Community Crunch 155: Creature Teaser Tomorrow & Extra Life Saturday!

Jen

On 10/29/2018 at 4:43 PM, Jen said:

boosting our official server rates

Hey Jen! What exactly will be boosted? Maturation hatching etc, like last year?

I want to know, so I can prepare to have plenty of meat for a few gigas I want to raise. I cannot raise them at 2x, I need at least 4x to do it. Last giga I raised successfully (on 323) was last year's Charity that got rates (including maturation) up to 8x. Tho it did kill the ability to get 100% imprint, at least my giga survived the growing process.

I'd hate to waste literal hours of time prepping cooked meat if you aren't going to increase maturation... I really hope you do :)

• Volunteer Moderator
4 minutes ago, GreenRoc said:

Hey Jen! What exactly will be boosted? Maturation hatching etc, like last year?

It is mentioned:

On 10/29/2018 at 7:43 PM, Jen said:

If you joined us for Extra Life last year you'll already be familiar, but this weekend our Evolution Event will be a bit different than normal. As we're raising money for charity the rates for official servers will rise. We will begin at 1.5x rates at the beginning of the stream (9am PST). For every $5,000 raised the rates will increased by 0.5x up to a maximum of 8x rates. The rates will only last during the 24-hour livestream, so be sure to take advantage of them while they last!

Increased Harvesting Rates, Taming Rates, EXP Rates, Breeding Rates, Gestation/Egg Hatching Rates, & Raising Rates!

• Thanks 1

Dear ARK team,

first off: i have no 100% sure information, that is why i ask! (to remind everyone not to take this as a fact; instead i ask to get a confirmation by Wildcard!!!!!)

about half a year ago the release date for EXTINCTION was announced as 6th of November, over the past weeks we repeatedly got told it will stay as 06.11.18 as release and we did so once again yesterday in the video about Twitch Con.

but for some reason the release on Steam is shown as "November 2018" only, not the 6th anymore, and even on the steam database ( https://steamdb.info/app/887380/history/ ) its not the 6th anymore, its announced as the 30.11.2018 .......

now, which is true? i dont know it anymore, cause to be honest i think its really strange that we dont even have an official trailer yet and the game platform which ARK is played on doesnt state a clear date anymore........

i really hope something is just mixed up, but i have this uneasy feeling that the game isnt ready yet... if so, please tell us or clear up these misinformation, if the 6th will be the launch!

a concerned and confused Survivor

8 minutes ago, Happalula said:

Dear ARK team,

first off: i have no 100% sure information, that is why i ask! (to remind everyone not to take this as a fact; instead i ask to get a confirmation by Wildcard!!!!!)

about half a year ago the release date for EXTINCTION was announced as 6th of November, over the past weeks we repeatedly got told it will stay as 06.11.18 as release and we did so once again yesterday in the video about Twitch Con.

but for some reason the release on Steam is shown as "November 2018" only, not the 6th anymore, and even on the steam database ( https://steamdb.info/app/887380/history/ ) its not the 6th anymore, its announced as the 30.11.2018 .......

now, which is true? i dont know it anymore, cause to be honest i think its really strange that we dont even have an official trailer yet and the game platform which ARK is played on doesnt state a clear date anymore........

i really hope something is just mixed up, but i have this uneasy feeling that the game isnt ready yet... if so, please tell us or clear up these misinformation, if the 6th will be the launch!

a concerned and confused Survivor

Their twitter is still named ARK: Extinction (Nov 6)
The steam page has said November for a very long time, and since the site you linked is connected to steam, it gives the last possible November date (November 30th) because according to steam's page it will be released by that time, but it can't make any earlier decisions from steam alone.

Edited by TinyHippo

13 minutes ago, TinyHippo said:

Their twitter is still named ARK: Extinction (Nov 6)
The steam page has said November for a very long time, and since the site you linked is connected to steam, it gives the last possible November date (November 30th) because according to steam's page it will be released by that time, but it can't make any earlier decisions from steam alone.

so, the chances of it being misinformation is pretty high?

i really hope so, thanks!

