Having issue with new map in cluster and it not being seen by the client

CyberAngel67

I have added a 6th map to our cluster, the ports 27015-27019 are all used. I have doubled checked the nat-loopback and the config bat files (not hard to do as it is done by ASM) and I can't seem to work out why the new port I am trying to use is not working (assuming it is not working as it won't show up in client or steam server list).

So the question is, what is the next range of ports that could work, should work!

I tried 28015, 29015, 30015 and various other different ports and nothing seems to work.

If anyone has an idea what I need to do, it would be much appreciated. And yes, if I pull one of the other maps down and use that port it works.

Try using ports 2 apart which is something I read when I first set mine up, I've got 5 maps on my cluster

Ragnarok 7777 & 27011

The Island 7779 & 27013

Aberration 7781 & 27015

Crystal Isles 7783 & 27017

Scorched Earth 7785 & 27019

Not had any issues with it set up like that and presume if I add a 6th it will work using 7787 & 27021, daft question but you do have the new ports forwarded on the router? guessing you're running it from home seeing that you're using ASM

14 minutes ago, RageQuitter said:

Try using ports 2 apart which is something I read when I first set mine up, I've got 5 maps on my cluster

Ragnarok 7777 & 27011

The Island 7779 & 27013

Aberration 7781 & 27015

Crystal Isles 7783 & 27017

Scorched Earth 7785 & 27019

Not had any issues with it set up like that and presume if I add a 6th it will work using 7787 & 27021, daft question but you do have the new ports forwarded on the router? guessing you're running it from home seeing that you're using ASM

I don't have an issue running the other 5 maps, I just CAN NOT add a 6th map.

Try changing the ports of all servers so there's a free port between them, also make sure they're all forwarded in your router both TCP & UDP and it should work. I just added the centre using 7787 for server and 27021 for query and it works fine, shows up in Steam, the in-game browser and I can transfer between all 6 maps

7 minutes ago, RageQuitter said:

Try changing the ports of all servers so there's a free port between them, also make sure they're all forwarded in your router both TCP & UDP and it should work. I just added the centre using 7787 for server and 27021 for query and it works fine, shows up in Steam, the in-game browser and I can transfer between all 6 maps

Well that is weird then, because I can't do it. I already said I setup the nat-loopback for it, I have made sure the ports are open in the firewall and yes, even though I indicated otherwise the 5 main maps are 2 ports apart and as the 6th map I tried what I suggested to no avail.

Are you using one installation with many maps or many installations with one map each?

One installation with a profile set up for each map, it's running on a separate box in my house, on the same network and I had to enable nat loopback on the router using telnet when I first set it up, that shouldn't be a issue or you wouldn't be able to transfer between the 5 maps

Not sure what can be causing it then, sounds like everything should be OK as the only other things I can think of would stop it working when you use a port from one of the other maps as well

5 minutes ago, RageQuitter said:

One installation with a profile set up for each map, it's running on a separate box in my house, on the same network and I had to enable nat loopback on the router using telnet when I first set it up, that shouldn't be a issue or you wouldn't be able to transfer between the 5 maps

Not sure what can be causing it then, sounds like everything should be OK as the only other things I can think of would stop it working when you use a port from one of the other maps as well

yeah that is what has me stumped, but I did noticed one weird issue. I can transfer dinos to ragnarok, but I can't even upload any dinos onto the Ragnarok S+ Tek Transmitter. But I certainly can download the Dinos to Ragnarok from The Island.

And as all 5 maps use the same ini, that makes it even weirder. I even dropped my firewall in case I setup the rules wrong (not the first time I have done that), but nope made no difference.

1 hour ago, RageQuitter said:

Well I don't know how you did it, I can't get Ark to use an other port other than 27015-27019 that means 5 maps. If I try to use an port outside of this range, I can not see it on steam and I can not see it from the Ark client.

