How many level can i put in melee before it gets nerfed

Azmain

Hello guys, i play modded single player ARK at pc. The max level dino in my world is i believe 302, and when i tame and level up the dinos it only gains something like 70 ish level before it max's out. However, i watch some ARK players online and their dinos gain something like 499 levels, and they pump 255 levels on their dino melee and it maxs out. So my question is can i change my setting to allow my dinos to gain such high levels and if not what is the max level i should pump in my melee, so i dont accidently nerf it.                                                                                                    Also the mods that i play are:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1497201151

Just now, Azmain said:

Yeah but why do I gain 70 levels than, and what will be my max cap

It's a stat cap. You just have to pay attention to the points you assign.

8 minutes ago, Housatonic said:

I'm honestly baffled players keep going for insane numbers of levels which cause these issues, instead of changing the gain per level, which allows the same kinds of stats without worrying about the 255 technical limit.

Agreed. 

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, Azmain said:

Yeah but why do I gain 70 levels than, and what will be my max cap

Well, the max level of a creature is (255 * 7) + 1 = 1,786. While they can be higher level, you cannot have more points than that distributed into the 7 categories (6 for flyers) so any level higher will just be reflected on the level of the creature and won't have any effect on the actual stats. However, I'm fairly sure that domesticated levels are not affecting that cap so you could put all your lvlups into a 255 base stat.

11 minutes ago, Housatonic said:

I'm honestly baffled players keep going for insane numbers of levels which cause these issues, instead of changing the gain per level, which allows the same kinds of stats without worrying about the 255 technical limit.

I think the issue is more that the difficulty settings allow scaling to values that are not supported in the back end. But yeah, I don't understand the reason behind setting that higher either as it scale everything the same way meaning that a difficulty 5 .0 server would results into the same challenges as a difficulty 100.0 in the end.. wouldn't it?

Archived