Should Tekballs be released on Nov. 3?

Guest chancho33015

Guest chancho33015

We all know that Extra Life Stream is coming out on November 3. Is a charity for sick kids which is a great cause! However, we all know that comes with a possible 8x. Which in other words means server will reach cap in...hours yet again. 

My question is, "should cryo fridges be implemented that day and tek balls?" 

I think the answer is yes.

I think it would be a great idea to release the engram that day in order to make that event count. I also think it would motivate players to donate even more as it will totally make for a better experience as the event will not be wasted in the 1st hour when servers hit cap again.

What do you guys think? 

Should Wild Card release Cryo Fridge and Tek balls to make the event worthwhile? or should they keep it a surprise for November 6?

The only possible solution for cryofridge and "tek balls" engrams to be release ahead of time is for WC to release Extinction on Nov. 3 instead of Nov. 6. I see why not and it would be a great idea. Honestly i figure the DLC should be ready by now and 3 days would not hurt but instead benefit WC for an early launch

17 minutes ago, SpittaAndretti said:

The only possible solution for cryofridge and "tek balls" engrams to be release ahead of time is for WC to release Extinction on Nov. 3 instead of Nov. 6. I see why not and it would be a great idea. Honestly i figure the DLC should be ready by now and 3 days would not hurt but instead benefit WC for an early launch

Unless WC moves those two engrams into the base game, instead of the DLC.

To be honest, I reckon WC are frantically working on finishing Extinction. No game developers ever have a new release ready 3 days before, they are always working on it up to a few hrs before they release it. Then its the usual 2-3hrs until the first patch is released. 

Lets just be patient and wait until the 6th.

If the server caps, it caps. Who really needs to breed these days anyway, weve all got Rexes or whatever Dino's we need well above normal levels so there isnt a major need for breeding every weekend.

Don't get me wrong, I'd like to take advantage of it, but I know we will be capped and Im not overly fussed by it.

16 minutes ago, Anarki said:

To be honest, I reckon WC are frantically working on finishing Extinction. No game developers ever have a new release ready 3 days before, they are always working on it up to a few hrs before they release it. Then its the usual 2-3hrs until the first patch is released. 

It has to be finished by now. If its not theres no way it would get through console certification in time for a Tuesday launch. It would have to have been finished about a week ago at the latest for a definate 6th launch.

16 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

It has to be finished by now. If its not theres no way it would get through console certification in time for a Tuesday launch. It would have to have been finished about a week ago at the latest for a definate 6th launch.

Yes, but are the console and pc versions exactly the same? I dont know as I dont play the console version.

What ive experienced in the past and with ARK also, is that games are worked on right up until the last minute and then there is nearly always a patch released shortly after release. The timescales they deliver to are challenging so I wouldnt be surprised if they are still tweaking the game currently.

I dont understand the certification process - it could be that they look at the game a week ago and provide certification on the base release but that gives the developer scope to make fnal changes before releasing the full game a week later? Someone else might know... I would be interested to know.

10 hours ago, Anarki said:

Yes, but are the console and pc versions exactly the same? I dont know as I dont play the console version.

What ive experienced in the past and with ARK also, is that games are worked on right up until the last minute and then there is nearly always a patch released shortly after release. The timescales they deliver to are challenging so I wouldnt be surprised if they are still tweaking the game currently.

I dont understand the certification process - it could be that they look at the game a week ago and provide certification on the base release but that gives the developer scope to make fnal changes before releasing the full game a week later? Someone else might know... I would be interested to know.

To release an update or dlc or game on PS or Xbox, you need to send them the build and let them check if you did something fishy before they let players get them and it takes at least a week or so, from what I heard. 

Archived