Extinction Release Megathread

ItWasntMe

2 minutes ago, Ocicat said:

When GP posted that it did say 1 hour. He didn't lie, nice try though.

No, it didn't. It already said 3 hours when he posted that. My friends and I were already bitching about it on comms.

When I saw his post, I closed Steam, reopened steam, checked the launch page, confirmed the 3 hour mark, took the screenshot, did some editing, uploaded it, etc.

It DID say 3 hours when he posted that.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Zederia said:

um.. they've had 2 years. TWO YEARS to fix game-breaking issues, fix their release pipeline and all sorts of other things. they're intentionally doing these things when they could have wrapped up extinction's development for launch yesterday, at the latest and not hit these "snags" now. If they're doing work till the last moment that's on them, not us

Perhaps the "snags" were met whilst attempting to finally release it, how are they meant to sort them out yesterday? There is absolutely no way any company would want to irritate their market, that's how they lose customers.

1 minute ago, StickmanStan said:

No, it didn't. When I saw his post, I closed Steam, reopened steam, checked the launch page, saw the 3 hour mark, took the screenshot, did some editing, uploaded it, etc.

No it didn't, it said 1 hour at first, then 2, then 3. GO be wrong somewhere else.

Just now, StickmanStan said:

No, it didn't. When I saw his post, I closed Steam, reopened steam, checked the launch page, saw the 3 hour mark, took the screenshot, did some editing, uploaded it, etc.

Maybe at the time of his post. He was responding to a player who was wondering about a 2 hour delay after it was supposed to be only an hour. I was refreshing the page every 2 minutes hoping for payment info so he was correct. The fact that Wildcard changed it to 3 hours on him isn't his fault.

I bet you guys 10,000 Chainlink that it gets delayed a few more hours in the next few hours lmao. Also, it's pretty practical if you are a crypto miner to use a mining rig as an ARK server host machine - it saves on just having a computer sitting around doing nothing but hosting ARK and not making any money. Maximize your hardware to where it works for you, know wat im sayin? I host my ARK cluster servers off a 8 GPU mining rig and I have no issues with it. 

Just now, moonlord2demon said:

I didn`t complain... i just said they never delivered on time in their life. Which is the reality. The reason why we are pissed is why announce everytime something and delay it every single time. They should have learned from their mistakes by now after SE and Abr, and give a goddamn timer that is actually real! Not one person would be here complaining then. Why not announce 7th of november as release and have everything done by then instead of announcing 6th at that hour and then delay.... 

Everytime they use a timer and hit some issues on release, you guys complain. I'm not surprised they didn't bother with a timer. And if they announced the 7th it would be the same story, just tomorrow. And I'm not 100% sure about this but I don't think they ever announced a time of release, just a date.

1 minute ago, TheInverse said:

Everytime they use a timer and hit some issues on release, you guys complain. I'm not surprised they didn't bother with a timer. And if they announced the 7th it would be the same story, just tomorrow. And I'm not 100% sure about this but I don't think they ever announced a time of release, just a date.

how about summer 2018? They delayed it, and told us the VERY last day of summer..

8 minutes ago, TheInverse said:

No, they very definitely promised 10am pacific on multiple occasions. Even right here on this forum LOL.

Jesus, it's like users actually remember promises and expect them to be upheld or something.

7l2jcwA.jpg

Just now, JayWinter said:

Is releasing a product exactly on time such a big deal? I mean who in the world would expect a company deliver exactly on the date and time when they say they will? It just doesn't make sense guys! I can't figure this one out! Pls send halp!

Because pretty much most games that I have played and installed on Steam actually DID release on time maybe?

2 minutes ago, JayWinter said:

Is releasing a product exactly on time such a big deal? I mean who in the world would expect a company deliver exactly on the date and time when they say they will? It just doesn't make sense guys! I can't figure this one out! Pls send halp!

99.9% of other companies keep their times perfectly. you can set a watch on it

Archived