Whats up with the sudden and brutal enforcement of rules not enforced for years?

JPGer

So i keep seeing posts on discords about sudden enforcment via tribe bans and structure deletion, i understand the meshing crackdown..but then now im seeing that tribes will get in trouble for not leaving gas pumps unlocked...(why not patch out the ablity to lock them????) And a recent post showing a server message about how now any base that has a charge node blocked will recieve the tribes ENTIRE structures destroyed? Is this just Wildcards usual hamfisted attempt at moderating servers? Or is there something more to this? It feels like they got tired of being told to do thier job properly and are now just angrily lashing out at players. Or am i seeing a post specifically for a server with issues?

unknown.png?width=705&height=216

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I admit deleting an entire tribe for just a gas pump being locked or a charge node built on is pretty ridiculous. It should just be that structure and put a metal sign up beside it with a message not to do said action anymore so when that tribe comes back to replace their node they will see it. 

Or you know, put a message in the tribe log or something

i see zero effort being made to notify tribes individually what they are doing is wrong.

how am i supposed to see a limited toast server announcment message like that when im at work all day and not playing?

maybe i went AFK for an extended period taking a poop and didnt see it either? Sure these are limited cases but they do happen.

if these things are going to have harsh consiquenses do us all a favor and put it in the main login screen news section. We dont care that aberration came out back in december. We dont need to know about extincrion chronicals anymore. Those news posts are no longer relevant.

use the news post to communicate with your players globally because that is the first thing we see when we start our game is the main menu news screen.

Or maybe that makes too much sense.

2 minutes ago, Kruemel said:

I dont believe in an enforcment action for a locked gas or oilpump untill an official statment was made. As long as they are not enclosed, its all as intended. Enclosed pumps and charger are a reason for an action but then they should only delete the structures used to enclose and not all server wide

It one line of code to delete all tribe structures...that what they will do.

I dnt gt y its wrong, i claimed this gas/oil vein, my thing i built is harvesting it.  Go gt ur own gas/oil vein.  It seems stupid tht we cnt lock an item that is ours.  Ur da 1s forcing us to put an object tht is ours on a vein to collect from it.  Those item r there4 mine and i dnt c y i shud b forced to share thm.  Theres enough veins tht evry1 shud b able to get 2 or 3 veins per tribe.  I see a rsn to get huffy if a tribe claimed all the veins but locking ur 1 or 2 seems fair.  So shud we leav our fabs and smithys open 4 ppl to take our weapons and armor we earned?  If u didnt want ppl to get lik that thn u shudnt of forced us to create an item to get gas balls or oil.  @Jatheish @Jen 

Blocking things such as Charging Nodes, Obbys, Cave, Rivers and other things are covered in the Standard Code of Conduct for Official servers. They have been on the forums for a long time and should be reviewed by all who do play on the official servers. I say good on Wildcard on this issue, people know EXACTLY what they are doing when they block pathways or cut resources off from others and they know they can face punishment for doing so. Now if the issue of all servers being over Tame Cap could be solved the official servers would be playable again.

16 hours ago, JPGer said:

So i keep seeing posts on discords about sudden enforcment via tribe bans and structure deletion, i understand the meshing crackdown..but then now im seeing that tribes will get in trouble for not leaving gas pumps unlocked...(why not patch out the ablity to lock them????) And a recent post showing a server message about how now any base that has a charge node blocked will recieve the tribes ENTIRE structures destroyed? Is this just Wildcards usual hamfisted attempt at moderating servers? Or is there something more to this? It feels like they got tired of being told to do thier job properly and are now just angrily lashing out at players. Or am i seeing a post specifically for a server with issues?

unknown.png?width=705&height=216

Good. (I my self have seen an entire tribe get removed so they are not lying, i almost got hit myself LUL enforcement was on a rampage. I forgive you. )

Truth on ragnarok and abberation things have been blocked or built over, its pve not pvp its pretty dumb.  

Also the structures could also have just been on the map property of wc or just in the game with no demo timer? oil, gas, ect unlocked in the 1st place for all, with an un build able area.  Then if anyone built around it the enforcement of entire structures being removed would be as valid as it is now.  In pvp people need resources anyway so it doesn't interfere just hide out and wait for the enemy no need to build structures.  <There you get some action.

In defense of the "Charge Node" portion:

We have one right by our base that we "enclosed".   The reason?    The mechanics for charging charge batteries, they take a long time and while you have them in the charge machine, any random person can come along and steal them with no possible recourse, it happened a few times when aberration launched.     So you either have to use the charge nodes extremely carefully, ready to yank out everything if someone passes by (even innocently).   

Enclosing it however lets you use the node for element, and leave all your de-charged batteries along with gems+mined ore, and just come get more later.    It's the difference between a horrible system and a "just ok" system (note that you only get 3 per and it's the only way to get element on the map, much harder actually than maps where you can farm bosses).    

I'll also note that we did not enclose the charge node when aberration was "busy" during the first few months.    At this point though there's usually 6 or so online at any time and literally hundreds of nodes for people to use, so we didn't see any harm in it.

7 minutes ago, Migol said:

In defense of the "Charge Node" portion:

We have one right by our base that we "enclosed".   The reason?    The mechanics for charging charge batteries, they take a long time and while you have them in the charge machine, any random person can come along and steal them with no possible recourse, it happened a few times when aberration launched.     So you either have to use the charge nodes extremely carefully, ready to yank out everything if someone passes by (even innocently).   

Enclosing it however lets you use the node for element, and leave all your de-charged batteries along with gems+mined ore, and just come get more later.    It's the difference between a horrible system and a "just ok" system (note that you only get 3 per and it's the only way to get element on the map, much harder actually than maps where you can farm bosses).    

I'll also note that we did not enclose the charge node when aberration was "busy" during the first few months.    At this point though there's usually 6 or so online at any time and literally hundreds of nodes for people to use, so we didn't see any harm in it.

Yep. I can see if someone went around and blocked every charge station. But we have the one in our base built exactly like this. 

Make it unbuildable around them and then watch even more people leave aberration because it’s a terrible grind. We’ve been playing there because we never did much when it came out and we are bored waiting for extinction. So we pop reapers for giggles and farm element. 

Archived