What happened to all the updates we were promised

Kodking194

I have played ark from the start. I have loved and supported it and always friend to get others to try it out. But lately I have started to realise that there is a list of updates that were announced and have not been cancelled yet wildcard has not mentioned anything since they were announced or a week after there announcement. To name a few primal survival, s plus, and I believe crystal isles was announced that it would become available for consoles. Also  I believe Sony or Microsoft is working on some kind of software update to allow mods on a lot more game that would be GREAT for ark. also Sony has announced they are allowing some games to cross play with pc and Xbox. I am not being a hater. I am a real han boy who wants the best for ark and it’s players i don’t want ark to die by the end of 2019 i needs to live on like minecraft or terraria to name a few.  Also a bug that I s really annoying and costs everyone is the reload bug for ranged weapons were they sometimes don’t reload. Thank you wild card if you read this me and my friend will always love ark just please don’t get rid of to very big fans of not only ark but the other games you based off of ark: pixark and dark and light. also the is a mod called the hunt for ark it’s a great mini mod that is like dead by daylight and I think many would like to see become an addition available for console. I loved trying it at my uncles place.      PS: I play on ps4 and Xbox over at my friends and once I get a job I will get switch pc and mobile.

Luckely rock* just released an awesome game that makes ark look like eye diarrhea . I'll be spending my own time on that and not sending anymore money wc's way before i hear about game improvements. I cant even transfer between my two nitrado servers without restarting the game 2 times. The problem is completely ignored by the devs. 

5 hours ago, ChargingParacerParacer said:

They were all enticing little lies to excite people and get them to give WC more money.

This. False promises to gain more sales. An early access game with a paid DLC? That’s a first for me. Kibble rework? Pfft. Hell, their ideal “fix” for capped PVE servers (which has been a problem for a long time) is for players to buy their last DLC, what a coincidence. It amazes me that people are still naive enough to believe that changes are coming, even if their track record doesn’t exactly inspire confidence. After this last DLC releases, it’s the end. Onto the next game. 

Crystal Isles is nothing to do with WC, it's not even complete (40% done according to Isolde's website, think it's further on than that but the site hasn't been updated though) and still isn't optimised so causes a lot of frame rate issues, to be honest I don't think WC should have even said anything about it to begin with as I'd be surprised if they can get it running well on current gen consoles which use 5/6 year old hardware, it's a great looking map but currently needs a fairly high end rig to run it well

Obviously WC bit off more than they could chew with primal survival and SoTF. Not fussed about primal survival but would have loved SoTF on console. For S+ does it really take a year lol ?

For the mods and crossplay. I doubt we will see full mod support come to consoles, that was never promised was it ? Same goes for the crossplay, that ball is fully resting in Sony court atm and I doubt we will see any movement on that anytime soon if ever. Did WC ever promise True Cross play (not the windows 10 xbox thing) ? All I can remember is that WC said they were interested if Sony and Microsoft allowed it.

When was it ever said that Crystal Islands would come to console ? 

Just a side note and not that it would nessesarily address some of these concerns. During the Extra Life Charity stream I am sure it was mentioned that there is an article coming out the day after Extinctions release (i.e. the Wednesday) addressing the future of Ark after Extinction. It was heavily hinted that it would be Ark. I wouldnt be surpised to if we get something about let say a revival of SoTF, S+, bug fixes, next batch of DLC 'insert forgotten update here' etc etc. 

Dont quote me on this because I havent a chance in heck in finding that mention in 25hrs worth of stream.

S+ probably has issues, i was able to shove some foundations under the mesh in single with the option off, perhaps they are trying to find a solution to that but it looks like you can't.  Just some random info as to perhaps why, butt ? since under-meshing isn't going to be able to be fixed just made harder to do (hopefully) i don't see why they can't release it anyway, since the problem will never go away.

Maybe they could add in an invisible geo past the current geo that acts as a blockade ? or even instantly kills whatever passes it?

I wanted s+ also but eh, i go enjoy it on single, online i managed to do something before it was fixed so i am happy with what i got going, no real need to advance, 1 more day anyway if i stay or go so it doesn't matter to me.

Don't think cross play would be allowed, probably has major "issues".

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Upcoming_Features

Spoiler

Items

• Gaslight lanterns[1]
  • Indoor lighting[2]
  • Some light tier between standing torch/lamppost[2]
  • Flashlight[3]
  • Reinforced Stone Box[4]
  • Hitching Posts and Leashes (maybe)[5]
  • Tek Tier[5]
    • Surveillance equipment[6]
    • Cloaking Devices[5]
    • Multi-HUD Visor (magnifying glass for the distance, maybe with more stat-infos)[7]
  • Wall banners (Flags hanging from walls) [8]

Tools

• Heat vision[9]
  • Shotgun beanbag ammo[10]
  • Warhorn[4]
  • Electrical Keyboard[11]
  • Xylophone[12]

Weapons

Armor / Clothing

Structures

• Half-walls[1]
  • Colorization pass on older structures[10]
  • Flipping Sloped Walls Upside Down[12]
  • Wall mounted coel for base decoration[16]
  • Dynamic-Length Bridges (first announced for v245 but then deferred)

Consumables

Vehicles

Environment

• More underwater harvestables[16]
  • More seeds, and making seeds only appear in certain biomes[6]

Map

• Additional caverns and biome development for The Center[13]
  • Sunken Obelisk with underwater boss[16]

Weather

• Hail and other weather cycles[1]
  • Maybe a rough sea[4]

