Fresh or Transfer

probiotic

My friend and I play on our own server cooperatively together. We are starting at level 1, with all our previous tekgrams (which is all of them since we've completed all previous maps)

We find it extends our playtime. We went from island to scorched earth at our current levels, which I believe he was a little past 100 (I think 101, at the time extinction chronicles 1 was out) and I was 98. We blew through scorched earth in two weeks, killing alpha manticore in that time. We decided for aberration we'd start at level 1 with all the previous tekgrams, and we were on aberration for a month & a half. While we still knew what to do on aberration, we had no idea how to beat scorched earth, the best places to find things, how to complete caves etc. Aberration, we knew where to get drake eggs, where to find all the resources, basically how to progress.

Starting at level 1 on extinction and having a heavy emphasis on late-game in extinction (tek) we will likely be busy with extinction for 3-4 months if not a bit longer. And that makes us happy. We play with 1x exp til lvl 90, then go up to 2x, then boost it to 3x once we hit level 110. But all other rates are lowish (3x tame, 5x incubation, 10x maturation, 2x harvest)

I will most likely transfer, or start a new character and do an island survivor note run then transfer. From what I am getting it going to be a very difficult map and having a leveled character isn't going to be all you need to stay safe. Might spend the first hour there with a new build and see how I handle but have it currently in my mind to transfer. 

17 minutes ago, BrixunMortar said:

Pretty sure dino and item download will be disabled, like Abberation was

i hope they dont do it again, when we started aberration in the first day we see a lot of high level ppl and ind forge in day 1, thats so raptor up, they should like add a new cluster of servers, maybe a brand new cluster of smalltribe should be great.

32 minutes ago, gabrinoel said:

i hope they dont do it again, when we started aberration in the first day we see a lot of high level ppl and ind forge in day 1, thats so raptor up, they should like add a new cluster of servers, maybe a brand new cluster of smalltribe should be great.

Just how i see it panning out. I rent  a server so i'll take  my resource  dinos and breeders, leave the rest. Then continue my adventure lol

13 hours ago, Vynlann said:

My friend and I play on our own server cooperatively together. We are starting at level 1, with all our previous tekgrams (which is all of them since we've completed all previous maps)

We find it extends our playtime. We went from island to scorched earth at our current levels, which I believe he was a little past 100 (I think 101, at the time extinction chronicles 1 was out) and I was 98. We blew through scorched earth in two weeks, killing alpha manticore in that time. We decided for aberration we'd start at level 1 with all the previous tekgrams, and we were on aberration for a month & a half. While we still knew what to do on aberration, we had no idea how to beat scorched earth, the best places to find things, how to complete caves etc. Aberration, we knew where to get drake eggs, where to find all the resources, basically how to progress.

Starting at level 1 on extinction and having a heavy emphasis on late-game in extinction (tek) we will likely be busy with extinction for 3-4 months if not a bit longer. And that makes us happy. We play with 1x exp til lvl 90, then go up to 2x, then boost it to 3x once we hit level 110. But all other rates are lowish (3x tame, 5x incubation, 10x maturation, 2x harvest)

This is how you should always play new DLC unless you play competitive PVP in a tribe that controls multiple servers.
For the best experience you need to struggle -- there is no story without struggle.

Once you have completed the dlc 90% or so, start thinking about bringing stuff from other maps, like your awesome blueprints etc

22 minutes ago, Boubbin said:

This is how you should always play new DLC unless you play competitive PVP in a tribe that controls multiple servers.
For the best experience you need to struggle -- there is no story without struggle.

Once you have completed the dlc 90% or so, start thinking about bringing stuff from other maps, like your awesome blueprints etc

I totally agree here, you also get a ton more play time and satisfaction / feeling of achievement out of it in my humble opinion.
For me to xfer with dinos and max level character into it would completely ruin the experience, im a purist at heart and i loved SE, AB and to beat the game and establish myself from level 1.

2 hours ago, Boubbin said:

We agreed not to take our blueprints because in essence that's almost the same as taking our levels. We thought about it, we really did. Just wasn't with us since we used upgrade station. On that subject we decided not to use upgrade station this time around. Purely only using s+, platforms plus+ (although doubt we'll use em), awesome spyglass (we can't live w/o a spyglass mod now).

Archived