Should wyverns have a TLC?

HellBoyRok95

Wyverns biggest problem is how squishy they are. They get melted by fab snipers and shotguns. An argy is far more tankier than a wyvern whie i think should not he, as the wyvern should be apex flyer. I say give wyverns enhanced regen, like spinos water buff. Not overpowered, but ensudes that wyvern can fight frontline of big wars more, where they normally spend hours healing up only for few brief moment of action.

Wyverns biggest problem is how squishy they are. They get melted by fab snipers and shotguns. An argy is far more tankier than a wyvern whie i think should not he, as the wyvern should be apex flyer. I say give wyverns enhanced regen, like spinos water buff. Not overpowered, but ensudes that wyvern can fight frontline of big wars more, where they normally spend hours healing up only for few brief moment of action.
That's the problem, I feel like the apex predators are melted too frequently by a griffiers using shotgun and fabricated sniper. It feel just a bit insulting to try fighting an agile griffin by wyvern. Its sad, because getting a HL egg is hard to get, same for getting a HL griffin, but do you rather get a griffin first for pvp ou a wyvern egg? Of course players throw themselves to griffins first, because they could griefs anytime they want.With Wyverns, you need to be careful with that to raid due that their turning radius is too wide and it is a big target for any enemy. Plus, the poison wyvern must spit straight to the target, fire wyvern must be close to a dino to burn it, but most of the time, players hold to their pod to bait you and lighning wyvern does damage, but not enough torpor to a big dino.

Personnaly I dont think wyverns need much of a TLC if any at all. Would have been cool if we got a change to the flight mechanics (this goes for all flyers really)  to match the griffins dive mechanic but that probably wont ever be a thing. 

Would be nice to be able to put a saddle on a wyvern. With some luck the tek wyvern saddle in the dev kit will be unlockable on Exctinction.

Guest chancho33015

NEW DLC had new corrputed skins for wyverns, drakes, and pretty much every dino...so....dont know. Maybe if you kill a corrupted dinos you would get the skin...who knows. we have to wait lol

Yeah wyverns are in desperate need of a tlc pass with some heavy buffs. Their ranged attacks and good melee damage combined with decent health, very good speed and the ability to carry any but the largest creatures is not enough.

Just like the reaper, its very underpowered. It has too low hp and except for an insane jump and burying itself and grounding flyers with ranged attack and incredible melee damge combined with a ridiculous knock back, it has nothing really special or worth the trouble to get one.

Okay to be serious, i think wyverns are op. Reapers are way out of bounds. And extinction must have even more ridiculous creatures to tame, since wildcard wants to sell their product. Balance is nothing they care about in the slightest it seems. And with that i mean balance between wild and tamed creatures, and balance in pvp. When dealing with wildlife wyverns are super op. And as far as pvp goes, i think they are fine where they are. Id rather want to see everything else nerfed instead of buffs to already strong creatures.

Edit: i would really love to know who came up with that reaper and get an official statement as to what they were thinking when they created this op ugliness.

2. edit: even worse that you cant effectively counter reapers without having access to aberration yourself.

... sry guys, got my salty day today

For real tho you think a wyvern would be agile in the air? With a wingspan that big and all that weight...a health regen like the argy when you kill something would be nice though for when your on the go just eat a few small wilds and get some health back , cause they are a bit squishy and the regen is horrid

In my opinion I think that if they were to get a tlc, they should rework their flying, give them a tek saddle, and give their breath a redical. Put the one thing I want most is for the wyverns to have better breathes, I want the lightning to stun like the eel and the poison do torpor and the fire keep doing aot.

These sound kul but, I doubt that it will happen 

1 minute ago, Yaoi said:

In my opinion I think that if they were to get a tlc, they should rework their flying, give them a tek saddle, and give their breath a redical. Put the one thing I want most is for the wyverns to have better breathes, I want the lightning to stun like the eel and the poison do torpor and the fire keep doing aot.

These sound kul but, I doubt that it will happen 

I didn't mind for wyverns have a tek, like i wrote earlier, if they would have a saddle, imagine how hard would be to take down a player on a wyvern with a ascendant saddle. But i'm agree that the fire and ice wyvern  doesn't have a great hitbox.

• 2 months later...

I feel that Wyvern need to be more sparse on multilayer servers so that tribe wars are more intense and enjoyable. I have recently fought two tribes with 3 fire wyverns. The first tribe I fought also had 3 wyverns and I found the battle to not be as enjoyable as the second in which I only used one wyvern where they did not have any. I feel that Wyvern eggs are too easy and too common. I think it would d be reasonable to decrease the number of Wyvern egg spawns in order that the battles are more intense. 

This may sound strange but I wish the wyverns had a roaring system like a Rex. I think this would make Wyverns more threatening to enemy tribes rather than just a silent Wyvern. 

As well as this, I think that the different types of tamed Wyvern should not do breath damage to other tamed wyverns. The other day on a local friend server, while in battle my fire Wyvern breath killed my lightning Wyvern which brought down my tribe's threatening aspect. 

Another thing which could be changed about fire wyverns is their facial structure. I think that a little bit of rescaling and a few extra dragon-like facial features could improve the Wyvern a lot. 

I would also love it if wyverns (especially fire) could have more colour regions so for example their top and side fins don't have to be the same colour as their wings. That was a small detail which i feel would improve their appearance a lot if added

Archived