Are we headed toward 10 hour tames with 3000 narc required?

Migol

I looked at Ark Wiki and they have a list of Dinos already...somehow.   Obviously I'm skeptical, though they were mostly right about aberration.

But speaking of aberration, it had a major problem: The kibble was missing.      I really hope that isn't repeated.

What I'm talking about is the kibbles that were flat out not existing on the map.   We had no Dilo kibble, which meant ankies and doeds, two of the most important gatherers, had to be "veggie tamed" over the course of many hours.    We even had some kibbles being requested for imprints that didn't exist on the map!    Also, rock drake eggs as imprint requests were awful as well, and both rock drakes and wyverns exist on this map.

Super important note: On aberration the missing kibble was somewhat offset by Ovis Mutton for meat eaters at least, there is no mention of Ovis existing on extinction yet.

On that list I see Therizino (Yay!).    However, there's no hint of Megalosaurus...which as the title says, makes it likely that a max level tame is going to be an all day narc-sucking affair.   That's not only not fun, that's a special form of hell.    Aside from that:

1) Tapejera, but no allosaurus eggs

2) Spino, but no Argentavis eggs

3) Rex, but no Pulmonoscorpius eggs

3 examples that stand out.    Note that with the aformentioned Theriz, that's all 3 "boss dinos" (Spino, Rex, and Theriz) that are missing their kibble!    Theriz are notoriously bad, but even using cooked prime (probably the best option) the rexes and spinos are going to be around 4-5 hours.    Again, this is bad.    A videogame stops being fun when you spend all day monitoring a sleeping dino as a meter incrementally goes up.    Please give us a kibble alternative or other option (tek taming device) to fix this.

I highly doubt extincton will launch as a complete package with a pink bow on top.

Look at what happened with Aberration 1 month delay and still = Kibbles could not be made for imprints, AB Megalo and AB Bary Fert eggs hatched regular versions, dinos falling through the mesh and getting stuck (drakes, crabs). Some dinos floating above enemies not able to attack (crab), crab right claw glitch dinos falling out easier than the left claw. Among other problems.

Some of these problems still exist today, almost 1 year after Aberration release...

I could only imagine the problems we the players will have to experience in Extinction on Nov 6th and the first few weeks afterward while they work out the major bugs.

Assuming it is not delayed last minute of course.

We will definitely be dealing with raw prime/mutton and berry/veggie tames for sure.

2 hours ago, FenTheReaper said:

it's just a list of what has been seen so far and confirmed.  Just give it some time.  This is how the other DLC were as well, when all we had was bits of footage.  more information will be added as players explore the DLC and learn about it.

That's the problem, Aberration just launched last year and these issues lasted for months, and in some cases (dilo kibble eaters for example) were only fixed when transfers were opened up to bring kibble from other servers.    I spent 6 hours on a doed in aberration during it's launch and I really hate the thought of repeating that sort of "play".    Even worse when you have a near perfect imprint and suddenly they want non-existant kibbles at the end.

I highly doubt extincton will launch as a complete package with a pink bow on top.

Look at what happened with Aberration 1 month delay and still = Kibbles could not be made for imprints, AB Megalo and AB Bary Fert eggs hatched regular versions, dinos falling through the mesh and getting stuck (drakes, crabs). Some dinos floating above enemies not able to attack (crab), crab right claw glitch dinos falling out easier than the left claw. Among other problems.

Some of these problems still exist today, almost 1 year after Aberration release...

I could only imagine the problems we the players will have to experience in Extinction on Nov 6th and the first few weeks afterward while they work out the major bugs.

Assuming it is not delayed last minute of course.

We will definitely be dealing with raw prime/mutton and berry/veggie tames for sure.

Oh I guarantee we'll have some of the problems, but the kibble one should be one they learned their lesson on?    Is it unreasonable to ask them "remember that terrible issue that aberration had, please don't repeat it?    Or make it worse with the absence of mutton so that everything takes hours on end?"

On Official servers once the server cool down happened kibble became transferable again. They always lock map transfers to keep a more fair playing ground at the start. Abberation is part of a set, not a solo map (even though you can play it as such but with wait times) I've had 8+ hour tames on the island and know people that spent 12+ berry taming a mammoth to advance! 

Up to you if you want to wait until kibble is accessible (if for some reason its missing from the map) or spend the time to make up for it and get ahead. 

2 hours ago, Migol said:

Is it unreasonable to ask them "remember that terrible issue that aberration had, please don't repeat it?    Or make it worse with the absence of mutton so that everything takes hours on end?"

Pretty sure it was an intentional choice and not an "issue". It's a way to increase the difficulty of the game and slow progression so you have to put more hours into playing it to complete it. You don't need high level tames for certain parts but will take a bit longer to farm with low level ones. Almost certain aberration was (and is) a harder map that was designed to be so. 

