How do i stop wild water dinos in my water pen!!!?

MissJayne1993

I've been having this issue for so long I have lost so many mosas, plesios and squids due to megalodons or mantas spawning in my water pen. I have put dinos on neutral but have had them glitch through the walls outside I have had them actually stuck inside walls causing me to have to remove part of my water pen walls to get it out. I have had them follow on boats and set to neutral but I'm still getting my tames killed!!! Please someone I need help how have you guys stopped this from happening!

Double layer the walls. We had this issue and then double layered the metal walls around the base. This seems to have stopped anything glitching in, and anything glitching out.

Definitely keep them on Neutral, you could possibly keep one on Passive and have the others follow that so if they chase away when defending they should then return to the passive Dino.

1 hour ago, ishootpaint said:

And to add to what Anaki said, if your water pen is big make sure you put some foundations around on the bottom to block as many dino spawns as you can.

This right here. I foundation spammed my water pen. foundation with a fence foundation attached is all you need. Only thing I've seen in there was a coel though it's definitely a manta and shark spawn. Sometimes you can also angle plant species x or turrets down and they can kill stuff that spawns as well.

I'd still stay neutral. It's less time consuming to replace a gate, wall, pillar than tame another or raise another water tame. Keep one tame on passive, sit on it and have rest follow it so they won't stray to far if they would glitch out. 

8 hours ago, Anarki said:

Double layer the walls. We had this issue and then double layered the metal walls around the base. This seems to have stopped anything glitching in, and anything glitching out.

Definitely keep them on Neutral, you could possibly keep one on Passive and have the others follow that so if they chase away when defending they should then return to the passive Dino.

I always have any neutral dinos following a Passive dino, so they won't stray too far. But I am lucky that I haven't had problems with dinos glitching thru water pen or land pen walls and harming my dinos.  But I tend to keep my dinos away from the pen walls. So maybe this is why.

I've learned the hard way definitely never keep all your water tames on passive, recipe for disaster.  The neutral dinos following passive dinos does work, but the issue is when someone forgets to logout with the neutral dino following a passive.  People get lazy and it's just a bit more work to setup before logging out.  I'd recommend keeping most of your tames on neutral and just put tracking nodes on them.  That way if they do glitch out you won't have any issues finding them.

Archived