Important Update Regarding Extinction On Console

Jen

I dont see why everyone is mad. they are trying their hardest and from the experience i have had from console ark i think the extra time will do it good. its only a few days. i mean yeah i might be slightly bias since i own ark on pc as well as xbox so this doesnt affect me but its not like they are doing this deliberately they are just trying to provide us with the best experience possible on release

Wildcard us console players want extinction on the intended release date. If its because PS4 who cares. Xbox has crossplay with PC so how are we any different than them. Why should PC get it first. PC should have to wait to play to. If it's buggy who cares we still want to play it. I want an explanation why it's been delayed 4 days before the release date. This is extremely unprofessional and you don't even give us a reason for the push back. You have time to ban people for building in unintended places without warning when it doesn't have a no build option. You have the time to write up terms of service for exploiting and meshing but you don't follow it 100 percent yourself. You have time to tell us it's delayed but don't tell us why. There is so many things you guys do unprofessional it's ridiculous. 

Why do all us console players have to wait?? Extinction has been pushed back countless time, the games not early access anymore surely you guys should know how to reach a deadline by now you’ve been making ark for a few years now, so your team must have some extent of expertise. If I’m correct the only release date that has been on time is when ark first hit the market.

70% of you have been quitting for 3 years now.

It's disappointing, sure. There will probably still be quite a few bugs but maybe they found a game breaking bug before release to fix. One that can be implemented on PC with no cert but requires cert on the consoles.

Quit already, stop threatening and do it. Make the jump to unofficial if you want better run servers.

Ark official is Ark official. Play with all the terrible support, bugs and glitches, numerous other flaws or finally deliver on your promise and quit.

That's the options.

Who cares about the release date. There's hundreds of console users that can't use this content on their servers without having the upload button back. I have a PS4 set up as a dedicated server and there's no way for players on it to change maps. I have paid for everything twice and can't use half the content with my server. I can't transfer as there's no other server and even if there was, consoles don't cluster. This will be the third map I own without ever seeing. 

Surely the better decision to have taken would have been to delay the release for all platforms instead of saying there was an issue with consoles specifically. Now you have a PR storm that could have been avoided because everyone would have been treated fairly across the board.

Favouritism continues on full display.

14 hours ago, Jeremyfri said:

So you drop a ridiculous teaser awhile back that basically gave us stupid Dino piles for skins! Then cancel a Halloween event to give more focus on Extinction and yet you still can’t release a map on time? Seriously get it together, I’ve been gaming for years and haven’t such shoty developers! Stick to your timeline, work longer days if you have to in order to deliver a product on time! And only 4 days before the release? You had to have known further in advance, right? But you have time to do a fundraiser and give 8x for official? You are a full release game and are liable for what you do now! Get it together already!

I'm sorry but you sound like an asshole. Yea they promised us extinction on the 6th, we're all disappointed but the fact that you think a fundraiser is a frivolous thing that they should shrug off too make sure the new content comes out on time speaks volumes of the person you are. How self centered do you have to be? This fundraiser is for the kids and I'm sorry but this is one of the few cases that yes I'm disapointed but i can't be pissed cause they're postponing for good reason. 

I've read a lot of hate. It's ok to be angry. But before posting hate against wildcard do the following : download Unreal Engine 4, design an Island map of your own, program a simple player, design and program a simple tameable Dino, a dodo for simpleness, compile everything. Add weather, one food item, one craftable item and three related resources. If you can do it alone, in one month, I will grant you your right to complain. If you can't, shut up and let them do their job. Yes the codebase is crap, it crashes a lot, it lags like hell but it's still the best, most complete and most exciting survival and sandbox game I've seen. I understand money is hard to get and you want to play Extinction but give these guys due credit, this crap is hard to do, and I'd they solve 1 major to critical bug in these two weeks then it is worthy. So, just be a little appreciative and comprehensive and just wait a bit.

And try to encourage and motivate the team, not make them feel like crap. The product you'll receive is a reflection of your appreciation.

Over and out. 