They had mentioned that one of things they want to work on after extinction is released is Kibble overhaul. Until then though... you have to get kibbles from outside source. :/
Also, what kibble did they requested that is unavailable in aberration? AFAIK, babies only request for kibbles that you can get without transferring eggs/kibbles from other ARK maps.

And of course, there will be major bug on release. It would be surprising if they released this DLC without any bugs coming with them. I am also being rather skeptical if there would be issue maintaining expiration of pods with Cryofridge, or there is a coding bug that won't keep the pod in infinite expiration date state.

23 hours ago, zeroBurnAcidCool said:

Only 10 hours.

Doubt this will be used to tame the corrupted versions but the unstable element might play a roll in the kibble game? not sure its a guess.

Otherwise that nuke is where unstable element will be used.

You cannot tame corrupted variants at all. They are you know, corrupted beyond rescue.

1 hour ago, Vaculity said:

Also, what kibble did they requested that is unavailable in aberration? AFAIK, babies only request for kibbles that you can get without transferring eggs/kibbles from other ARK maps.

For the first few weeks or so of Aberration you had baby dinos requesting imprint kibble from things like DIlo, Argentavis and so on that didn't exist in aberration at all.   Later fixed, but the veggie tame dinos with no kibble was left as is for around 3 months until they allowed outside transfers in.

I do agree the tame timers are a bit extreme in some cases.  However, as was mentioned in a previous post on this thread, we are all basically starting over, so high level tames will come later.  For now...enjoy the new scenery, punch out that dodo (or other low level tame) and carry on.   When I first started playing ARK (I came in on AB) I knew nothing about transfers...did it the hard way...built a trap, knocked it out and waited.  I didn't even visit another map until I was few months into the game.  Now of course we have the teleporter, the transmitter and all that good stuff.  We have our bases on other maps. 

Will it be difficult not having those items?  Heck yeah it will be.  The difficulty is what I have enjoyed about ARK in general.  You can't come in and faceroll it right off...you have to build it up.  Glitches, bugs and other items...all part of any expansion.  As a gamer of 20+ years...I just sit back and enjoy the game.  It will all come together eventually :) 

From what I've understood, they designed the boss fights around the ark jaeger where a part of the jaeger is enough for the titans but you need the whole jaeger piloted by multiple people (RIP solo players again) to beat the final boss. So it should reduce the need of them. 

I don't know if an endless army of Rex with Yuti and heal will be enough or not. Endless because it was mentioned that they spawn on the map, not in an arena like our usual boss. So maybe minigun tower with rows of heavy turret? (Good old times with minigun paracers in boss fight...) 

1 hour ago, Paroxyde said:

From what I've understood, they designed the boss fights around the ark jaeger where a part of the jaeger is enough for the titans but you need the whole jaeger piloted by multiple people (RIP solo players again) to beat the final boss. So it should reduce the need of them. 

I don't know if an endless army of Rex with Yuti and heal will be enough or not. Endless because it was mentioned that they spawn on the map, not in an arena like our usual boss. So maybe minigun tower with rows of heavy turret? (Good old times with minigun paracers in boss fight...) 

I highly doubt it. Also, theres no info if yuty will even spawn at Extinction either.

13 minutes ago, Vaculity said:

I highly doubt it. Also, theres no info if yuty will even spawn at Extinction either.

Snow biome though... Anyway, I'll rush build the jaeger with my tribe then try to have a go at the titans as soon as possible... This way, I'll have "finished" ark and can lay on a tek bed for a year or two with the active member powering it. And come back once I reach lvl 150 for bragging purpose. 

2 minutes ago, Paroxyde said:

Snow biome though... Anyway, I'll rush build the jaeger with my tribe then try to have a go at the titans as soon as possible... This way, I'll have "finished" ark and can lay on a tek bed for a year or two with the active member powering it. And come back once I reach lvl 150 for bragging purpose. 

TOP LUL.

I might think about doing the same as well. THOUGH, I am not even sure if they can be used on other maps as unassembled.

On 11/1/2018 at 7:04 AM, zeroBurnAcidCool said:

Only 10 hours.

Doubt this will be used to tame the corrupted versions but the unstable element might play a roll in the kibble game? not sure its a guess.

Otherwise that nuke is where unstable element will be used.

According to the Wiki, corrupted creatures will not be tameable at all.

ArkExtinctionCreatures.png

I'm fine with not being able to transfer anything, it adds a little excitement and feeling of starting over back to the game. However I do think that kibble should be an exception. Even though "having no kibble" is another aspect of "starting over", there's just no sense in having to build up YET another kibble farm on YET another server and not having access to at least some of the required kibbles at all. I'm also not looking forward to having to either only tame low levels or spend half a day babysitting a tame that'll come out with horrible stats thanks to berry taming.

Archived