Important Update Regarding Extinction On Console

Jen

I'm sitting over here laughing about all the idiots complaining.  They have a history of never releasing on time.   

"Treated like dirt" meaning they don't want to release something super buggy, so they delayed it for a maximum of a week.

I doubt it's as much the certification as it is the effort it takes to create and release a patch for consoles,  so day one would be a bit buggy and have to wait for the patch (something that doesn't matter on the pc).

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Neoclue said:

I'm sitting over here laughing about all the idiots complaining.  They have a history of never releasing on time.   

"Treated like dirt" meaning they don't want to release something super buggy, so they delayed it for a maximum of a week.

I doubt it's as much the certification as it is the effort it takes to create and release a patch for consoles,  so day one would be a bit buggy and have to wait for the patch (something that doesn't matter on the pc).

I guess it's normal to get excited by the pre-release hype and then feel very let down when a delay is announced.

Nooblets hit the nail on the head with this "announcement" ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exU5dSHCUQE

On 11/2/2018 at 4:58 PM, Jeremyfri said:

So you drop a ridiculous teaser awhile back that basically gave us stupid Dino piles for skins! Then cancel a Halloween event to give more focus on Extinction and yet you still can’t release a map on time? Seriously get it together, I’ve been gaming for years and haven’t such shoty developers! Stick to your timeline, work longer days if you have to in order to deliver a product on time! And only 4 days before the release? You had to have known further in advance, right? But you have time to do a fundraiser and give 8x for official? You are a full release game and are liable for what you do now! Get it together already!

Even though I play mobile, I hear this all the time and I am kinda disappointed at WC. I can understand but sometimes you just gotta wait to get something to truly satisfy you.

Yes poop happens and sure delays are part of reality BUT the release date has been known a long time and now 3 days before release they push it back. I arranged for some days off of work for a good start. So thats wasted AND it'll probably release a week after right in my regular working schedule so now I'll have a slow start. Your mismanagement is costing me real time and money now and taking away from my enjoyment. Oh btw, 76 is releasing the 14th as well I believe...this is such a clusterf/ck of a release...

I cannot believe this, yet again! What is it Wildcard, did people not pay enough money when they brought your game and then extra for the season pass? You are quite happy to release the DLC for PC players on time, Oh that's right, the console community is of no consequence to you. Guess you can take a Giga size poop all over us but make sure that the PC players are taken care of. I can honestly say that should you ever release a DLC on time I truly believe that I will have a heart attack. I truly believe that trading standards should be crawling all over the accounts of your company and insist that you compensate people who have spent hard earned/saved money for your product. I actually got my console just for your game, now I feel that you really don't care what you do to your customers/consumers as you sit back, take their money and laugh while you make them wait for the biggest profile DLC you have done, for months you build up the hopes of players just to screw them just before release date. I hope for your sakes that you do release by the newly announced date, otherwise I can't see that Wildcard games of the future will not get anywhere.

Edited by AlphaPnut1066

WC I love the game and love the dlcs I have done programming before and know that it’s very hard work. These people understand and I would like to shout them out. Also, though the game does have some glitches, it’s still a better game than a lot of them, and I would like to shout all of the ARK Survival Evolved staff out. Keep up the good work, and plz support each other in the making of the game as well as trying to make it better in the long run, for all platforms. Even if that means we don’t get mods, as long as the game continues, I’ll play it.

On 11/2/2018 at 4:56 PM, Blackboy23 said:

It is a disapointment but at least your taking the time to make sure we get the best ark experience

On 11/2/2018 at 5:03 PM, GamerXD001 said:

Just pointing out the fundraiser is for the Children's Miracle Network, helping kids around the country. If it slows the release of content, I dont mind, especially since its #ForTheKids

On 11/2/2018 at 5:11 PM, Reiseconner said:

Do your thing WC. Some of us understand that there are many many rings to jump through before you can actually have something released to a decent standard. PC guys are important in this choice as we will be the Guinea pigs for the console people. No harm in that since we have more freedoms than they do. All in all you do what you do.

These are the people I’m talking about

Been reading some of the comments on this post and all I gotta say is grow the F up. Omg we have to wait and extra week, so what? Something could have ended up holding the team back or something could have gone wrong, no one knows what could have happened. Seriously, shut up and wait. Commenting horrible things isn't gonna help.

As if everyone who commented bout taking time off work are 100% proficient and perfect at their jobs. I hear a lot of crying about this but if they released it on time without working out the necessary things on their end and a few bugs poped up there would be about the same amount of crying regarding that. They are in trouble if they do and in trouble if they dont. Quit crying it's only a few days off for a long waited game.  

Too all the people complaining about booking off time from work for the release of Extinction, you are all idiots. Wildcard has never once, thats right not even once, relased any of their content on time so why would you expect this to be any different.  

P.S. You do you wildcard. We all know its hard work and you do your best. Keep working on this great game that makes so many good memories. Props to all of you who work night and day to make this game happen! 

Edited by Silentslash23

wow wildcard, I know developing games takes a while, but I've noticed a trend with EVERY SINGLE GAME THAT IS ON CONSOLE AND PC! Console gets treated like poop and ignored for 10 years and pc is pampered and gets updates with cool new stuff every day. If you are going to do that too... Lower the price for console edition DLC and the game. Thanks for treating us like poop, you have the code all ready to go but please, if you are going to do this make it buggy AF for pc players to let them get a taste for console editions.

• Haha 1

no one is surprised because no one has faith in this developers. Such a great concept but the people behind the wheel wouldnt know how to finish a product if it smacked them in the face. Literally, same bugs still exist since the beginning. A lot of terrible bugs that have never been fixed and are blatantly ignored. The great concept is the only thing keeping people. Otherwise this ship woulda sank long ago, like it probably deserves but they suck so much goddam money outta our pockets with more dlcs and addons without ever finished the first raptoring map. 

• Thanks 1