Game mechanics

• Mechanized transportation system[10]
  • Potential airships/airship bases[10]
  • Naming items[18]
  • Carrying weapon and torch together[13]
  • Tribe-leveling[9]
  • Alliance rankings/privileges[13]
  • Localized injuries and bleeding (and bandages)[19]
  • Hold breath while in scope function[17]
  • Ability to stop babies from growing(Tek Tier)[17]
  • Craft from remote-inventories (i.e. using resources of a storagebox directly instead of transfer them first)[20]
  • Auto Flight/Run key[21]
  • More creature tracking options[22]
  • Use of map/GPS while mounted on water creatures[22]

Behavior

• Carnivores more active at dusk and dawn[2]
  • A fix to Pteranodon's spazzy nature[2]
  • The Carbonemys will have the ability to retract into their shells[6]
  • Possible sibling boost[17]
  • Alarm Trap can cycle aggression on nearby dinos[17]
  • Possible breeding stat[16]
  • Dino support of arbitrary gear[22]

Scope

• Roaring feature for all dinosaurs[2]
  • Sound pass[23]

Appearance

• Footprints[9]
  • Different sounds for walking on different surfaces[6]

Creatures

For specific creatures see the section of Unreleased Creatures at the Dino Dossiers.

UI

• A skittish command for creatures[6]
  • Improved server browser[10]
  • Separate use key while mounted[22]

•  

Instead all of these cool stuff what we got? Lance. Mirror. And crap like that.

I know it was only a idea for crystal isles to come but ragnarok was not done they worked on it after they released it and plus me and my friend built a map primarily for primal survival we tried play as dino on his computer on our map it wasn't enjoyable but primal survival is perfect for the map we are even calling it primal island it has ant mounds with small cave for them to go into giant argent nests (wyvern nests with argent feathers and egg shells in and a few bones) direwolf caves. raptor nests like in JP3. giant bat colonies. spider caves with web nests. small holes for snakes. giant trees for monkeys and dimorphs. sea side cliffs for seagulls under water caves for squids and a lot more. we r even working on a aberration like giant cave for abberant creatures. no it has not been released. I come up with ideas and my friend makes the map. he does not want it released yet until most bad bugs are gone we are intentionally going to leave a few cool bugs there for laughs and fun. I also want to try crystal isles on console I can not yet afford a pc as to I have no way of getting money.

It isn't like SWC ever really stopped working. Ark is SWC's first and only game. They routinely bite off more than they can chew, and because of it end up with projects that end up being delayed genuinely unreasonable amounts of time. The more recent reason is due to Extinction, which I have to admit, looks really fun. Yes I am still waiting for another TLC pass and other content fixes and updates, but I can live with the game as it stands at the moment.

22 hours ago, BaldBudgie said:

Luckely rock* just released an awesome game that makes ark look like eye diarrhea . I'll be spending my own time on that and not sending anymore money wc's way before i hear about game improvements. I cant even transfer between my two nitrado servers without restarting the game 2 times. The problem is completely ignored by the devs. 

I can transfer just fine on my server cluster, same with everybody else. ?

5 hours ago, Sphere said:

I can transfer just fine on my server cluster, same with everybody else. ?

It might be a problem with just my game, but i've reinstalled my game 3 times because of weird problems. 2 times because of skins, maps and dossiers not saving. Second time it fixed the skin and dossiers. My map still resets random, especially buttom half of the map. Yes the buttom half of my map resets / get fogged again frequently. (What kind of broken ass coding is used in this game??).

I've reinstalled again later to fix the transfer issue, but without any result.

Do you know how long it takes to reinstall on ps4? !

I hear about random problems like these all the time. Got a friend who dc's every time he puts stuff in a fridge. Ark is a poop game and it gets worse and worse

Edit Its not just a problem for me I've seen other ppl write the same in bug reports, and how the problem could simply be solved by allowing player upload.

23 hours ago, BaldBudgie said:

What game? 

Is it on Xbox? 

Is it split screen? 

Its true there have been many issues documented and reported since prior to the snow bio update long before release and legacy.  I myself have been a long time player since the first few months of early access. I have watched the game grow and issues addressed. I play PVE  so i am not very aware of the mesh issues others have mentioned.  I watched most of the live stream and recall them directly mentioning the meshing issues and that it is not only ark its multiple games that share the mapping system. its not just ark that is looking into the fix and seeking a solution, other game developers are looking for a fix on it also.  The biggest complaint i hear constantly is the dino cap,  think its 5500 tames/server and 500/tribe. one thing that might be nice is a system in place for tribes killing off old tames to open slots for them to incubate new tames and hatch them. perhaps a system with a 24 hr cooldown when you kill off one tame that holds that slot for your tribe to use it. i killed off 50+ tames just to incubate and hatch 1 giga during the 8x event. would be nice if that sacrificed slot remained dedicated to the tribe that killed it to open the slot for a set period of time. when you upload a tame to the obi you have 24 hrs to download it before it is lost. something similar would be nice for killing off tames to breed and tame new. sucks killing off 5 old boss rexs just to incubate a new one with better stats for 5 second, while the rest of the server soaks up those slots. we used to have a tribe on our server that kept 50 dodos on wander in a 2x3 room surrounded with ac units, dropping fert eggs and soaking up slots from the whole server.

Guest BubbaCrawfish
2 minutes ago, Falseprophet79 said:

pc x ps4 x xbox

It's usually Microsoft that stop that sort of thing... I think it's all to do with their EULA that stops them being able to play games, without censorship, or something about trying to limit who they have interactions with online 'out of their control'.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived