Important Update Regarding Extinction On Console

Jen

I love all the pc people saying the console players need to stop crying or get a life considering most of them are talking about jobs they took off of, and I guarantee if they delayed pc it wouldn’t just be crying it would be a full on riot. Now imagine if they delayed pc and NOT console, then the pc players would act like it was the end of the world. You can claim that wouldn’t be true but we know it is considering console players are the “casual” players.

Personally, I have ark on both xbox and pc.  I cross-play with the kids so I know how much it sucks to not have the updates come together on the platforms.   While the extra week sucks, it could be unavoidable with publishing stuff on xbox being far more stringent than on steam for pc.

Let's put this in perspective though, many games on launch are barely playable on the first day.  I got my 3 days early access to city of heroes and the first 4 hrs was us trying to get a character made only to crash out before we could go to the training area.  Then another 30min to get in and make another char real fast by hitting random on the character costume generation and going right in to training.  There wasn't any redoing your costume at that time, so you were stuck with the horrible mess you got.

Or how about the original release of Dark and Light way back when.  That game was such a hot stinky mess at the time, just by logging in we were confronted with the fact the game was nowhere near ready for release.   That game was dead on day 2.  

With that said, I am 100% sure that when this dlc drops - we won't be faced with either of those 2 scenarios.  We might find the game wasn't ready at some point.  But it won't be in the 1st hour of game play.

everyone dont be mean. releasing games is a hard thing. i know some people really thing that it was a bad thing but come on. extinction is the biggest DLC. and before people say "your only saying that because you play on steam," that is partially correct. i have Ark on my steam account but i can't play because my computer is crap. I play on my Xbox 1. seriously coding a game as big as ark is hard. just be glad its not coming out in 2019. if you dont have something nice to say dont say anything at all. why do people need to make the world all negative. i know for a fact that the ark developers are working as hard as possible to make extinction the best DLC on all platforms. usually when games come out on Xbox and other platforms they are bad quality so be glad thats not the case for Ark. the reason its so good on Xbox is because the developers try really hard make it so good. would you rather have a crap quality extinction or have it be just as good as it would be on steam. dont be so mean to the developers they are trying to give everyone a good experience on all platforms not just steam (mobile dosent count, phone and iPad cant handle how awesome ark is) so everyone stop being so immature about it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Tigerstagirl said:

everyone dont be mean. releasing games is a hard thing. i know some people really thing that it was a bad thing but come on. extinction is the biggest DLC. and before people say "your only saying that because you play on steam," that is partially correct. i have Ark on my steam account but i can't play because my computer is crap. I play on my Xbox 1. seriously coding a game as big as ark is hard. just be glad its not coming out in 2019. if you dont have something nice to say dont say anything at all. why do people need to make the world all negative. i know for a fact that the ark developers are working as hard as possible to make extinction the best DLC on all platforms. usually when games come out on Xbox and other platforms they are bad quality so be glad thats not the case for Ark. the reason its so good on Xbox is because the developers try really hard make it so good. would you rather have a crap quality extinction or have it be just as good as it would be on steam. dont be so mean to the developers they are trying to give everyone a good experience on all platforms not just steam (mobile dosent count, phone and iPad cant handle how awesome ark is) so everyone stop being so immature about it. 

Seriously! It is a huge amount of work to basically re-code the entire game for another console, let alone all of them. These things take time so be patient and dont be a jerk because you dont have it RIGHT NOW. (though i think Tigerstagirl said it best)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/2/2018 at 3:00 PM, FreelancerKnux said:

So basically you guys forgot to submit it to sony and MS for cert and now have to add time for it.

no i dont think thats it. i think that Sony and MS may not have accepted the current performance levels. if they only accept a certian level of optimization, then WildCard would be hard pressed finding a way to get it onto consoles without taking time to run it up to standards.

