My first giga egg

qdzs1

These were his stats until he disappeared when I went to get a dimorph egg to imprint. He had 4 or 5 stacks of raw meat and I left for like 15 minutes. When i came back he wasn't where I left him and there wasn't even a body or an item cache. He wasn't in my tames list and I never got a message that he died. But fortunately i have another egg with about 2 hours left, and another on the way.

He's 4% imprinted, so his stats are a bit higher than at birth.

20181104_075135.jpg

The whole imprinting process is probably the thing I hate the most about this game. Thank goodness it’s not as long and painful on mobile as it is on other platforms.

i try and incubate multiple eggs (or set up multiple couples for mammals) so that I can do more than just one at a time so I’m not sitting around twiddling my thumbs for hours on end to get the 100% imprint... and ensure I don’t lose any babies in the process

1 hour ago, ScreamingViolet said:

imprinting process 

The giga imprints at about 5% per imprint. Fortunately, the worst thing that's been asked for is pachy egg kibble, but I found a pachy egg with about 10 minutes before the imprint. To grow this guy I'd reccomend hatching him in the south near the cave as its warm and there's lots of meat to be gotten in the cave.

14 minutes ago, qdzs1 said:

The giga imprints at about 5% per imprint. Fortunately, the worst thing that's been asked for is pachy egg kibble, but I found a pachy egg with about 10 minutes before the imprint. To grow this guy I'd reccomend hatching him in the south near the cave as its warm and there's lots of meat to be gotten in the cave.

My main base is just around the corner from that cave, on the banks of the big bay.

ive been pretty crazy about collecting eggs so I’ve got a fridge full of options and thus far I’ve always had what I’ve needed at hand. However I’ve just used my last terror bird egg and have no desire to go near one of those hell spawned bastards again, so fingers crossed that doesn’t come up again. 

Im currently doing a dire wolf and an argentavis. It’s my first imprinting without teddy bears as I was running out of Amber doing that. Hopefully it all goes well. I’m not planning on using either as mounts, rather I’m just trying to improve the bloodline to tame something super awesome in the near future.

Ya in my first single player game I raised and imprinted a giga. I actually had one starve on me during a quick metal run. I had its inventory full and a trough full next to it. I came back to it’s dead body. Imprinting is well worth it though.   The increase you get per % point is crazy. 

My base is north redwood beach on the eastern side. I put it in a room with a bunch of ac and a few camp fires I could turn on/off. 

All of that work to have it get stuck after it jumped off a waterfall to get a rex. I’ve since moved onto a hard difficulty single player so it’s not that painful. 

14 hours ago, ScreamingViolet said:

Im currently doing a dire wolf and an argentavis. It’s my first imprinting without teddy bears as I was running out of Amber doing that. Hopefully it all goes well. I’m not planning on using either as mounts, rather I’m just trying to improve the bloodline to tame something super awesome in the near future.

Extra stats gained from imprinting aren't counted when it comes to breeding, otherwise you could breed/imprint ad infinitum and get something with a crazy stats.

If you don't plan to use as mounts you are just wasting time and resources imprinting them.

16 hours ago, ScreamingViolet said:

The whole imprinting process is probably the thing I hate the most about this game. Thank goodness it’s not as long and painful on mobile as it is on other platforms.

It is long and painful on mobile, but not in single player mode, presumably because time only passes whilst you are logged in.

Playing multiplayer I can go and do something else (like work!) and the imprinting/maturation timers still tick down. Swings and roundabouts.

IIRC the imprint timer is around half an hour on single player, and is 3-4 hours on multiplayer.

Archived