Jump to content
JPGer

Whats up with the sudden and brutal enforcement of rules not enforced for years?

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

Thus my point of an adjustment to the CoC.  I nvr agreed players should b allowed to block resources by penning them in.  Allow us our 1 locked harvester and either code it to block being able to place another or destroy punish them for doing it.  I hv mentioned this multiple times and u keep ignoring it.  There may b a limited number of veins yes, but there is plenty enough for each tribe to hv 1 at a 70 player per server cap.  Ppl saying theres a problem with my idea because of ppl hogging arnt listening THAT IM VRY STRICTLY SAYING 1 PER TRIBE AND BAN/DESTROY ANY JERKOFFS WHO DO OTHERWISE.  Common sense says that includes penning a vein in aswell.

We own 12-13 gas nodes on our ab map. No pillars, no boxes. We just refresh them. The 2 day timer on them is silly, but whatever. Luckily we own the pumps in the radiation zone where not many people go, so we can get away with missing a day here and there and nobody has ever broken them. 

For PVE, why make it a finite resource?  Just program pumps on them that can’t be built around and can’t be locked. Then everyone enjoys them as they should. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

Thus my point of an adjustment to the CoC.  I nvr agreed players should b allowed to block resources by penning them in.  Allow us our 1 locked harvester and either code it to block being able to place another or destroy punish them for doing it.  I hv mentioned this multiple times and u keep ignoring it.  There may b a limited number of veins yes, but there is plenty enough for each tribe to hv 1 at a 70 player per server cap.  Ppl saying theres a problem with my idea because of ppl hogging arnt listening THAT IM VRY STRICTLY SAYING 1 PER TRIBE AND BAN/DESTROY ANY JERKOFFS WHO DO OTHERWISE.  Common sense says that includes penning a vein in aswell.

Your whole argument has been based on being able to block these resources and now you're trying to back track. Also, the server is not a 70 player cap. It allows for a maximum of 70 players on at a time, big difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, AzDaemon said:

Your whole argument has been based on being able to block these resources and now you're trying to back track. Also, the server is not a 70 player cap. It allows for a maximum of 70 players on at a time, big difference.

Actually if u reread my other messages i hav mentioned a change in CoC to allow ownership of 1 locked harvester.  Iv mentioned b4 early on i dnt agree with blocking resources.  U just misunderstood wat i was saying or just overlooked it.  I said, i believe in my 1st post, tht i dnt agree with blocking charge nodes.  Nvr hav i said i agree with blocking resources.  I dnt agree with it, but i dnt agree that we should hav to craft an item for the whole darn community either.  Everyone that wants gas balls should hav to craft their darn own(which goes with the rpg element of pve).  Wat iv suggested 2 or 3 times b4 ur reply(there4 i hvnt retracted anything) is if theres ample enough veins for every tribe to own 1, which there is, locking ur harvester isnt rly blocking a resource.  There is another vein available and the veins themselves hav an unlimited supply.  My viewpoint hasnt changed bc iv spoke of a change in CoC and potential punishment for anyone breaking the 1 limit at least twice b4 ur recent reply.  As long as im offering a way for players to all get their resources reasonably, there is no problem and thats not selfish.  Evn if theres 100 ppl per server, chances are u hv a couple large tribes on the map.  And for the oddball soloers on the map, well most of them either quit or join a tribe.  So likely the extra ppl wnt rly require any new harvesters.  My idea is fair and evn aids some pve principles.  It doesnt take away from anyone and allows us to keep what we earned as ours.  Do we rly need to keep this fighting up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to get clarification.

On pvp servers is it allowed or not allowed to block, gas, oil, charge nodes? 

and if it is not allowed. One cannot build their base around the charge node either?

And if its not allowed .. can you you build temporary turret tower near a charge node on official pvp. A clear cut announcement about this matter would be very welcome. Server messages do not get transmitted to all players just what Demerus said . even tho its an improvement that those guys got the Warning. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Grayroad said:

Just to get clarification.

On pvp servers is it allowed or not allowed to block, gas, oil, charge nodes? 

and if it is not allowed. One cannot build their base around the charge node either?

And if its not allowed .. can you you build temporary turret tower near a charge node on official pvp. A clear cut announcement about this matter would be very welcome. Server messages do not get transmitted to all players just what Demerus said . even tho its an improvement that those guys got the Warning. 

As far as I'm aware, and it's been confirmed repeatedly through support tickets is that, yes. You can block any and everything *except* player spawns, as people can PvP you for the resources. On PvE/ORP you aren't allowed to due to the lack of recourse.

 

Of course, as always, there is basically absolutely no way of knowing anything about Wildcard because Wildcard makes up its rules on an hour to hour, person per person basis, and has absolutely no concrete rule set that they enforce. Personally, we block *some* of the nodes that are close to our base for protection, but leave several open. 

Edited by iAmE
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

Actually if u reread my other messages i hav mentioned a change in CoC to allow ownership of 1 locked harvester.  Iv mentioned b4 early on i dnt agree with blocking resources. 

Your very first post you stated

"I dnt gt y its wrong, i claimed this gas/oil vein, my thing i built is harvesting it.  Go gt ur own gas/oil vein.  It seems stupid tht we cnt lock an item that is ours.  Ur da 1s forcing us to put an object tht is ours on a vein to collect from it.  Those item r there4 mine and i dnt c y i shud b forced to share thm"

This is you stating you don't see why it's wrong for you to block these since you are the one that build the objects to place on them. Now, try lying again

Just because you adjust course when your idea didn't work doesn't negate the fact this was your argument from the start

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, AzDaemon said:

Your very first post you stated

"I dnt gt y its wrong, i claimed this gas/oil vein, my thing i built is harvesting it.  Go gt ur own gas/oil vein.  It seems stupid tht we cnt lock an item that is ours.  Ur da 1s forcing us to put an object tht is ours on a vein to collect from it.  Those item r there4 mine and i dnt c y i shud b forced to share thm"

This is you stating you don't see why it's wrong for you to block these since you are the one that build the objects to place on them. Now, try lying again

Just because you adjust course when your idea didn't work doesn't negate the fact this was your argument from the start

Not lying, i hvnt ever changed tht idea in my other posts, just elaborated.  I hv gvn rsn y it should b ok, because just because i keep my 1 vein doesnt prevent anyone else from getting their own gas.  On top of that 1 vein = Infinite gas.  So u dont hav to farms multiple nodes making it more viable for this idea compared to metal ect.  In my 1st post i clearly stated i agree with punishment for blocking charge nodes.  I lik how u cut that part out and call me a liar.  I dnt agree being punished for 1 locked node, i explained y later on and suggested a more fair option (which i kinda thot is how it was for these items on pve b4 this topic).  So no my viewpoint hasnt changed at all, just explained y and offered an alternative tht was fair. So ur assumption is wrong.  If u continue this imma assume that, like from the beginning, all ur doing is looking for a fight.

  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Grayroad said:

Just to get clarification.

On pvp servers is it allowed or not allowed to block, gas, oil, charge nodes? 

and if it is not allowed. One cannot build their base around the charge node either?

And if its not allowed .. can you you build temporary turret tower near a charge node on official pvp. A clear cut announcement about this matter would be very welcome. Server messages do not get transmitted to all players just what Demerus said . even tho its an improvement that those guys got the Warning. 

Think of it is this way PVP is freedom PVE is communism. You can do just about whatever you want in PVP with the exception of cheating and blocking player spawns. That's it everything else is fair game and so It should be.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×