Community Crunch 156: Extinction Release Info, Free Week, & Extra Life 2018!

Jen

Will there be any "fresh start" servers available at launch? Mainly looking for servers that prohibit transfers on release. I very much enjoyed the fresh start Rag servers that went up earlier this year on official; the PvP on a level playing field feels so much better. For players that don't have max-level, ascended characters to transfer in, what options do we have? I considered small tribe, but with transfers it seems so toxic. Was invited to a pre-Extinction boosting party (level 1 to 100 via Grinders) on small tribe official (basically so I could have a character to transfer), but then where is the fun (Plus I feel like that's kind of scummy and in violation of something somewhere)? 

“ARK: Survival Evolved will be free to play for a week, starting November 6th through November 11th! On-board your friends and family who have not experienced to give them a taste of The Island, Ragnarok, or The Center yet for no cost during those few days. And consider buying it if you enjoyed your time on the ARK to keep on surviving!”

Good luck with that on console lol

2 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

This is mentioned:

This is also mentioned:

C'mon guys, read the main post entirely before posting questions that are already answered in the main article. ?

Ok so just to specify because it’s important it says except hundred servers but then it says as well as small tribe servers so pls I’m confused will there be small tribe servers yes or no and if no do u know when? Please answer 

It's going to be really lame if you bring extinction to consoles and don't have any sort of new servers. Can you please release conquest soon or at least mention whether you will or not or at least consider bringing some sort of new server to consoles with extinction? All the servers seem full or controlled by large groups that will go wipe anyone they find there. There are large groups of people I know about waiting for conquest with extinction on ps4 to return to the game.

Thanks for your consideration and reply

• Volunteer Moderator
44 minutes ago, Balcoin said:

Ok so just to specify because it’s important it says except hundred servers but then it says as well as small tribe servers so pls I’m confused will there be small tribe servers yes or no and if no do u know when? Please answer 

"TheHundred" refers to the "TheHundredCrossArk" clusters (a legacy failed experiment that is not popular as far as I know). Since the exception is between parentheses, it only affects what is between them meaning that Small Tribes and Conquest will have servers available. As for when, well, that is mentioned in the main article.

2 hours ago, jamesbaker1993 said:

Was invited to a pre-Extinction boosting party (level 1 to 100 via Grinders) on small tribe official (basically so I could have a character to transfer), but then where is the fun (Plus I feel like that's kind of scummy and in violation of something somewhere)?

I believe that this would indeed be in violation of the "no teaming rules" of the Code of Conduct.

Edited by invincibleqc

• Volunteer Moderator

Well done for the ExtraLife charity event, $76,000 is an amazing amount to raise and smashed last years! Well done to all of the streamers who used their time to stream to their viewers to help raise the funds and also to those that donated for the cause.

Here's my little highlight from the ExtraLife stream where Jat trolled Zane and it ended in tears! ?

• Haha 1

I really love the amount of console players raging about WC "being unfair" to them for delaying the release. If they truly ignore console players, they won't even bother releasing Extinction at all, not to say just delaying it. 

13 minutes ago, JakejakeT600 said:

Over 300 comments raging over how unfair this release was to console users, and still ignores it. We give too much over to people like you, EA is starting look like more justly than you

And you are telling me that they releases "pay to win" loot chest? Care to explain? Because the way you said it sounds like they only make loot chest paid, the way to win.

53 minutes ago, teknology said:

I hope there is a setting on all platform that make the Titans perm tames On single player, private session with mates or just unoiffcalvserver 

fingers crossed 

They are already permanent tames on single player (just one per)

3 hours ago, Jtmorris said:

Ooh console snubbed again. No acknowledgement at all. 

Exactly what is "No acknowledgement" to you, Mr. Rager?

3 hours ago, TemperanceXIV said:

“ARK: Survival Evolved will be free to play for a week, starting November 6th through November 11th! On-board your friends and family who have not experienced to give them a taste of The Island, Ragnarok, or The Center yet for no cost during those few days. And consider buying it if you enjoyed your time on the ARK to keep on surviving!”

Good luck with that on console lol

They said nothing about the paid DLC being free for a week, I don't get your point on this. Care to elaborate? 