¿Qué son puros niños? ¿en serio tanta lloradera por 1 semana de retraso? prefiero esperar unos días más que recibir un producto defectuoso... los avances hablan solos, la expansión es sencillamente MAGNÍFICA!!! los dinos nuevos, las nuevas estructuras y detalles decorativos, todo Muy GENIAL!!! normalmente las expansiones siempre traen más de lo mismo, pero el giro que veremos en ARK renovará totalmente la adicción a este videojuego ???? Felicitaciones por el gran trabajo WC

I would rather have better content come out later than bad content come early so i wouldn't really know why you are all complaining, besides, if it were to come out today you would all complain about how {poopy} it is. There could've been some technical issues that we wouldn't have known of, that's probably why its being delayed. 

Edited by McCream
Foul language

• Volunteer Moderator
47 minutes ago, Baddevs said:

I'm hoping that i can spawn in the dlc creatures on xbox on the 6th and play the dlc map on the 13th. If the delAy it again then I want a refund

You won't be able to spawn creatures in on 6th because there will be no patch released as the DLC will not be released. Also I don't believe you can buy the DLC yet unless you already have the Season pass, so there is nothing to refund as next week you'll get the last piece of the season pass.

Wildcard please look at what your fans and player base have to say, this is your last big dlc for ark. There has only been one release date for a dlc that has been hit and that is because no one knew scorched earth was coming. This is a betrayal to your fans across all systems, empty promises are starting to get old. You hype up a release date and then 3 days before release delay it another week, you knew long before hand that it wouldn't release on time and now are deciding to tell us. Wildcards communication skills have always sucked, but this is something else.

What i don't understand is how they think the console player base will feel when they deliver and commit such time and effort into the hype marketing of this DLC and simply then say it will be delayed 4 days before release while still releasing the PC version on time. I feel robbed and want some feedback from the devs showing some remorse for this.

17 hours ago, rayzr8 said:

Why do console player have to pay the exact same amount and get treated like dirt? Still no conquest servers and a late release of extinction, great. And I will go further to ask if there will be any form compensation for the incompetence. 

You aren´t treated like dirt, the system that you use to play is just too .... limited. It wouldnt be fair for other players to have wait only because the system you use to  play is outdated and too picky with what programers and designers can do.

Edited by MrC
Grammar

WELL, when I saw this it's like I was on a rollercoaster and hit a drop. I understand that that for Xbox and Ps4 we have to go through Cert and whatever but I've been in love with this game since it's release on Xbox I've got your map and development team on my wall, bought multiple Xboxes just to run Dedicated servers, bought your collector's edition and much more and TIME AND TIME AGAIN YOU DELAY YOUR raptorING UPDATES you should understand our frustrations we're passionate about OUR game and we want to see it better but this has honestly gone wayyyy too far EVERY SINGLE MAJOR UPDATE DELAY, DELAY, DELAY I can't even remember the last time you dropped content on time (other than the extinction chronicles event) ITS SO MADDENING THAT I'VE SPENT OVER $1500 JUST TO EXPERIENCE THIS GAME AND I CAN'T BECAUSE NOW IT'S raptorING UNAVAILABLE TO ME FOR A WHOLE 7 DAYS I set aside Tuesday November 6th to do nothing but play Ark: Extinction something I've been following since the 3rd day after Aberration's DELAYED RELEASE how long is it going to take for you to be the publisher EVERYONE WANTS YOU TO BE, I bet you wonder why your player base has been shrinking WELL THIS IS NO DOUBT THE BIGGEST REASON this isn't hate this is me expressing my love for the game and the studio I don't want to die, can't you see even your content creators are PISSED same as I THIS WAS YOUR LAST MAJOR DLC I DIDN'T WANT IT TO BE I WAS SCARED YOU'D NEVER UDATE THE GAME AFTER THIS AND YOU'VE DELAYED IT, 7 days, if you Dev's get around to reading this (Which you probably won't since you'll have your hands full with Extinction) just know we're rooting for you and you're doin us dirty, Love you

Edited by Arkhitect
Grammar and more ranting (with love)