What does it take to kill a level 35 giga?

Syrilian

The group of 3 that I play with are gearing up to kill a giga for the trophy to eventually face the dragon but we are not sure how many Rexs to take to kill it. We have our 19 Rexs that we have used to kill the beta spider and beta megapithicus without any losses. Will that be enough? All the Rexs are at least 30k health and 600 melee.

3 metal dino gateways and a large bear trap in the middle. Someone kites it into the trap and then another places the fourth metal dino gate behind it. Trapping it in the square box of dino gates. Proceed to kill however you want. The easiest tactic from this point in my opinion is to just shoot it with tranqs until it is knocked out. Then butcher it until it has about 1k hp left. Then you have to let it wake back up to receive the trophy from it's corpse. If you kill it while k/o'd to tame it will not give you the heart.

2 players with 1 good bred theri each can kill wild Giga easily with 1-2 cakes in the inventory no matter what is the level of giga because they always have 80k health. You can do it even with one theri solo but sometimes you can die. With 2 persons this is not a problem, you will endup with 30% health. Or use a group of unridden ones with you not even need to be mate boosted.

Theri(s) should have stats (max) 20k health, 800+ melee (50+ levels in health and dmg after hatch and you need 100% imprint), saddle 80+. Giga will make almost no damage with normal attack because of the saddle. However, the bleeding effect is the thing that takes your health but thats why you have the cakes, this is a battle against time and there is no special tricks here, just spam attack.

Most likely, single bred Rex will never kill wild giga, but 2-3 can do it.

Dodo army... find an empty server with no players, tame every dodo until server tame cap and go kill one.

Now that IS a challenge for someone? Any takers?

On a serious note... if you havent anything strong enough to kill it, hit it with some arrows and kite it into seep water until it drowns. Make sure you can retrieve the bag though so have something available to go get it.

If you have the time, then the gated idea would work simply enough. Just make sure you have a quick mount for kiting into it :P

2 players with 1 good bred theri each can kill wild Giga easily with 1-2 cakes in the inventory no matter what is the level of giga because they always have 80k health. You can do it even with one theri solo but sometimes you can die. With 2 persons this is not a problem, you will endup with 30% health. Or use a group of unridden ones with you not even need to be mate boosted.
Theri(s) should have stats (max) 20k health, 800+ melee (50+ levels in health and dmg after hatch and you need 100% imprint), saddle 80+. Giga will make almost no damage with normal attack because of the saddle. However, the bleeding effect is the thing that takes your health but thats why you have the cakes, this is a battle against time and there is no special tricks here, just spam attack.
Most likely, single bred Rex will never kill wild giga, but 2-3 can do it.
I used a nice therizino with ascendent saddle to kill a few.

The other day I killed one on foot with a pump action. 

Started out good. Was up the cliff from it, had a spino with a primitive saddle, happily sniping away at it. But eventually the giga got around and suddenly had the high ground... So the spino died and I was left to fight on foot. It was a rewarding victory. Hahaha

Archived