Extinction Map ID?

CatiasD

• Replying to @bubblywums

Sorry to hijack the thread Jen. Can you post the map ID for Extinction so we can start unofficial servers on release please? 

1 reply 0 retweets 0 likes

Replying to @DuoMog

It's just "Extinction"! Nothing fancy. :)

3 hours ago, BacaDOS said:

I found the problem, its the mod "Extinction Core" which appears to share the same shorthand name, which caused the map not to load.

spoke too soon. It loaded the right map while loading.... then switched back to the island.

WC had issues with the Linux version of shootergame, so maybe you're a casualty of that ?

If you're still having problems then maybe post your command line here so people can help or advise - remember to remove any passwords though.

The original error with the Linux build never caused any lasting problems as it was the executable they forgot to distribute, so no one could load the servers and mess anything up!

It was just as i earlier thought, and a problem with extinction core files being in the install, it seems to share the same short name... i fixed it by removing the mods files.

So if anyone has issues with loading the map, it might be that they have extinction core mod installed on the machine (does not seem to have to be loaded by configs to cause issues)

My setup for the server just decided to reinstall the mod after i removed it, once it noticed the other configs, so i was knocked off track of what was causing the problem.

Finally this map has no ID. as its not stored with mod files, but in the main game files, as pointed out, its called "Extinction"

So now my servers fixed i just need my machine to finish downloading this DLC..... oh how i suffer ;)

• Volunteer Moderator
20 minutes ago, CentiZen said:

If I change the commandline from TheIsland to Extinction the server just loads with the map as "ShooterEntry" and crashes as soon as the first client tries to join. Do I need to install Extinction separately? This is a fresh server that was installed yesterday. 

Try to run steamcmd and updates your server files. If you get ShooterEntry with Extinction, that usually means your server cannot find the map.

1 minute ago, invincibleqc said:

Try to run steamcmd and updates your server files. If you get ShooterEntry with Extinction, that usually means your server cannot find the map.

Thanks for the quick response! This server was actually a completely new install I started yesterday and finished today, so I was under the impression it should have the new data in it. Running an update/validation for both steamID 376030 and 346110 comes back with Success! App Fully Installed

Out of curiosity I tried changing to one of the other maps (Ragnarok) and it ended up loading the map alright for me there. Not sure why it's acting up with Extinction. 

8 hours ago, CentiZen said:

Thanks for the quick response! This server was actually a completely new install I started yesterday and finished today, so I was under the impression it should have the new data in it. Running an update/validation for both steamID 376030 and 346110 comes back with Success! App Fully Installed

Out of curiosity I tried changing to one of the other maps (Ragnarok) and it ended up loading the map alright for me there. Not sure why it's acting up with Extinction. 

Can you post your command line so we can see what you have?  Remember to remove any passwords though.

start ShooterGameServer.exe Extinction?QueryPort=27015?SessionName=Colony?MaxPlayers=100?listen?ServerPassword=?ServerAdminPassword= -nosteamclient -game -server -log
exit

That is what I am using currently. I can load TheIsland and Ragnarok by changing Extinction to the relevant name. The server loads and plays great in that case. 

When I run this, it looks like it loads up fine, but the map is ShooterEntry, with a players of 0/70 (despite being set to 100 in commandline) and crashes with this error when a client joins

Fatal Error!

Version 285.106

UnknownModule!UnknownFunction (0x000000000000) + 0 bytes

[UnknownFile:0]

Thanks for the help. 

EDIT: I got it working. I nuked the server and started over again and it worked fine on the first try.

Hi all,

I am also having the same issue as CentiZen. Seems like we both were running theisland and Ragnarok.

start ShooterGameServer.exe extinction?listen?SessionName=SERVERNAME?ServerPassword=PW?ServerAdminPassword=PW?Port=7781?QueryPort=7782?MaxPlayers=10?RCONEnabled=false?bAllowUnlimitedRespecs=true?PreventDownloadSurvivors=False?PreventDownloadItems=False?PreventDownloadDinos=False?PreventUploadSurvivors=False?PreventUploadItems=False?PreventUploadDinos=False?AdminLogging=true?AllowRaidDinoFeeding?AllowAnyoneBabyImprintCuddle=true -automanagedmods -log

On 11/8/2018 at 11:37 AM, CentiZen said:

start ShooterGameServer.exe Extinction?QueryPort=27015?SessionName=Colony?MaxPlayers=100?listen?ServerPassword=?ServerAdminPassword= -nosteamclient -game -server -log
exit

That is what I am using currently. I can load TheIsland and Ragnarok by changing Extinction to the relevant name. The server loads and plays great in that case. 

When I run this, it looks like it loads up fine, but the map is ShooterEntry, with a players of 0/70 (despite being set to 100 in commandline) and crashes with this error when a client joins

Fatal Error!

Version 285.106

UnknownModule!UnknownFunction (0x000000000000) + 0 bytes

[UnknownFile:0]

Thanks for the help. 

EDIT: I got it working. I nuked the server and started over again and it worked fine on the first try.

Okay so I have been racking my brain on this one all night. Finally found a Scorched Earth reference to this issue and figured I would try the fix mentioned there.

We have added an update check on the launch batch file and used the client steam ID of 346110, but after reading the above link I tried using the ARK server ID of 376030 and that seemed to do the trick for us.

**Edit**

Adding the update check line:

start /wait C:\"Program Files (x86)"\SteamCMD\steamcmd.exe +login anonymous +force_install_dir "C:\Program Files (x86)\SteamCMD\steamapps\common\ARK Survival Evolved Extinction" +app_update 376030 +quit

Archived