5 hours ago, jamesbaker1993 said:

Will there be any "fresh start" servers available at launch? Mainly looking for servers that prohibit transfers on release. I very much enjoyed the fresh start Rag servers that went up earlier this year on official; the PvP on a level playing field feels so much better. For players that don't have max-level, ascended characters to transfer in, what options do we have? I considered small tribe, but with transfers it seems so toxic. Was invited to a pre-Extinction boosting party (level 1 to 100 via Grinders) on small tribe official (basically so I could have a character to transfer), but then where is the fun (Plus I feel like that's kind of scummy and in violation of something somewhere)? 

All DLC server will be considered as almost "fresh start" for a few months. If you meant no character transfer as well, you will be totally disappointed.

4 hours ago, Indoraptorgod2 said:

The megramar will it be rideable and don't make it tamalbe can we get eggs

We don't know, and we will only find out AFTER its released.

3 hours ago, robbydeath said:

It's going to be really lame if you bring extinction to consoles and don't have any sort of new servers. Can you please release conquest soon or at least mention whether you will or not or at least consider bringing some sort of new server to consoles with extinction? All the servers seem full or controlled by large groups that will go wipe anyone they find there. There are large groups of people I know about waiting for conquest with extinction on ps4 to return to the game.

Thanks for your consideration and reply

You do realize that they can't do that if consoles aren't going to get DLC until after at least a week, right? There isn't any point for them setting up servers for something no one on console can get right now.

• Facepalm 1

NO ITEMS AND DINOS TRANSFER ON LAUNCH .. JUST CHARACTER

i think its a good WC decision... imagine loads of pillars and ladders that players are taking with them in extinction servers. Next day after this would be all pillar covered. Now we will have to start from mortar, forge and smithy ?
and naked with dirty pants... because if we cant get items, we will not bring anything in inventory.

Edited by slejo

• Volunteer Moderator
32 minutes ago, Alocoste said:

Hello, according to Wiki, it will be release at 7pm GMT+1. Is it correct? Also, as asked by some people, will the downloading of the map open a bit before this release?

Thanks a lot.

Yes 7pm GMT+1 is correct. There will be no pre-download.

1 hour ago, Vaculity said:

They said nothing about the paid DLC being free for a week, I don't get your point on this. Care to elaborate? 

I would love to elaborate. Why would any console player try to get friends or family into a game that is neglected on said system? We are already dissatisfied with the current situation so why would we recruit more paychecks for those pockets when more interesting games are releasing at the same time?

You keep saying we’re raging about being in an unfair situation but did you not even stop to realize pc players are already complaining about not getting a good enough multiplier or that they can’t preload the game to play even sooner? 

As I’ve already stated, if pc was delayed and not consoles the pc players wouldn’t be “crying” or “raging” they would be acting as though it was the end of the world. You already are simply because we have voices.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vaculity said:

You do realize that they can't do that if consoles aren't going to get DLC until after at least a week, right? There isn't any point for them setting up servers for something no one on console can get right now.

Yes, I'm aware, as everyone else is, that extinction itself or new extinction servers can't come out without extinction being released - Thank you for gracing us with your wisdom.

If you have anything to say that actually pertains to what I'm asking about, please let us know.

I'm asking for information regarding new servers or conquest servers for consoles with or before the release of extinction. Obviously I have to state for people like Vaculity if the conquest servers came out before extinction then obviously extinction would not be included until it did come out. With that being said, I hope they consider releasing conquest with extinction on consoles or before. People are waiting to return to the game if new servers, specifically conquest, are released.

Take care

• Thanks 1

Im so f'ing pissed. Why do I have to wait one week longer than people that paid the same or less for this game!!!? You can call me rager, idc. If you'd have to wait 6 more days you'd be angry too. I'm not "against" the pc players with this comment. It is just simple: unfair and WC LIED again! You will never get this game ready. Because of that you force people to host their own servers with that, to get more $. The first time I read about DLC's in the PS Store it said the last one will come in spring 2018... And you told us the 6th of November..... and you keep on lying! Saying: no halloween event, focusing on extinction. and ALLLL that sh*. Btw Ark is my all time favorite game!