3 minutes ago, Happalula said:

so, the chances of it being misinformation is pretty high?

i really hope so, thanks!

Correct. At the very least, it's said November instead of November 6th for a very long time, before the latest teaser which said November 6th. We can therefore take November 6th as the latest official release date.

10 minutes ago, flamron said:

So how many of you, like me, missed that the usual 2x event wasn’t happening today and hatched a butt ton of dinos yesterday?  87 rexes. Running 1x meat again. Oops...

Yep. I'm pretty effed right now trying to get meat. Also this was our tribe's big push to get everything set for extinction and now we are going to be struggle bussing hard. Hopefully the event gets extended a bit or we're screwed

10 hours ago, lota7 said:

Are you also reducing the imprint interval? 

Because if you dont alot of creatures wont be able to get 100% imprint.

An Ankylo for example would get 0% imprint. Since the 8h impriont timer is higher than the breed timer now with the 8x event, resulting in 0 possible imprints done.

I hope you've considered this.

I'm hatching eggs 7 hours before the event starts. Still have to handfeed, but it pretty much secures a 100% imprint. It'd be nice if they could clarify this though.

17 minutes ago, GP said:

Jeśli przeczytasz cały OP, zdasz sobie sprawę, że zaczyna się w sobotę, kiedy zaczyna się strumień charytatywny.

24 h  ? 12 h? Increased Harvesting Rates, Breeding Rates, Egg Hatching Rates.    On this we do not use it  for Time 24 h  ? 12 h?  Yuta 7 days imprint 8 h only a few hours of the event. S... Thx for S.. Event I have more dino from similar events  imprint max 95 %. Thx WC. I will definitely not take part in this action!!!!

p.s.

current dino will also not make a full imprint :(  thats not good. Someone is converting times to an event or giving yourself?

Edited by Maniek
  • Facepalm 1

• Volunteer Moderator
13 minutes ago, Maniek said:

24 h  ? 12 h? Increased Harvesting Rates, Breeding Rates, Egg Hatching Rates.    On this we do not use it  for Time 24 h  ? 12 h?  Yuta 7 days imprint 8 h only a few hours of the event. S... Thx for S.. Event I have more dino from similar events  imprint max 95 %. Thx WC. I will definitely not take part in this action!!!!

p.s.

current dino will also not make a full imprint :(  thats not good. Someone is converting times to an event or giving yourself?

This is for a charity event for the kids, the players should be grateful they are getting anything as a result of the kind donations.

32 minutes ago, GP said:

1-  "This is for a charity event for the kids,"  

2- the players should be grateful they are getting anything as a result of the kind donations. 

1-  <- Nice Nice

2- <-<- it offends me!! I have to thank you for nothing worth the event by making a donation to children (sorry children) and I am to enjoy the worst event?

do not give events players change the game, simple. 

The WC should be happy that even on old servers without support, the players are playing.

LAG, FIX and more without repair.  Lag 1h  (5AM have baby) +8h that 1 PM,  +8h  9PM, + 8h 5 AM now have 6AM  Nice.  AND do not forget that I will sacrifice the game for 20 hours.  

• Facepalm 1

so am i right we do not get the normal x2 event friday to monday and have this kiddy event for 24hrs with potential of 8x happening? hmmm i play games to get away from the real world no offence to the kiddies im a skint gamer with his own family and child to look after already .... so is the normal weekend event canceled? 

On 10/30/2018 at 12:06 AM, Demerus said:

Can't wait to have up to 8x breeding on tame capped servers. Time to grind metal until my face falls off.

It is going to take raising $80,000 to get to 8X times. I am not sure that will happen. It will also slowly increase 0.5X over time meaning that even if it gets to 8X it will only be for a few hours.

• Volunteer Moderator
10 minutes ago, Cinnamongod said:

It is going to take raising $80,000 to get to 8X times. I am not sure that will happen. It will also slowly increase 0.5X over time meaning that even if it gets to 8X it will only be for a few hours.

Actually it is $65,000 it would need to get to reach 8.0x as the event is starting at 1.5x.