Important Update Regarding Extinction On Console

Jen

16 minutes ago, Soldiercide said:

You mean Sony, right?  Outside of scaling and input, you're running the same code on your Steam version that I am on my One X.  It wasn't until Sony was added to the mix that we saw all of these delays and cancellations.  You should also be thankful that console players adopted this game, seeing as Xbox more than doubled the userbase of this game during Early Access.  

Xbox delayed more than once. Ragnarok is a prime example of Microsoft dragging its heels. As for being thankful for console adopters, I am, But that does not change the reality that console game players are not the best or fastest testbed for new content or to find and fix bugs. Wild Cards problem is once the game full released they quit testing Beta content among the wider community.

If Wildcard won't even release it, can you imagine how badly broken it must be?  

I have tried to be positive and argue the merits of this game to angry friends as they jumped ship one by one.  I have never been negative to anyone that works for Studio WC.

This is unprofessional to do so close to the intended release.  Even worse is that this is not an exception, but the rule.  To continue to pull this kind of a stunt means Studio Wildcard haven't been taught to do otherwise. 

If I was looking forward to Extinction, I'd be more upset.  I was expecting not to play this for a while as it is - even with delays, Wildcard won't release a finished product.  Besides, a few other games got released recently by developers that finish/test their products before releasing them and actually hit their release dates.  They must look at Studio Wildcard like the Academy Awards look at the Adult Video News Awards; technically it's the same industry, but only one is respected. I assume the others must be raptoring assholes.

Maybe I'll end up playing Extinction some time next year.  I've had the Season Pass from the beginning. 

Maybe Studio WC will continue to support and fix ARK's myriad of problems, but I'm not holding my breath for that.

I'll never buy another game from this company again.

I wish the developers were half as good as the marketing team.

Why? I'm not dissapointed! I'm pissed! I baught a second console with a second copy of the game and season pass for this thank you. No wonder that ark is dieing with bullcrap like this. And this with all expansion dlc's.

I can't and i wan't understand such a thing. Wildcard shame on you!!!

Just realese it at the 6th november and look whats going to happen

Why couldn't we be informed of this a week or two ago 4 days before release really? I've bought your game as new copies twice for both consoles to give you money bc a used copy only supports the reseller. Also had individually purchased first two dlcs on both consoles to give you more money and then bought the season pass twice and all tek skins twice. I defend your name on forums and YouTube videos daily bc I thought you'd finally learned from your mistakes and delayed it so long so it'd be finished or at least thought you'd be kind enough to let us know more than a week before release if it was to be delayed further. Worst of all my faith in you having extinction ready for next week I took tues-thurs off work now. Unbelievable!!!!!!

11 minutes ago, Keve1992 said:

Why? I'm not dissapointed! I'm pissed! I baught a second console with a second copy of the game and season pass for this thank you. No wonder that ark is dieing with bullcrap like this. And this with all expansion dlc's.

I can't and i wan't understand such a thing. Wildcard shame on you!!!

Just realese it at the 6th november and look whats going to happen

I know how you feel ?

29 minutes ago, Max77 said:

Xbox delayed more than once. Ragnarok is a prime example of Microsoft dragging its heels. As for being thankful for console adopters, I am, But that does not change the reality that console game players are not the best or fastest testbed for new content or to find and fix bugs. Wild Cards problem is once the game full released they quit testing Beta content among the wider community.

My argument isn't that the console ecosystem is conducive to testing the content.  My argument is that we didn't see significant delays until Sony was added in.  I ran a PDS prior to rentable servers, and we ran all of the Holiday events.  Sony came in, and we've barely seen one since.

Another issue here is that they already issued a hard release date.  Had they said that they were releasing it to PC first, with the specific intention of testing the content, you wouldn't be seeing the volume of angry you are now.  Yes, Steam is the best option for testing in terms of stability between PC and Xbox: it's the same platform.  The same is not entirely true of Sony, because it isn't the same platform as both PC and Xbox.  Regardless, this is the product of poor management.  My guess is that Sony wasn't ready for submission, again, and someone failed to be the clock.  If PC is ready, Xbox is also ready; again, same platform.  

• Volunteer Moderator
7 minutes ago, Alexisalpharose said:

My big question that never got answered is am I going to be able to purchase this expansion separate from the others? I have the others already and don't want to be forced to purchase the season pass when I only need the one. Will someone answer that?

Yes you will be able to purchase it seperately on the day of release. Also if you buy the season pass it would only cost you the amount of the last DLC as you already have the other DLCs.

I bet that WC isn't even going to glance at these comments but I am still going to rant anyways. I bought a freaking Xbox one s, specifically so that I could play Extinction. I am 13 years old and 200 bucks is a ton to 13 year olds. I thought that maybe WC would actually release one of their games on time but I guess we were all wrong. The reason I even bought the stupid one s was because their already glitchy game wouldn't even load in and crash on my Xbox one. Well be lucky to have the freaking game by Easter. PC thinks that they're safe but theirs will most likely get an announcement that there plat has been delayed too. They better give something to the console community. Instead of that retarded ARKaeology event they should have been doing something that was actually useful instead of making stupid skins that no one wants. GET OFF YOUR LAZY BUTTS AND ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING! You should all be required to work extra hours. The GM's will say its the "internal policies" which is straight bull crap.                                

Good job, WC

Edited by SeaMoose
WC is stupid and should let me rant all I want about their crappy developers

I haven’t played this game in a year and was thinking about getting the new dlc. This game has been out for about 5 years now I’m pretty sure and every new map is postponed and they can never get there stuff right. You can still indermapp people, they game lags, crashes, they have problems with holiday events, literally the list goes on and on. I thought by now that they would have this figured out. You guys can keep this game going but I’m not support this  trash game with bad developers. 

2 hours ago, rayzr8 said:

Why do console player have to pay the exact same amount and get treated like dirt? Still no conquest servers and a late release of extinction, great. And I will go further to ask if there will be any form compensation for the incompetence. 

Because ARK is a PC game. Just face it.

There is so many bad console ports on the PC (*cough*Fallout 76*cough*), its actually really refreshing to see a true PC game with a bad port to console for a change. ?

I’m a console player but come on man I really don’t care about bugs right now. I had high hopes we could play it on the sixth but no wildcard finds away to delay it again. WHY we don’t care about better gaming experience at this point.

Please just fix it along the way. Ps. if you don’t listen to your community saying don’t do it your gonna lose most of the people who still play.

Edited by MintMeme