Extinction Release Megathread

ItWasntMe

1 minute ago, Zederia said:

That's what you beta test for..?  you put the official release on beta asap, and find any big major things.   Also, Blizzard released Diable 3 on time, even though it had MAJOR launch issues. they sorted those out post-launch

Blizz is also a huge company with hundreds of employees. WC is not.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, RowletAlex said:

Yeah, I was honestly expecting them to choose a more mainstream dragon than one small one from Nordic folklore that isn’t actually a dragon. In the myths, Managarmr is a wolf, and not a wolf-dragon. 

Warg to be exact. It means Moon-Hound and is said to swallow the moon and gorge on the dead. I have a theory that it gets a buff eating corpses just like the argy does, and is a resident on the wastes which does look like a moonscape. It also seems like this is the Ragnarok team's signature dino that they made for this map.

10 minutes ago, StickmanStan said:

I haven't read one single post claiming that Wildcard is delaying the expansion release just to piss people off.

I haven't read one single post claiming that Wildcard is delaying the expansion to get more people to buy the game.

Could you quote these posts so I can see them, too?

2 hours ago, Zederia said:

how could they not know there were issues an hour ago? no, this is done JUST to irritate us

1 hour ago, JayWinter said:

Maybe they just want to make their player base mad about releasing late. That way game journalists can say stuff like "ARK players are so furious the new DLC didn't come out on time. That's how much they love the game. Go buy ARK right now for $59.99 and all the expansions for $40. . . " Top kek m8, it's always been about the money, this is some kinda advertising tool they're using delaying it back a few hours. 

I know there was more stuff implying but I'm too lazy to look for it all

1 minute ago, Zederia said:

I think you miss the point. it's not the 4 hour delay we're annoyed with. it's the lack of communication until last second (literally)

Yeah and its clearly a problem they must not of been aware of. Why would they deliberately withhold an issue from everyone and decide 'Hey lets just let them know right at the last minute that there's a delay' Its not in their interest to piss off the people that fund their business now is it. All im saying is poop happens and a few hours is no big deal.

That second quote is tongue-in-cheek and not serious. The guy claiming those arguments fails. The first quote has already been effectively redacted by the poster later in this thread.

That guy's argument fails and his level of backlash at people who are upset about this habitual failure on Wildcard's part is not rational.

1 minute ago, StickmanStan said:

That second quote is tongue-in-cheek and not serious. You fail. The first quote has already been effectively redacted by the poster later in this thread.

Your argument fails and your level of backlash at people who are upset about this habitual failure on Wildcard's part is not rational.

I was quoting them for you and was not the original person calling them out, but thanks

1 minute ago, Manfriday said:

Yeah and its clearly a problem they must not of been aware of. Why would they deliberately withhold an issue from everyone and decide 'Hey lets just let them know right at the last minute that there's a delay' Its not in their interest to piss off the people that fund their business now is it. All im saying is poop happens and a few hours is no big deal.

What angers a crowd more, breaking a promise? Or breaking a promise and then trying to hide that transgression? Being intentionally deceitful makes the fault worse.

Let's be honest here. Wildcard didn't just suddenly realize at 9:59am pacific that there was a problem and that they had to delay the game. This kind of thing is known WELL in advance. Instead of appropriately addressing the people who have GIVEN THEM MONEY they just kinda swept it under the rug and hoped no one would notice. Then when people inevitably noticed, out came some half-hearted "uh... yeah, delay. We dunno. Something happened. More later. Maybe" release in one place and all the threads on the steam forum about it have been deleted. It's odd that threads on this forum about it haven't been deleted too. I'm half expecting that, too.

I would expect a public notification EVERYWHERE to reach maximum number of customers the INSTANT they knew there would be a delay. That's entirely understandable. It's the fact that their presentation and communication has been a dumpster fire that makes the problem seem worse.

3 minutes ago, Manfriday said:

I only actually came on this forum to see what the news was else where. Its good to see its like every other forum on the World Wide Web. Argue and disagree for the sake of it haha. I put one post up and get questioned and asked for proof of my statement.

Uh, no.

27 minutes ago, Manfriday said:

I hope all the people on here that are moaning and crying about the delay are in fact the prepubescent children they sound like, id be ashamed to think your adults and carrying on like this claiming they are doing it on purpose to 'Get more people to buy the game' or 'They are doing it just to piss us off' Get real will ya lol, these things happen. Im not a game developer so I dont know what is involved in a launch, but im guessing certain things are only set to run once they officially launch and thats why the problem has only just surfaced.

If the developers are so bad and they have been for years, then im shocked to see you even come on a forum to complain about the game you so clearly love playing!

You threw some inflammatory rhetoric at people with reasonable objections.

Archived