Devs!!!!

Noe5798

Ok so I understand why you are pushing back console release for the new DLC.. But in spite of that why is it that for us players on the PS4 or xone it seems like you could care less about us?? You said we would get S+ and now we’re not and the pc has over 16 different maps but yet we have 2 besides the DLC... I mean come on it is not hard to port these things over to the  consoles and it has been what your players have been wanting but you ignore us.. And prim+ has been needing updates and yet nothing as well.. So again why is it you ignore or it seems you ignore a huge part of your population? I know this most likely will not be responded to by the devs but it would be nice, sense I know many other gamers like myself are loosing faith in you.. WildCard you guys have made a good game but it seems that you need not forget about your player base... And last and final thing please implement the cooking system from prim+ to Survival 

14 hours ago, Noe5798 said:

Ok so I understand why you are pushing back console release for the new DLC.. But in spite of that why is it that for us players on the PS4 or xone it seems like you could care less about us?? You said we would get S+ and now we’re not and the pc has over 16 different maps but yet we have 2 besides the DLC... I mean come on it is not hard to port these things over to the  consoles and it has been what your players have been wanting but you ignore us.. And prim+ has been needing updates and yet nothing as well.. So again why is it you ignore or it seems you ignore a huge part of your population? I know this most likely will not be responded to by the devs but it would be nice, sense I know many other gamers like myself are loosing faith in you.. WildCard you guys have made a good game but it seems that you need not forget about your player base... And last and final thing please implement the cooking system from prim+ to Survival 

Because they are mods? And console don't support mods. 

I read somewhere that maybe one day console can get mod but that's on Sony's and Microsoft's end. 

30 minutes ago, Paroxyde said:

Because they are mods? And console don't support mods. 

I read somewhere that maybe one day console can get mod but that's on Sony's and Microsoft's end. 

Mod support is on consoles but very limited. Uneducated people just seem to blame it all on the game developers instead of understanding that the issues lie with consoles game maturity ratings and the certification process.

Game developers would need to spend a lot of money and resources just to oversee the operation. For example, Bethesda can afford mod support on consoles through the likes of Skyrim and Fallout because they tick all the boxes.

Mod support on console comes with a huge cost to the developer.

10 hours ago, GP said:

That's never been the plan.

It most certainly has. Though they recently mentioned that they have no idea when it would be implemented as they do not plan on incorporating all the S+ items/structures.

Jen and Jat announcing S+ Integration at Twitchcon 2017

Also, as far as mod support goes, that is not in WC's hands. The console world plays by different rules. Any games that support modding on consoles are subject to stricter guidelines plus approval from Sony/Microsoft. That is why Skyrim has so few mods on console compared to PC, just as an example.

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, LockeCPM4 said:

It most certainly has. Though they recently mentioned that they have no idea when it would be implemented as they do not plan on incorporating all the S+ items/structures.

Jen and Jat announcing S+ Integration at Twitchcon 2017

Also, as far as mod support goes, that is not in WC's hands. The console world plays by different rules. Any games that support modding on consoles are subject to stricter guidelines plus approval from Sony/Microsoft. That is why Skyrim has so few mods on console compared to PC, just as an example.

It has never been the plan that it would release with Extinction, that is what I was saying.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, iAmE said:

You say that as if Wildcard has ever had anything resembling a "Plan". You've been playing for long enough to know that they do absolutely everything by ear with no planning or forethought what-so-ever. 

That is clearly wrong, how did they create the game and DLC... oh that's right they had to plan them. You can't create a game without planning it even if it is on a scrap of paper.

6 minutes ago, GP said:

That is clearly wrong, how did they create the game and DLC... oh that's right they had to plan them. You can't create a game without planning it even if it is on a scrap of paper.

Tell that to Wildcard. They've literally never hit a release on time, and every expac and major content to date has had severe to fatal flaws for up days to months following. 

See, here's why I don't think they plan anything. If you plan something, you generally follow a standard. You test it. Make sure it's ready to release, all the everything works at least functionally on the surface, then release it.

Meanwhile Wildcard just throws stuff at a unreal engine board until the code compiles then tries to ship it. Then when the code doesn't compile on the server side for whatever reason, they have to panic and push back the release time for hours, if not days (Extinction will be a first if it's actually released on the day they said it would be). Only for us to get into the game and find fatal game flaws and defects preventing meaningful play and/or progression, and have to wait weeks if not months for fixes to basic progression. 

I mean sure. Maybe they *do* plan, but it's such a lackluster and completely non-existent process that it may as well be non-existent. 

3 hours ago, iAmE said:

Tell that to Wildcard. They've literally never hit a release on time, and every expac and major content to date has had severe to fatal flaws for up days to months following. 

See, here's why I don't think they plan anything. If you plan something, you generally follow a standard. You test it. Make sure it's ready to release, all the everything works at least functionally on the surface, then release it.

Meanwhile Wildcard just throws stuff at a unreal engine board until the code compiles then tries to ship it. Then when the code doesn't compile on the server side for whatever reason, they have to panic and push back the release time for hours, if not days (Extinction will be a first if it's actually released on the day they said it would be). Only for us to get into the game and find fatal game flaws and defects preventing meaningful play and/or progression, and have to wait weeks if not months for fixes to basic progression. 

I mean sure. Maybe they *do* plan, but it's such a lackluster and completely non-existent process that it may as well be non-existent. 

To reference TDK, Wildcard plans about as much as a dog plans out chasing a car.

On 11/6/2018 at 1:17 PM, GP said:

What you are saying is true, but you're pretty much missing the point.

People are venting because they are unhappy that so many of WC's practices are still amateurish and unprofessional. This rollout of Extinction was done poorly, like a company that has never rolled out a major expansion before.

WC is very good at having ideas, and very bad at execution of important technical activities  like rolling out expansions. So you can argue with people over the question of whether or not WC had a plan, or plans, but that's beside the point. The bottom line is that they are bad at execution, and that's unprofessional.

1 hour ago, Pipinghot said:

What you are saying is true, but you're pretty much missing the point.

People are venting because they are unhappy that so many of WC's practices are still amateurish and unprofessional. This rollout of Extinction was done poorly, like a company that has never rolled out a major expansion before.

WC is very good at having ideas, and very bad at execution of important technical activities  like rolling out expansions. So you can argue with people over the question of whether or not WC had a plan, or plans, but that's beside the point. The bottom line is that they are bad at execution, and that's unprofessional.

Bare in mind some people just avoid criticising Wildcard, be it opinion based or factual. I have no issues with that, as it says more about their character than anything else, but they should try to remain neutral if they plan on taking that approach.

@Pipinghot

Some people also just show how childish they are by denying they act a certain way when confronted by their characteristics but continue on anway. They must get tired of all that white knighting. The developers are incredibly unprofessional but will still get defended by said people because that’s all they do.

Archived