Why did Wildcard suspiciously just REMOVE the day from Steam's release date?

StickmanStan

If you checked the DLC page last week, you'd have seen that the Extinction DLC package was noted available November 6th 2018.

Now, for some strange reason, the DAY has been removed. Why is that? Are we looking at yet another delay that Wildcard is so famous for?

Can we please confirm Extinction is still coming out tomorrow for PC at 10am pacific?

dfEQblm.jpg

1 minute ago, UDGxKnight said:

Would be fair for both to be delayed so nobody experiences all the surprise content before the other and spoils it for everyone else. Social Media ruins being able to not get spoiled 

That is a retarded reason to delay the PC release after choosing to delay the console release.

"We've delayed the console release. We'd better screw over our PC players, too, so nobody sees spoilers on social media!" <-- uh, no

Just now, StickmanStan said:

That is a retarded reason to delay the PC release after choosing to delay the console release.

We've delayed the console release. We'd better screw over our PC players, too, so nobody sees spoilers on social media!

It isn't retarded in any way. Its called just being fair to the entire community 

1 minute ago, StickmanStan said:

You're not thinking this through very well.

No I am.

Its either fair to both sides or its entirely unfair. Simple and basic common sense

I payed the exact same amount of money. Have similar if not the same play times as PC players. Delaying one release and not the other on the exact same content when other DLCs have launched at the exact same time before is just plain Unfair

First, "fair to both sides or entirely unfair" is not a reasonable position to hold. This is akin to an ultimatum. Only 2 extremes are offered and neither are correct.

Second, "paid" is the correct term.

I see that you're a console player, which helps me understand why you're seemingly angry and unreasonable about this release date. BUT BUT BUT MY CONSOLE. It seems like you're smugly happy if the PC release will be delayed because you can't have your console release on the same day. That explains a lot.

2 minutes ago, StickmanStan said:

First, "fair to both sides or entirely unfair" is not a reasonable position to hold. This is akin to an ultimatum. Only 2 extremes are offered and neither are correct.

Second, "paid" is the correct term.

I see that you're a console player, which helps me understand why you're seemingly angry and unreasonable about this release date. BUT BUT BUT MY CONSOLE. It seems like you're smugly happy if the PC release will be delayed because you can't have your console release on the same day. That explains a lot.

Ok hold on. Lol. 

I never said I was angry. I came to give an opinion. Dont get your VGAs or DVIs twisted in a knot thinking you "know" console players.

In this business of making games you have to be fair to ALL consumers or you lose business. Active playtime is just as important if not more important to a game than its initial purchase. Dont act like you dont understand basic business practices in the Video Game world and blow it off as you are a PC player and get offended when a console players states their opinion on something.

Jen pretty much admitted it was the cert process that failed in extralife. She followed up by saying with steam they don't have to go through a cert process, saying they can throw a patch at us whenever they want. 

Like she said on stream, the game is made for pc, when you port a game to 2 different consoles (and sub consoles, such as xbox one x, xbox one s? ps4 & ps4 pro) they react differently. If one fails they have to pull it back. It's likely it was not optimized by the way she worded it and it had really poor fps or was overheating the system since the other parts of certification relate to controls & UI interactions and those have been in since ark was put on the console. 

So you can be thankful your console isn't going to melt because it was delayed, or you'd likely be coming back with a lot more frustration than you have now. Us PC players will be your test dummies, and if it's not optimized for console, there is a chance PC's are going to struggle a bit too. 

tl;dr - Thank us PC players for doing you a favor and testing things prior to your launch, so you can have a better launch experience than us most likely. 

1 minute ago, StickmanStan said:

It doesn't have to be fair. Your being a console player completely explains your position. I'm not chastising you for it. I'm just saying it explains your seemingly forgiving attitude (and subtle encouragement of) delaying the PC release because you can't have your cake on the same day.

Dude I could honestly care less. All I said was if it was true it would be fair to avoid spoilers for those of us who dont want PCs. I play consoles, I get the short end of the stick, I'm used to it by now. 

I just think it is EXTREMELY poor business practice by WC to delay for one side and not the other. All stuff like this does is hurt their standing with the community.

Ive been a part of this games development since February of 2016. I have seen them make stupid decisions and just learned to accept it. Its just unfair to everyone who hasn't invested in this game like I have

2 minutes ago, Vynlann said:

you'd likely be coming back with a lot more frustration than you have now.

Please explain to me why this is a PC players first reaction to a Console player? This is why people dont care for a lot of PC players, y'all sit on a high horse that isn't necessary. 

Of course PC is better, only an idiot would think otherwise. Nobody is mad. However, telling me I'm mad when I'm not is a good way to get me there.

Now Im not tryna derail the thread anymore. So leave my simple opinion as console player be and go about your day

28 minutes ago, UDGxKnight said:

Would be fair for both to be delayed so nobody experiences all the surprise content before the other and spoils it for everyone else. Social Media ruins being able to not get spoiled 

As if PC never faced Delays before? We did many times with many games that got ported to PC months later as well as with many patches during ARK's development. Delays happen and this time its the console that has them, just accept it, no need to make PC players wait just because the Console Versions have some issues. See it this way, if there is any bad issues on the PC Version, they can fix those before the Console version goes out, it has its positive moments too.

• GP locked this topic

Archived