Whats up with the sudden and brutal enforcement of rules not enforced for years?

JPGer

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's about time they enforced this stuff too.

Yes everyone has their own sense of how things should be enforced. Some think it's too harsh. I think it's spot on. Anyone who goes out of their way to grief (block access to special resources) should be punished. Just deleting what is blocking it is not punishment. Not a deterrent. Wiping all tribe structures??? You know they won't do that again. I am all for it. 

Or you could not play like a selfish d-bag blocking stuff you know others want/need access too.

Just like on my main server. 3 tribes got the same wipe treatment for pillar spam. they all got wiped. They REALLY got the message and will not be doing that again.

4 hours ago, AzDaemon said:

I read it just fine. It looked absolutely retarded, hence why you are getting sarcastic remarks. Use your big boy words

The reason you can't block these off is because they are discussing PVE specific rules. Meaning, if you were to block off the spawns then there would be no recourse for anyone to enact to rectify the situation. It's not a hard concept to understand

Thus y i suggested a limit.  To how many gas veins 1 should be allowed to own.  This is fault in design not player

12 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

Thus y i suggested a limit.  To how many gas veins 1 should be allowed to own.  This is fault in design not player

This does not address the issue, at all. The world doesn't revolve around you. You aren't the only person on server. Don't like it? Play PVP where you can block anything you want

• Volunteer Moderator

Alright, I've removed most of the fighting and off-topic comments so let's get back on the main topic. If you guys have an issue with how someone is typing, then add them to your Ignored Users list and move on. Also please, remember the #1 rule of the forums. Thanks!

3 hours ago, AzDaemon said:

This does not address the issue, at all. The world doesn't revolve around you. You aren't the only person on server. Don't like it? Play PVP where you can block anything you want

I never said it did.  Im not disagreeing that the nodes shouldnt b blocked.  What i suggested is a reasonable solution tho.  If every tribe has their own collector, and theres def enough veins to do that, then why cant we?  Instead of a hard no lock, we should instead b limited to how many we are allowed to hav, either by an actual coded limit, or enforced by GMs with punishment for hogging.  Its not right someone else is using your collector.  Its even more stupid wen u hav a low lvl player getting a bunch of free gas balls when you should hav to b a much higher lvl to get that.  That destroys the rpg element of pve which is part of its main attraction.  And just so u kno, im not arguing for my sake, im arguing for everyone elses.  Im a solo player so none of this actual effects me.  I just see something thats clearly wrong and im sticking up for whats right.  It isnt fair in many ways and iv offered a legit and fair counter argument.

2 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

I never said it did.  Im not disagreeing that the nodes shouldnt b blocked.  What i suggested is a reasonable solution tho.  If every tribe has their own collector, and theres def enough veins to do that, then why cant we?  Instead of a hard no lock, we should instead b limited to how many we are allowed to hav, either by an actual coded limit, or enforced by GMs with punishment for hogging.  Its not right someone else is using your collector.  Its even more stupid wen u hav a low lvl player getting a bunch of free gas balls when you should hav to b a much higher lvl to get that.  That destroys the rpg element of pve which is part of its main attraction.  And just so u kno, im not arguing for my sake, im arguing for everyone elses.  Im a solo player so none of this actual effects me.  I just see something thats clearly wrong and im sticking up for whats right.  It isnt fair in many ways and iv offered a legit and fair counter argument.

Ok, so, let me put it like this then. Say there is 30 node locations, what is to stop a tribe of 10 taking individual nodes for themselves, blocking them, and then letting their friends access it? What is to stop other people from other servers flooding over and taking over resources? So, to combat that you would have to hard code a direct limit on what you can have. Then you would have to restrict someone from "moving" servers to claim another. Then you would have to increase those resource veins to make sure every player has access to one. That means reworking the map and areas around to now accommodate this update OR you can just tell people it's against the rules to block other players in PVE. Your solution is not only selfish but it's unworkable in the current functions 

On 10/31/2018 at 4:23 AM, Wiched said:

PvE servers yes,  because a clause about "blocking resources" has been in rules/guidelines forever.

We reported this to a GM when aberation first came out that people were covering the charge nodes and quite literally GM Blitz said 'it was fine' to block charge nodes.  We got so angry at the sheer amount of nodes that got boxed in we ditched that server and went to another with the purpose of pillaring charge nodes so people COULDN'T build around them.  Why it took a year for them to change their mind on this, who knows, but at least it's not up to one GM too lazy to fix it now.

