Are the game's biggest issues ever going to be fixed?

Ochakos

So I stopped playing this game for a few months because I had an enormous base in Viking Bay on Ragnarok with tons of dinos and yet, there was a bug where if you stay in Viking Bay for too long (like...five minutes) , the game crashes and you are kicked to the dashboard (I play on Xbox). It was pretty frustrating because as most of you probably know, the AI is not that great and the dinosaurs get caught behind or stuck on the dumbest things, so moving them all somewhere else is a pain. At the time, it had been a problem for a while already. It started in January, I think. Why is it that after almost a YEAR of this being a problem, they have YET to fix it..? You would think after so many people complaining and pointing it out, they would actually do something about it.

This game is supposed to be finished but looking at all the bugs, the graphics that can CERTAINLY be improved, the AI making absolutely no sense, this does not look like a game that's anywhere close to finished. It's pretty hard to immerse yourself in a game when the dinosaur you're on glitches half of it's body into a mountain when you're walking uphill. I get that creating and improving games is very, very hard and time consuming work. But don't slap the "complete" sticker on this game when it is VERY far from being complete. There are a lot of graphical issues, there's bugs, there's AI problems, and none of this stuff is being paid attention to, and I just think there is so much more polishing that needs to be done. I also think that if it HAD been more polished, more people would like it. Sometimes the quality of the game is more important than how much content you can cram into it.

It's a shame because I really love ARK and the very unique concept behind it. But the game is only fun when it actually works. 

I just wish there was a way to offload the AI onto a graphics card. I'd go out and buy a RX Vega 64 today if the 4096 cores could be used to better the AI pathing and such on my own server. However this issue would need to be remedied through Unreal. And sadly  I don't think it's possible for Wildcard to update the Engine to a newer version at this point. Or if they can, I'd love to hear about it.

Ragnarok is a "mod". It's not finished. There is a problem in viking bay with how the eurypterids spawn in. There used to be many problems like this on the center map for other dinos. There still is a big problem on the center map by the cave entrance on the southern island causing all kinds of arthros, snakes and spiders to leak out all over the place. Other than that the issues you are complaining about are ridiculous issues that any sandbox game will have. You cannot expect a dino to never go through the terrain or have perfect AI on a map that could be built by anyone. 

Get a perspective and some real expectations please. The game has some problems, but none of them are what you're referring to. Real problems are like:

- falling through the ground while fighting rockwell
- dino disappears when downloading from obelisk
- all dinos enter boss arena, but players don't
- I beat the boss, but got no element

Simple solution to this problem would be pick a new area to build. There are larger bugs/glitches right now such as people losing their character due to a server side problem and can only have the players level restored, fighting bosses and getting no element from them, people leaving dino's on the obby playform-getting pulled into a boss fight-then have the boss vanish when it aggro's on a dino with offline damage protection on it, players and dino's falling through the maps mesh, ect...

I have personal felt the first one, finished the last Alpha boss fight on my Official character only to lose him completely on the first server transfer due to the servers, nothing like wasting 6 months getting dinos into a tame capped server, unlocking the tek engrams only to lose them and be told by admins that they cant unlock the engrams for the character restore

On 10/30/2018 at 9:34 AM, Aylana314159 said:

Creating an enormous base...You caused your own problem. Too much stuff to render.

That didn't cause the issues. That actually had zero to do with any of my issues. Especially the crashing. That is on the game, it has nothing to do with what I built there, otherwise tons of other people wouldn't be having the same problem. Jat addressed the crashing, but it was just never fixed. A game where the devs encourage players to build huge bases and tame all these dinos can't handle when you build a huge base and tame dinos and that's....my fault...? Yeah, no. 

On 10/30/2018 at 10:42 AM, Mctoozle said:

Ragnarok is a "mod". It's not finished. There is a problem in viking bay with how the eurypterids spawn in. There used to be many problems like this on the center map for other dinos. There still is a big problem on the center map by the cave entrance on the southern island causing all kinds of arthros, snakes and spiders to leak out all over the place. Other than that the issues you are complaining about are ridiculous issues that any sandbox game will have. You cannot expect a dino to never go through the terrain or have perfect AI on a map that could be built by anyone. 

Get a perspective and some real expectations please. The game has some problems, but none of them are what you're referring to. Real problems are like:

- falling through the ground while fighting rockwell
- dino disappears when downloading from obelisk
- all dinos enter boss arena, but players don't
- I beat the boss, but got no element

No need to be rude about it lmao. The thing about the dinos and the terrain was a snarky little comment I made, woopdeedoo. I didn't go on a huge rant specifically about how oh dino AI isn't perfect. I was mentioning how the AI was one of the frustrating things with the game and I have the right to mention it because it's absolutely true. My main point was that the game itself was given the completion ribbon when it still has a lot of problems that it shouldn't have if they're going to label it as completed. Just because I'm not having your EXACT problems doesn't mean that the ones I listed are just invalid. In fact, I haven't had any of your issues that you put down. Does that mean your problems with the game aren't real? No. it doesn't. I'm not the one who needs to get a perspective, clearly.

16 hours ago, Ochakos said:

That didn't cause the issues. That actually had zero to do with any of my issues. Especially the crashing. That is on the game, it has nothing to do with what I built there, otherwise tons of other people wouldn't be having the same problem. Jat addressed the crashing, but it was just never fixed. A game where the devs encourage players to build huge bases and tame all these dinos can't handle when you build a huge base and tame dinos and that's....my fault...? Yeah, no. 

Did the game crash when you first started and your base was small? I am guessing not, since you probably did not  play with 5 min crashes until more recently. The problem is your base has too much to render and your system crashes. Make your base smaller.

16 hours ago, Ochakos said:

No need to be rude about it lmao. The thing about the dinos and the terrain was a snarky little comment I made, woopdeedoo. I didn't go on a huge rant specifically about how oh dino AI isn't perfect. I was mentioning how the AI was one of the frustrating things with the game and I have the right to mention it because it's absolutely true. My main point was that the game itself was given the completion ribbon when it still has a lot of problems that it shouldn't have if they're going to label it as completed. Just because I'm not having your EXACT problems doesn't mean that the ones I listed are just invalid. In fact, I haven't had any of your issues that you put down. Does that mean your problems with the game aren't real? No. it doesn't. I'm not the one who needs to get a perspective, clearly.

"Your opinion is invalid but my opinion is valid"

Archived