Important Update Regarding Extinction On Console

Jen

1 minute ago, Stagedatum said:

This is a DLC release, not a patch. If that was the case, ps4 would get it far sooner than xbox.

1 minute ago, Stagedatum said:

This is a DLC release, not a patch. If that was the case, ps4 would get it far sooner than xbox.

It doesen't matter as much as i hate the devs for all their bs. There is other forces at play here if there is problems with the dlc they deny the cert till it's fixed hence taking more time (depends how many times this has happened). Take in mind they arn't a big studio like EA or Bethesda Studios. i have been here since the beginning and i expected it to be delayed so i wasnt even mad. However i play on pc and i still expect it to be delayed.

"Yeah, we know we showed how it seems perfectly fine at Twitchcon, yeah, we know we've released plenty of gameplay teasers showing it to be perfectly fine, yeah, we know we've had about 5-6 months, and we've decided not to have a Halloween event to have more time for Extinction, BUT it's still too buggy for console players so we'll push it back a week, but not pc players, some how they have no bugs, so they get to get it before you console players."  

-Wildcard, November 2, 2018, four days before Extinction release.  

You've had almost 6 months to do this, this is just disgraceful, I took off just to play this, but no, it's too buggy.  Most of us X-box and Playstation players can agree that we'd rather have a buggy Extinction than this slap to the face Achatina Paste, of which I mean nothing.  At least Aberration took 2 months, but it's just sad to compare it how long Aberration took, and making it look favorable.  After Extinction, you can sure bet you won't be seeing any of my money anytime soon.  

It would make me a lot happier if either we can all celebrate together (Nov. 6) or suffer another week (Nov. 13) together, pc should not be an exception to this stupid excuse of a delay.  I'd expect this from 4-5 people working on this project, but there were so many of you, with so much time.  

I would like to know what specifically is wrong, is it creatures, map, gameplay, an item, what?  

So are Wildcard gonna give me back the holidays I booked? No of course not. You can't even handle your own game never mind that. You're garbage. Trash. A lot of things go wrong with this game and you don't even attempt to fix many of them. Your bad design choices always come back to bite you in the ass and I hope that any game you make in the future bombs so hard you have to shut down.

For every time us consoleplayers had to wait while pc players spoiled everything (don't tell me I don't have to watch YouTube or something cause those that will watch YouTube will have a head start in baselocations and taming etc ), for every mod consoleplayers can't play because you're not porting it to consoles, we pay the same for a season pass but get a lot less. make a console exclusive map so pc players get even with us 

Edited by Kevlar

Wild card needs to get it together. I'm sick and tried of this right before lunch they delay it. This is why the game is losing players. Don't get me wrong ark is a good game I'm just confused on why this happens to console players. First it was raggnorok and delaying for what felt like an eternity. I'm happy there taking the time to fix it before lanuch so it's not buggy when it come out but why'd you deside this four days before lunch and right after having a charity event. It's just disappointing 

Honestly the devs need to do something for once, u guys cant even stick to a release date and you guys are too focused on pc. Stop making updates if your gonna just make up some BS to not release it and tease the console players. You guys cant even fix your game either, try actually fixing something. Honestly ark has potential, u just need to fire everyone and get people who arent lazy AF. #FixTheGame

I'm SHOCKED... shocked that so many people actually thought it was coming out on time. My whole nitrado server was duped. That so many ppl took time off work is utterly shocking! My buddy owes me 10 bucks that he put up against my $100. I'm thinking of going double or nothing that it will be playable by the 13th. Anyone want some of that action?

History has shown us that this was going to happen. If you play WC games, expect this level of incompetence, expect that deadlines are just lies... then you won't be so angry or disappointed. 

Sadly, you console players forget that the console version is an entirely different port, not to mention console has gotten things that PC players have not. Learn some patience, you would gripe and complain if they delivered extinction in am unplayable state for console, so if it takes about 7 extra days for a better experience, then deal with it. "Oh but I paid for the game on this date, and they didn't deliver, I have every right to be mad" Well...not really. Things happen, it is called life. There will be setbacks and not everything will go as planned. As I stated, if it takes a few extra days for a better experience, then so be it, I would rather be a week late and actually be able to play, than get it on time and be frustrated when I realize it is so broken, it is literally unplayable.

13 hours ago, rayzr8 said:

Why do console player have to pay the exact same amount and get treated like dirt? Still no conquest servers and a late release of extinction, great. And I will go further to ask if there will be any form compensation for the incompetence. 

5 hours ago, Sharkman4444444 said:

"Yeah, we know we showed how it seems perfectly fine at Twitchcon, yeah, we know we've released plenty of gameplay teasers showing it to be perfectly fine, yeah, we know we've had about 5-6 months, and we've decided not to have a Halloween event to have more time for Extinction, BUT it's still too buggy for console players so we'll push it back a week, but not pc players, some how they have no bugs, so they get to get it before you console players."  

-Wildcard, November 2, 2018, four days before Extinction release.  

You've had almost 6 months to do this, this is just disgraceful, I took off just to play this, but no, it's too buggy.  Most of us X-box and Playstation players can agree that we'd rather have a buggy Extinction than this slap to the face Achatina Paste, of which I mean nothing.  At least Aberration took 2 months, but it's just sad to compare it how long Aberration took, and making it look favorable.  After Extinction, you can sure bet you won't be seeing any of my money anytime soon.  

It would make me a lot happier if either we can all celebrate together (Nov. 6) or suffer another week (Nov. 13) together, pc should not be an exception to this stupid excuse of a delay.  I'd expect this from 4-5 people working on this project, but there were so many of you, with so much time.  

I would like to know what specifically is wrong, is it creatures, map, gameplay, an item, what?  

6 months for a DLC is not a lot of time at all, in fact that is kind of pushing the limits in a game like ARK, where so many lines of code can break if one thing is messed up. Think of it like Jenga, you remove the wrong block at the wrong time, the whole thing collapses. Don't want spoilers? Don't watch the videos. Simple as that. Whether or not the experience is ruined for you or not, is your choice. WC is not holding a gun to your head and forcing you to click play on ThickFreedoms poopty clickbait videos.

27 minutes ago, Sozarti said:

Hahaha wildcard! We get no mods, no build in s+ structures, you delay a game 4 days before launch! If I would preform like this at my work, I would be fired. You are THE laughingstock of developers. Bunch of losers

Unfortunately for you, you are dead wrong. EA holds that title. "Is this good for the player?" Mods are not the developers concern, S+ was created by a mod creator in the steam workshop, therefore WC has no say over which platforms get to use it, as it is not their property. Other games have been delayed before, it is called life, stuff happens. If the people at your job saw how you acted online while being so misinformed, you would be fired.