Have they fixed PC hosting for Xbox servers yet?

Haven't hosted windows store PC version for Xbox in awhile, decided to stop because of lack of support compared to other versions of the game. Makes zero sense all the versions aren't equivalent..but have they done any improvements in the past 6 months for hosting via windows store version?

- does it appear on server browser immediately like nitrado hosted servers?

- can you cluster servers yet?

- do the servers randomly become unjoinable after time?

-did they fix the missing ini commands that nitrado can use but windows store can't like Max tame limit, controllable events, autodecay/destroy

3 hours ago, Juggernaut said:

Haven't hosted windows store PC version for Xbox in awhile, decided to stop because of lack of support compared to other versions of the game. Makes zero sense all the versions aren't equivalent..but have they done any improvements in the past 6 months for hosting via windows store version?

- does it appear on server browser immediately like nitrado hosted servers?

- can you cluster servers yet?

- do the servers randomly become unjoinable after time?

-did they fix the missing ini commands that nitrado can use but windows store can't like Max tame limit, controllable events, autodecay/destroy

From my own testing, there is no actual INI settings missing. And I haven't tried them all as yet. But the ones I have tried, there is a new INI header section that is required for some stupid reason for those that don't work wit the normal section headers.

If it helps the section that I have had to put a good majority of settings into is this

[/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/TestGameMode.TestGameMode_C] in GameUserSettings.ini

41 minutes ago, CyberAngel67 said:

From my own testing, there is no actual INI settings missing. And I haven't tried them all as yet. But the ones I have tried, there is a new INI header section that is required for some stupid reason for those that don't work wit the normal section headers.

If it helps the section that I have had to put a good majority of settings into is this

[/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/TestGameMode.TestGameMode_C] in GameUserSettings.ini

You put them in both sections?

5 minutes ago, Juggernaut said:

You put them in both sections?

No, I tried using player levels and dino levels in the normal section and it never worked. Removed them from there and pasted under this and I had player level and dino level overrides.

I have decay, xp and other boosts in here as well. Game.INI also has a different header section too.

[/script/shootergame.shootergamemode]

36 minutes ago, CyberAngel67 said:

No, I tried using player levels and dino levels in the normal section and it never worked. Removed them from there and pasted under this and I had player level and dino level overrides.

I have decay, xp and other boosts in here as well. Game.INI also has a different header section too.

My decay and boosts were working but the autodecay/destroy never did even if no one was there to render. You can even try it in single player. It will become destroyable but it never actually gets removed. 

I tried every combination I could, I could manipulate the timer all I want but to actually get the structures to remove was impossible, even if I restarted the server or was the only one on the map.

If they fixed ini for tame cap, autodestroy after day timer hits zero, allowed clusters, and not having to friend people on Xbox live before they can join the server. I could handle not being immediately on server list and occasional crashes.

Just a shame these all work when hosting via nitrado for Xbox servers. Both systems are using similar ,x86 hardware, we just have different access to tools and versions of the game which shouldn't be the case since they are the same game. Windows can't do headless hosting either yet steam version can (even Linux can host headless with way more hosting tools available).

They literally stripped the windows store down to singe player only (still no anti-cheat software even though they said they would add it) so can't play on official servers except a small cluster of 5 servers. Then they strip the hosting ability and left with a useless version of the game. 

51 minutes ago, CyberAngel67 said:

I've been trying to get bAutounlockAllEngrams=true to work on my server.  Are you saying there is a specific place in the game.ini file to put this?  I put it at the end and it didn't work.

33 minutes ago, Juggernaut said:

My decay and boosts were working but the autodecay/destroy never did even if no one was there to render. You can even try it in single player. It will become destroyable but it never actually gets removed. 

I tried every combination I could, I could manipulate the timer all I want but to actually get the structures to remove was impossible, even if I restarted the server or was the only one on the map.

If they fixed ini for tame cap, autodestroy after day timer hits zero, allowed clusters, and not having to friend people on Xbox live before they can join the server. I could handle not being immediately on server list and occasional crashes.

Just a shame these all work when hosting via nitrado for Xbox servers. Both systems are using similar ,x86 hardware, we just have different access to tools and versions of the game which shouldn't be the case since they are the same game. Windows can't do headless hosting either yet steam version can (even Linux can host headless with way more hosting tools available).

They literally stripped the windows store down to singe player only (still no anti-cheat software even though they said they would add it) so can't play on official servers except a small cluster of 5 servers. Then they strip the hosting ability and left with a useless version of the game. 

Have you tried putting the settings in the new sections?

20 minutes ago, CyberAngel67 said:

How do you know that is not working?

It's been a couple months, but I added bAutounlockAllEngrams=true to the bottom of the game.ini file, saved it, and restarted my Win10 server.  When I logged in, my survivor didn't have all of the tek engrams and didn't have every engram unlocked up to whatever level I was at at the time.

Just now, SubjeqtZero said:

It's been a couple months, but I added bAutounlockAllEngrams=true to the bottom of the game.ini file, saved it, and restarted my Win10 server.  When I logged in, my survivor didn't have all of the tek engrams and didn't have every engram unlocked up to whatever level I was at at the time.

As far as I know that is not how it works, it auto unlocks everything that is at that player level only.

Yep that was broken also, I resorted to just give extra engram points per level, you have to set it per level.

Under game ini put this for engrams:

[/Script/ShooterGame.ShooterGameMode]
 OverridePlayerLevelEngramPoints=100

14 hours ago, SubjeqtZero said:

I have it on my Nitrado server and that is how it works.  You get all of the tek engrams instantly and then each time you lvl up, you get all of the engrams for that lvl.

4 hours ago, SaltyMonkey said:

I can also confirm that you are wrong in this instanc about Tekgrams, which are auto unlocked at level 1 because they aren’t level based unlocks.

No problem guys, never used that setting so wasn't sure.

45 minutes ago, SaltyMonkey said:

It’s great to use but you there is another one simular to that will allow tekgrams to auto-unlock at specific levels too. Hopefully it works on your Windows 10 set up.

Well it is not me who wanted to use it, but I am interested in seeing if moving the setting to the new ini header section makes it work.

Archived