On 11/1/2018 at 4:57 PM, AzDaemon said:

Ok, so, let me put it like this then. Say there is 30 node locations, what is to stop a tribe of 10 taking individual nodes for themselves, blocking them, and then letting their friends access it? What is to stop other people from other servers flooding over and taking over resources? So, to combat that you would have to hard code a direct limit on what you can have. Then you would have to restrict someone from "moving" servers to claim another. Then you would have to increase those resource veins to make sure every player has access to one. That means reworking the map and areas around to now accommodate this update OR you can just tell people it's against the rules to block other players in PVE. Your solution is not only selfish but it's unworkable in the current functions 

Or u could just hard code 1 or 2 limit per tribe like iv said twice now.  Ppl are suggesting removing the lock function which invites messing with the coding anyways.  Truly this is just stupidity by the devs.  The games designed to horde and your containers to be your own.  These particular items go against the concepts we embrace usually in this game with these rules.  Now ill give you the problem with ppl going to other servers and claiming would b trouble and hrdr to fix.  Ppl/tribes who horde ovr multiple servers or to many on a particular server should b punished.  Whos to keep a large tribe from going to all the collectors on the server and constantly pulling all the gas out so no one else gets any?  A mega tribe could evn do that on multiple servers, pve hording is still a potential problem.  Thats a threat we face with open collectors.

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 2:01 PM, Onimusha759 said:

Or u could just hard code 1 or 2 limit per tribe like iv said twice now.  Ppl are suggesting removing the lock function which invites messing with the coding anyways.  Truly this is just stupidity by the devs.  The games designed to horde and your containers to be your own.  These particular items go against the concepts we embrace usually in this game with these rules.  Now ill give you the problem with ppl going to other servers and claiming would b trouble and hrdr to fix.  Ppl/tribes who horde ovr multiple servers or to many on a particular server should b punished.  Whos to keep a large tribe from going to all the collectors on the server and constantly pulling all the gas out so no one else gets any?  A mega tribe could evn do that on multiple servers, pve hording is still a potential problem.  Thats a threat we face with open collectors.

Except that means that tribe would have to be on, at all hours out of the day, pulling resources out all the time. I've been in mega tribes where we don't even do that. Half the time we don't even block them because we only need them so often. Again, your whole premise of your argument is based on selfishness and, if you want to be selfish, go to PVP where other selfish people can fight you over what they want.

1 hour ago, ForzaProiettile said:

I don't get what the issue is. Why not just blow it up with some explosives if its stopping you accessing it? That's how I handle these kind of situations.

You're allowed to block resources on PvP because you can blow stuff up. On ORP/PvE, where you can't always do that, blocking the resources is against CoC and a wipable offense depending on how angry valor is at his job. 

9 hours ago, AzDaemon said:

Except that means that tribe would have to be on, at all hours out of the day, pulling resources out all the time. I've been in mega tribes where we don't even do that. Half the time we don't even block them because we only need them so often. Again, your whole premise of your argument is based on selfishness and, if you want to be selfish, go to PVP where other selfish people can fight you over what they want.

Its not selfishness, its conservative.  R u willing to let ppl use ur vault or ank as they please?  How bout ur smithy or fridges?  How bout the stuff in ur vault, smithy or fridges?  The idea of any of tht seems odd and u know it.  Its not selfish to use that mindset and if u disagree by all means go to the volcano or blue zone and unclaim ur ankylo so everyone can use it.  Technically its the exact same concept, u allowing strangers to use ur thing to gather resources.  I know ur not gona do that so dont call my mindset selfish when ur doing the same darn thing.  I would gree with u if it wasnt for my counter offer u keep ignoring.  Make a limit by codeing or a CoC that restricts how many veins u can hav.  Then if they break that u can punish them.  Its not selfish wen with that CoC everyone on the server could hav their own.  Its selfish if a tribe would hog all the veins, not if they just want to keep their 1 lil vein.  If this is such a problem or selfish then remove the need to use a planted harvester all together.  Replace with an equipable item that u can use lik during quakes or something to harvest gas balls.  That allows ppl to hav to get said item at the appropriate lvl (which is part of the pve immersion of growing and unlocking things, kinda important) instead of a lvl 1 getting an item he shouldnt b getting yet by accessing someone elses work.  If this is how CoC is gona treat these harvesters then they never should of existed to begin with.  Anyone who wants to dispute that, by all means unclaim all your dinos and allow anyone to use them.  If u cant do that then u see my point and therefore shut up.

