Same old Wildcard

SaltyMonkey

It’s a shame that since the games full release, Wildcard are still unable to give an accurate release date. Even after announcing the full release of Extinction with a 5 month wait, there are still problems getting it out on time for consoles. With the latest announcement, it would appear that PR was disregarded a long time ago.

9 minutes ago, SaltyMonkey said:

It’s a shame that since the games full release, Wildcard are still unable to give an accurate release date. Even after announcing the full release of Extinction with a 5 month wait, there are still problems getting it out on time for consoles. With the latest announcement, it would appear that PR was disregarded a long time ago.

Two words my friend - Console Certification

If you want to play games without a delay - buy a PC.

42 minutes ago, SaltyMonkey said:

Three words my friend - why should I?

Other gaming developers are able to release all content together cross platform.

Not games with constant updates. There is always a delay between PC and console on any games that update constantly like rainbow 6 siege, conan exile, ark, fortnite... 

Only games with low update rate can afford to do it in sync.

Mostly due to console certification process which lengthen the update eta by about a week. 

If you want to have update at the same time, I suggest you complain to Sony and Microsoft about the certification process that protects the users, which includes you. 

Or use PC for any games that are not console exclusive. 

5 hours ago, ehuhoser said:

Simple fix, delay the release of the PC version to match.  Would PC players be mad, yep, but we would all be equals.

Well anyone with any amount of wisdom would do this. Get everything ready - then release it all. Oh wait--every other game already does this. This delay made us laugh so hard. What a joke. Not surprising at all. At least we know it will be great. 

• Volunteer Moderator
3 hours ago, ChargingParacerParacer said:

OR take option C and stop buying from ameture companies that clearly don't know what they are doing.

Or option D, spend an inverse amount of time on a games forum compared to how much you purport to enjoy the game. 

I’ve had my initial rant, so here’s my final one on the topic:

After some consideration, I’m glad it’s coming out by the following week. Given my situation, I earmarked 3 days of leave from the 7th but can now change it to the following week which has Spyro Remastered Trilogy, Fallout 76 and Battlefield 5 coming out days apart from the 13th so I’ll get to enjoy more games at once if I do decide to take the leave.

I’m still disappointed that Wildcard can’t make deadlines this late on in the games cycle. People can blame certification all they want but the developers are at fault here for setting a date they knew they couldn’t 100% adhere to.

I’ve come to the conclusion that the 6th was the earliest date they could bring out the DLC without issues, but you and I (who learn from past mistakes), would consider all possible variables that could cause delays, when setting out and choosing a date for release. It takes a great deal of cockiness to disregard that your work wouldn’t have any potential issues.

53 minutes ago, SaltyMonkey said:

I’ve come to the conclusion that the 6th was the earliest date they could bring out the DLC without issues, but you and I (who learn from past mistakes), would consider all possible variables that could cause delays, when setting out and choosing a date for release. It takes a great deal of cockiness to disregard that your work wouldn’t have any potential issues.

Software is never 100% perfect so the authors have a fine balancing act between getting something out on time and getting something out that is "good enough" to release.

Given the current state where Steam will get Extinction on the 6th but console versions are delayed until the 13th suggests to me that Ark is "good enough" to release but has been delayed in the certification process by M$ and/or $ony.  

We'll never know if that is due to WC submitting the game to certification too late for a release on the 6th, or if it's down to an issue found in the certification process.

It doesn't help us that WC only "communicate" the things they want to communicate - instead of making a serious effort to answer the community's questions and concerns.

I've said this before, but Mojang use JIRA to host a public facing bug list for Minecraft, and Factorio devs (that is, the devs themselves - not "community managers") openly discuss bugs and gameplay in their forums.  WildCard need to learn that "communication" is a two way thing.

21 hours ago, ShadowAngel said:

Two words my friend - Console Certification

If you want to play games without a delay - buy a PC.

Got one question for you.

Do you know how long it took for Monster Hunter World to come on PC, after being released on console?

almost 6 months.

so I think a week is definately not bad.

You know, it took 6 years to get diablo 3 on a Nintendo console system because the wii u didn't have the specs for the 7 gen console. So yeah their's worst than been push back to 1 week, But i'll admit that it should've been announce earlier instead right now, because if i would stay on console and  we would knew that console players would have wait one week later when exctinction was announced, i might understand that has blizzard does with new character in Overwatch on PC first before console. Devs might not expect some bugs on console and it should've been prevent to promise a date to all platform.

No, he real disappointment is that this game has been out on console for years and still has several frustrating glitches.

Console Players can't Ascend on the Island or Aberration without permanently Lodi g characters.

PS4 Players have to cheat to get the Artifact of the Skylord on the Island.

On console, the game crashes when players try to enter/exit the carnivorous caverns on Ragnarok. Same for the Valli's Earthfall area.

on Xbox, bases rendering in makes the game crash.

And that's just what I can remember. There's loads more. I'd be more excited for them to patch all those than for them getting Extinction out on time.

20 minutes ago, Klakky said:

Ark devs dont do ragnarok, ragnarok has their own devs, it was a mod map prior

Ragnarok is an official mod whose developers were employed by Wildcard some time after it’s release. The Rag devs have been working on Extinction, hence why I said they will hopefully get back on the case once they are finished with that DLC.

2 hours ago, SaltyMonkey said:

Ragnarok is still suffering with memory leaks so hopefully they will get back on the case once they are finished with Extinction.

The reduced memory of consoles is not a new issue though. You would think that this would have been taken into account during the year that they have been working on extinction. 

2 hours ago, SaltyMonkey said:

Ragnarok is an official mod whose developers were employed by Wildcard some time after it’s release. The Rag devs have been working on Extinction, hence why I said they will hopefully get back on the case once they are finished with that DLC.

I really hope they get time to do some more optimizations. Since the last one, there are now a few regions on my private server that lag right up if you go anywhere near them. There aren't even any bases in those places either. 

On 11/3/2018 at 10:19 PM, Joebl0w13 said:

Or option D, spend an inverse amount of time on a games forum compared to how much you purport to enjoy the game. 

Or option E, post something that is fairly obvious and have a mod troll you because the truth hurts.

Wildcard made an amazing game, and have amazing developers. As a company and a business, they're worse then EA/Activision to deal with. The biggest difference is EA/Activision are prompt and on time with their ability to tell you they don't care. Wildcard has a 6-8 month delay on it. 

On 11/3/2018 at 10:26 PM, Jtmorris said:

Well anyone with any amount of wisdom would do this. Get everything ready - then release it all. Oh wait--every other game already does this. This delay made us laugh so hard. What a joke. Not surprising at all. At least we know it will be great. 

Nah it's probably going to be a buggy hellhole at first let's be honest

Archived