Important Update Regarding Extinction On Console

Jen

I have to say I’m a little upset about this. I’m a Console player and so are many of my friends.  We were really excited and were planning on hoping onto extinction at the same time and play on the same server today so that we could all experience this new server together.  It’s still going to happen but we won’t be able to do it until we find a day that we are all free on.... But that’s life for ya. 

This comes as no surprise... They never hit their scheduled release date... Also wouldnt be surprised if they stop talking about extinction for console all together and in vanishes into thin air like S+ did, oh wait extinction makes them money nevermind. Also glad to see some new sponsored mods that console will never get to enjoy. Thank god for Red Dead Redemption 2 and other games coming out prolly never play ark again

2 hours ago, DERAGEDXJAWZ69 said:

This comes as no surprise... They never hit their scheduled release date... Also wouldnt be surprised if they stop talking about extinction for console all together and in vanishes into thin air like S+ did, oh wait extinction makes them money nevermind. Also glad to see some new sponsored mods that console will never get to enjoy. Thank god for Red Dead Redemption 2 and other games coming out prolly never play ark again

Good for you, go play that then.

Guy's calm down. There's gliches in the system and they are trying to fix it. We as console platers know the struggle of how vroken ark is to an extent. But blaming them for it is not going to solve anything. You all obviously are mad at something else and are taking ut oyt on tge greatest game creators. So direct your anger at someone else. If it's that big of an issue then play another game and come vack to ARK.

hi i'm a Xbox player and i'm wondering because you can spawn items from Adoration can you spawn these statues because I would love to see these decorations on my island world also when will mods come out for console or the Microsoft version of ark because I have completed the normal island game and the mods that people make would look amazing on console thank you and keep making ark a amazing game

37 minutes ago, divid said:

hi i'm a Xbox player and i'm wondering because you can spawn items from Adoration can you spawn these statues because I would love to see these decorations on my island world also when will mods come out for console or the Microsoft version of ark because I have completed the normal island game and the mods that people make would look amazing on console thank you and keep making ark a amazing game

They have already announced a while ago that mods will not be coming to console because the console cannot support them 

On 11/2/2018 at 4:50 PM, Gothicmage said:

Are you raptoring kidding me!?!? Some ove us have even used our vacation time at work in preparation for extinction release.  This is such raptoring crap. Jen why are console players constantly being blown off and screwed by you guys. THIS IS BULLpoop!!!!

I cant count how many time iv have heard "i called in for this" or "i used vacation time for this" and iv heard Jat say more then once "dont take time off of school or work"

You gotta be a real fool if you took time off expecting it to be released on time.

• Volunteer Moderator
12 minutes ago, Melicurus said:

Eurogamer are claiming it's out on console on the 11th anyone know if this is true?

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-11-06-ark-survival-evolveds-final-expansion-extinction-out-today-on-pc-soon-on-consoles

Nah they probably didn't do their research. I'd stick with 13th. I mean do games drop on consoles on Sunday's anyway?

Yeah I'm thinking this may have been planned on purpose in order to pick up new sales on PC from people like me who own the game on console but own PCs. If you look on steam the base game, season pass, and bundle are all on around half off sale with the sale ending on the 13th....the expected day of release on console. And extinction isn't on sale but the season passes are, so those whom already own the game on pc pay full price but those buying it for the first time have an incentive to do so. Before I just thought it was just a possibility that the pushing of the game back was a purposely calculated tactic for sales but that sale makes it look really bad. 

@Avanti *I took vacation days to play this game - seriously you took vacation days over a game? could you not use that time for something more special? maybe with family? its a pitty of a reason but an extremely funny one.*  Maybe some of us work and can't take time off of work until later in the year. I would've loved to have gone during the summer, but unfortunately I never get too plus my vacation time has to be used up before thanksgiving and not the day before or the day after a holiday either. So if i choose to take time off for a video game that's my choice. It's my time that i worked for and can use it as i please.

On 11/2/2018 at 3:38 PM, rayzr8 said:

Why do console player have to pay the exact same amount and get treated like dirt? Still no conquest servers and a late release of extinction, great. And I will go further to ask if there will be any form compensation for the incompetence. 

Most likely a little longer putting off to implement minor bug fixes that won't affect 99 percent of players and people would rather have those after it was released