3 minutes ago, Onimusha759 said:

Its not selfishness, its conservative.  R u willing to let ppl use ur vault or ank as they please?  How bout ur smithy or fridges?  How bout the stuff in ur vault, smithy or fridges?  The idea of any of tht seems odd and u know it.  Its not selfish to use that mindset and if u disagree by all means go to the volcano or blue zone and unclaim ur ankylo so everyone can use it.  I know ur not gona do that so dont call my mindset selfish when ur doing the same darn thing.  I would gree with u if it wasnt for my counter offer u keep ignoring.  Make a limit by codeing or a CoC that restricts how many veins u can hav.  Then if they break that u can punish them.  Its not selfish wen with that CoC everyone on the server could hav their own.  Its selfish if a tribe would hog all the veins not want to keep their 1 lil vein.  If this is such a problem or selfish then remove the need to use a planted harvester all together.  Replace with an equipable item that u can use lik during quakes or something to harvest gas balls.  That allows ppl to hav to get said item at the appropriate lvl (which is part of the pve immersion of growing and unlocking things, kinda important) instead of a lvl 1 getting an item he shouldnt b getting yet by accessing someone elses work.  If this is how CoC is gona treat these harvesters then they never should of existed to begin with.  Anyone who wants to dispute that, by all means unclaim all your dinos and allow anyone to use them.  If u cant do that then u see my point and therefore shut up.

Problem is Ankys, Smithys, Fridges Etc can all be made/tamed in an unlimited supply. That isn't true of Gas Collectors and Charge Nodes (At least). Oil veins don't really factor into the same catagory (As you can just go harvest oil in the ocean), but some things, like Obbys, Charge Nodes, Gas Collectors, Cave Artifacts and exclusive progression related items kind of have to be policed somehow in PvE. Eventually all the collectors are blocked by different tribes and the server is fubar. 

3 minutes ago, iAmE said:

Problem is Ankys, Smithys, Fridges Etc can all be made/tamed in an unlimited supply. That isn't true of Gas Collectors and Charge Nodes (At least). Oil veins don't really factor into the same catagory (As you can just go harvest oil in the ocean), but some things, like Obbys, Charge Nodes, Gas Collectors, Cave Artifacts and exclusive progression related items kind of have to be policed somehow in PvE. Eventually all the collectors are blocked by different tribes and the server is fubar. 

Except, u know tame cap ppl keep talking about.  And if its policed lik im suggesting then there "shouldnt" b any real problem.  If there is like 30 tribes on a map, pretty sure thts well above average for a server, you know the servers gona b capped.  So still everyone gets 1 assuming there is 20+ veins.  Im uncertain of the actual number.    Now if its not policed proper or somehow the playerbase screws it up, and we all know they will somehow lol, then ya i see ur point.  Thank u for being more respectful and not so inclined to degrade.

30 minutes ago, Onimusha759 said:

Except, u know tame cap ppl keep talking about.  And if its policed lik im suggesting then there "shouldnt" b any real problem.  If there is like 30 tribes on a map, pretty sure thts well above average for a server, you know the servers gona b capped.  So still everyone gets 1 assuming there is 20+ veins.  Im uncertain of the actual number.    Now if its not policed proper or somehow the playerbase screws it up, and we all know they will somehow lol, then ya i see ur point.  Thank u for being more respectful and not so inclined to degrade.

They chose the lazy way of fixing the problem. Not the smart way. 

On 10/30/2018 at 3:34 PM, Demerus said:

i see zero effort being made to notify tribes individually what they are doing is wrong.

But it does happen, usually in the form of signs placed near the offending tribe's structures, which you may or may not personally see. I have seen at least three signs like this (not at my tribe, but someone else's). One for caging players on PvE, one for blocking off a path to blue zone on Aberration, one for having a racist tribe name.

Sometimes reports are dismissed until several players report it, sometimes depends on your GM, sometimes depends on how detailed your report is.

Example: I had reported on a set of obstructing walls, that work arounds got one of my tames killed because the alternative path was just that much more dangerous. My report got dismissed as not a TOS violation (due to there being another way), but my server mate reported the same set of walls, but they provided a drawn map, and additional offenses I hadnt even noticed (like a surface entrance blocked off) and their report was listened to, and the offending tribe took their walls down. Not sure exactly what made the difference, but their walls are finally down and I can finally get into the blue.

For OP's case, it could be they just got a lot of reports for that one server, and needed to save time, so just put in an announcement so everyone could see. But I cant know for sure... But I'm pretty sure they have been warned. I dont believe Wildcard would insta-demo a tribe's structures without decent warning beforehand. That MotD is enough warning imo, as long as all offending tribes are online at the time.

3 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

R u willing to let ppl use ur vault or ank as they please?  How bout ur smithy or fridges?  How bout the stuff in ur vault, smithy or fridges?

I'm on an Official PvE Aberration. I have a Gas Collector on a node. I had it locked at first, until I was able to get a dino full of the gas. It is currently unlocked right now, and I have no plans to unlock it. I am happy to let people get into it as they please.

