Extinction Release Megathread

ItWasntMe

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, RoyHess666 said:

Good trailer indeed, at least the first part.

It's an exceptionally good trailer. If I wasn't completely sold on ARK to begin with, after watching the Extinction trailer I'd have bought ARK. They keep hinting at a movie like with the live actor in the beginning. Wish we could get a proper movie about ARK tbh. Imagine how many more players would come online. 

>1 hour to go frens

cross your fingers!

3 minutes ago, StickmanStan said:

Oh, good, that's totally important to work on right now LUL

Probably what they gave to one of the community managers to do while the programmers work to rectify the delay. It’d (partially) explain the lack of word from Wildcard about it, at least.

Also, only one hour left! We’ve almost got it!

I hope all the people on here that are moaning and crying about the delay are in fact the prepubescent children they sound like, id be ashamed to think your adults and carrying on like this claiming they are doing it on purpose to 'Get more people to buy the game' or 'They are doing it just to piss us off' Get real will ya lol, these things happen. Im not a game developer so I dont know what is involved in a launch, but im guessing certain things are only set to run once they officially launch and thats why the problem has only just surfaced.

If the developers are so bad and they have been for years, then im shocked to see you even come on a forum to complain about the game you so clearly love playing!

4 minutes ago, Manfriday said:

I hope all the people on here that are moaning and crying about the delay are in fact the prepubescent children they sound like, id be ashamed to think your adults and carrying on like this claiming they are doing it on purpose to 'Get more people to buy the game' or 'They are doing it just to piss us off' Get real will ya lol, these things happen. Im not a game developer so I dont know what is involved in a launch, but im guessing certain things are only set to run once they officially launch and thats why the problem has only just surfaced.

If the developers are so bad and they have been for years, then im shocked to see you even come on a forum to complain about the game you so clearly love playing!

I haven't read one single post claiming that Wildcard is delaying the expansion release just to piss people off.

I haven't read one single post claiming that Wildcard is delaying the expansion to get more people to buy the game.

Could you quote these posts so I can see them, too?

5 minutes ago, Manfriday said:

Im not a game developer so I dont know what is involved in a launch, but im guessing certain things are only set to run once they officially launch and thats why the problem has only just surfaced.

That's what you beta test for..?  you put the official release on beta asap, and find any big major things.   Also, Blizzard released Diable 3 on time, even though it had MAJOR launch issues. they sorted those out post-launch

3 minutes ago, Raiah said:

Not a biggy for me really. It just gives me time to watch the wiki update on the new stuff because the new stuff has some really interesting names. Managarmr being one such name.

Yeah, I was honestly expecting them to choose a more mainstream dragon than one small one from Nordic folklore that isn’t actually a dragon. In the myths, Managarmr is a wolf, and not a wolf-dragon. 

i dont think they do it on purpose, i just think its badly organised and has been since they started, even with all the flames people have made and WC have reacted saying they will be more open and communicate more 3 dlc later its still the same, i love the game, just the PR part as always is lacking for 2018

1 minute ago, StickmanStan said:

I haven't read one single post claiming that Wildcard is delaying the expansion release just to piss people off.

in their defense (only because it's true)  I actually said that on page 1 or 2. they do this every singe release and give no information at all. they release updates on official servers. we log out, and they delay it 4-5-6 hours, and not tell us

Archived