Seriously, The people in this post need to understand that there is a lot more that goes on in a game than meets the eye. Some think that WC is just a buisness run by a bunch of lazy people and that is not neccisarily the case. there are things that require time and not all of it is fast going. So please, before you make an emotinally based comment tearing at the people making this game try to think of at least a possible reason for a delay becaue its not always the game developers fault.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AcyanidePancake said:

no i dont think thats it. i think that Sony and MS may not have accepted the current performance levels. if they only accept a certian level of optimization, then WildCard would be hard pressed finding a way to get it onto consoles without taking time to run it up to standards.

Seriously, The people in this post need to understand that there is a lot more that goes on in a game than meets the eye. Some think that WC is just a buisness run by a bunch of lazy people and that is not neccisarily the case. there are things that require time and not all of it is fast going. So please, before you make an emotinally based comment tearing at the people making this game try to think of at least a possible reason for a delay becaue its not always the game developers fault.

It absolutely is the developer's fault. How can anyone argue that after 5 maps they don't know by now what MS & Sony's optimization requirements are? That's hogwash. 

I used up my vacation time for the release believing they were going to drop it on 11-6 since everyone was working on extinction, w.c. stated no halloween event because everyone was working on extinction. Hell they need to keep working because people are still bluescreening or a better one log in then instantly lost connection to host b.s., character is halfway in the ground or tethered to something it seems. I've been playing on ps4 since the beta i have logged a lot of hours. Funny how most dlc's come out on time every year regardless if it's cod, battlefield ect.... For those Dev's that were on the stream last night they could've cared less what their community was asking them about. I know i was trying to ask a few which i thought was important questions about their product, but playing with tictacs were more important.

5 minutes ago, KingDuck1 said:

I used up my vacation time for the release believing they were going to drop it on 11-6 since everyone was working on extinction, w.c. stated no halloween event because everyone was working on extinction. Hell they need to keep working because people are still bluescreening or a better one log in then instantly lost connection to host b.s., character is halfway in the ground or tethered to something it seems. I've been playing on ps4 since the beta i have logged a lot of hours. Funny how most dlc's come out on time every year regardless if it's cod, battlefield ect.... For those Dev's that were on the stream last night they could've cared less what their community was asking them about. I know i was trying to ask a few which i thought was important questions about their product, but playing with tictacs were more important.

• Volunteer Moderator
9 hours ago, Kodking194 said:

Great 2nd of november was when my dads internet reset he said before it resets I could us it to download extinction now how am I to get it I got no other source of internet for my ps4 damn it I might just get the hard copy of slimerancher

If it reset on 2nd November and your Dad said you could use it to download Extinction before it resets that doesn't make sense as Extinction was not originally expected until 6th, so if the date hadn't changed you still wouldn't have been able to download it anyway.

• Like 1

On 11/2/2018 at 8:38 PM, rayzr8 said:

Why do console player have to pay the exact same amount and get treated like dirt? Still no conquest servers and a late release of extinction, great. And I will go further to ask if there will be any form compensation for the incompetence. 

its not being treated like dirt they've delayed it so that when we receive it they have already found most of the bugs and fixed them! if anything i'd rather wait a week and then play without crashing than have it tomorrow and crash every ten minutes!

• Thanks 1

On 11/3/2018 at 7:38 AM, rayzr8 said:

Why do console player have to pay the exact same amount and get treated like dirt? Still no conquest servers and a late release of extinction, great. And I will go further to ask if there will be any form compensation for the incompetence. 

I mean i agree 100% with your statement, and i was personally really looking forward to it but we all have to agree that although they did not go through with their time frame, it is always going to be positive in the end. If they ended pushing it out to us on the 6th of November and the game was very buggy and glitchy then we would all complain about it and then there would be allocated time for it to be fixed. So basically no matter what, it was going to happen. Just let the Dev's do what they need to do to make the game great :)

Cheers. 

This is very sad to hear, you should give your self's ample time to prepare and have a buffer period for eventualites like this , however the lack of info prior to this release leaves me lack lusterd to play, futhermore the lack of adveristment and providig no clear idea on how much it will cost nor a pre order option! Please consider the quality of product you are providing and how this effects your customer image, i think you should provide a treat for console players for this let down !!