Smithy, vault, and Fridge doesn't automatically fill up with resources, so I'd say no.

Auto-refilling Gas Collector, yes.

It's currently along the shore of Fertile Lake, on official server 275 (PC). Not sure the exact coords, but I'll post a screenie for you.

AqjfXNH.jpg

It is there right now, unlocked (until I leave server, or forget to refresh it's 2 day demo timer). If someone other than [Cenarion Circle] owns that collector, then I guess I forgot to refresh it (or I changed my tribe name). Enjoy.

1 hour ago, GreenRoc said:

I'm on an Official PvE Aberration. I have a Gas Collector on a node. I had it locked at first, until I was able to get a dino full of the gas. It is currently unlocked right now, and I have no plans to unlock it. I am happy to let people get into it as they please.

Smithy, vault, and Fridge doesn't automatically fill up with resources, so I'd say no.

Auto-refilling Gas Collector, yes.

It's currently along the shore of Fertile Lake, on official server 275 (PC). Not sure the exact coords, but I'll post a screenie for you.

AqjfXNH.jpg

It is there right now, unlocked (until I leave server, or forget to refresh it's 2 day demo timer). If someone other than [Cenarion Circle] owns that collector, then I guess I forgot to refresh it (or I changed my tribe name). Enjoy.

I think thats the same 1 i hv too lol.

16 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

Its not selfishness, its conservative.  R u willing to let ppl use ur vault or ank as they please?  How bout ur smithy or fridges?  How bout the stuff in ur vault, smithy or fridges?  The idea of any of tht seems odd and u know it.  Its not selfish to use that mindset and if u disagree by all means go to the volcano or blue zone and unclaim ur ankylo so everyone can use it.  Technically its the exact same concept, u allowing strangers to use ur thing to gather resources.  I know ur not gona do that so dont call my mindset selfish when ur doing the same darn thing.  I would gree with u if it wasnt for my counter offer u keep ignoring.  Make a limit by codeing or a CoC that restricts how many veins u can hav.  Then if they break that u can punish them.  Its not selfish wen with that CoC everyone on the server could hav their own.  Its selfish if a tribe would hog all the veins, not if they just want to keep their 1 lil vein.  If this is such a problem or selfish then remove the need to use a planted harvester all together.  Replace with an equipable item that u can use lik during quakes or something to harvest gas balls.  That allows ppl to hav to get said item at the appropriate lvl (which is part of the pve immersion of growing and unlocking things, kinda important) instead of a lvl 1 getting an item he shouldnt b getting yet by accessing someone elses work.  If this is how CoC is gona treat these harvesters then they never should of existed to begin with.  Anyone who wants to dispute that, by all means unclaim all your dinos and allow anyone to use them.  If u cant do that then u see my point and therefore shut up.

Except none of that is apples to apples and you know it. Is my anky the ONLY anky on the map? Is there a finite amount of them? Can NO OTHER people on the map claim one? No? Then your "point" is absolutely retarded and not even close to similar

The reason why they're not similar is because there is a finite amount of these veins. Also, even IF you hard code a limit on how many of these you can own then what is to stop me from just building around them? What is to stop me from blocking them by other means? What is to stop a 10 member tribe from making alternate accounts and claiming multiples? Then blocking them off. Your idea, even under the most basic of scrutiny, is demonstrably worse then their current rule of "don't block any of these". 

10 hours ago, AzDaemon said:

Except none of that is apples to apples and you know it. Is my anky the ONLY anky on the map? Is there a finite amount of them? Can NO OTHER people on the map claim one? No? Then your "point" is absolutely retarded and not even close to similar

The reason why they're not similar is because there is a finite amount of these veins. Also, even IF you hard code a limit on how many of these you can own then what is to stop me from just building around them? What is to stop me from blocking them by other means? What is to stop a 10 member tribe from making alternate accounts and claiming multiples? Then blocking them off. Your idea, even under the most basic of scrutiny, is demonstrably worse then their current rule of "don't block any of these". 

Thus my point of an adjustment to the CoC.  I nvr agreed players should b allowed to block resources by penning them in.  Allow us our 1 locked harvester and either code it to block being able to place another or destroy punish them for doing it.  I hv mentioned this multiple times and u keep ignoring it.  There may b a limited number of veins yes, but there is plenty enough for each tribe to hv 1 at a 70 player per server cap.  Ppl saying theres a problem with my idea because of ppl hogging arnt listening THAT IM VRY STRICTLY SAYING 1 PER TRIBE AND BAN/DESTROY ANY JERKOFFS WHO DO OTHERWISE.  Common sense says that includes penning a vein in aswell.

Archived