.

If you are looking to play on a map with more of a challenge (electric and sand storms,), less lagg and more breeding/taming freedom, then I recommend SE. 

If you want a bigger map with a cornucopia of Easter eggs, lots of caves to adventure through, more players, and more options for dino tames and base builds, then Rag is your best bet.

• Jerryn locked this topic

Archived