Weird that, as far as I know there's no set range of ports, 7777 & 27015 are what ASM uses as defaults but you could use any that you want, just looking through ark-servers.net and  there's a lot using different ports

Honestly can't think of what to try now apart from backing up all the world saves & player/tribe files then deleting everything and setting it all back up from scratch and restoring the saves

9 hours ago, RageQuitter said:

Weird that, as far as I know there's no set range of ports, 7777 & 27015 are what ASM uses as defaults but you could use any that you want, just looking through ark-servers.net and  there's a lot using different ports

Honestly can't think of what to try now apart from backing up all the world saves & player/tribe files then deleting everything and setting it all back up from scratch and restoring the saves

From the research I have done, Ark is limited on the query port.

The reason that web site has different range of ports listed there, is because those ports are not limited.

Now you stated you had 6 maps running together, how did you do it when Ark doesn't allow it!

It's definitely possible to have 6 and more maps running on the same hardware...

https://www.battlemetrics.com/servers/search?sort=score&q=wiredcat

I regularly fire up an extra map or two for testing purposes or for a closed session with friends - so I sometimes have 8 maps running.

The official wiki https://ark.gamepedia.com/Dedicated_Server_Setup says...

"Query Port cannot be between 27020 and 27050 due to Steam using those ports"

1 hour ago, DuoMogAgain said:

It's definitely possible to have 6 and more maps running on the same hardware...

https://www.battlemetrics.com/servers/search?sort=score&q=wiredcat

I regularly fire up an extra map or two for testing purposes or for a closed session with friends - so I sometimes have 8 maps running.

The official wiki https://ark.gamepedia.com/Dedicated_Server_Setup says...

"Query Port cannot be between 27020 and 27050 due to Steam using those ports"

Then how!!

I tried ports 28015+ and not one worked. The only ports that work for me are 27105-27020. And battlemetrics means nothing, it doesn't show the query port. I can have the main port on any port I like too, just not the query ports.

29 minutes ago, CyberAngel67 said:

Then how!!

I tried ports 28015+ and not one worked. The only ports that work for me are 27105-27020. And battlemetrics means nothing, it doesn't show the query port. I can have the main port on any port I like too, just not the query ports.

These are port numbers I use for friends + family maps

RCONPort=27100?Port=7810?QueryPort=27102
RCONPort=27104?Port=7812?QueryPort=27106
RCONPort=27110?Port=7814?QueryPort=27112
RCONPort=27114?Port=7816?QueryPort=27116
RCONPort=27118?Port=7818?QueryPort=27120

All of these run in addition to my "public" maps.

Here's my ASM with all 6 servers running

11v019j.jpg

And everything shows up in the client

15rbjuv.jpg

That's all using the ports in my first post plus the centre which I added as a test yesterday on 7787 & 27021, each server has it's own directory so no shared files, Ragnarok is in F:\ARK\servers\Server1, The Island is in F:\ARK\servers\Server2 and so on, not sure if that makes a difference or if it's even possible to have them in the same folder, the box it's running on is chugging though with all 6 servers, and that's with only me using it and no other players, I usually have 2 or 3 maps running at once depending on what I'm planning on doing, if I had more ram in it I'd probably be able to run it OK but it does work and I can see and transfer to the other maps no problem

3 hours ago, RageQuitter said:

Here's my ASM with all 6 servers running

11v019j.jpg

And everything shows up in the client

15rbjuv.jpg

That's all using the ports in my first post plus the centre which I added as a test yesterday on 7787 & 27021, each server has it's own directory so no shared files, Ragnarok is in F:\ARK\servers\Server1, The Island is in F:\ARK\servers\Server2 and so on, not sure if that makes a difference or if it's even possible to have them in the same folder, the box it's running on is chugging though with all 6 servers, and that's with only me using it and no other players, I usually have 2 or 3 maps running at once depending on what I'm planning on doing, if I had more ram in it I'd probably be able to run it OK but it does work and I can see and transfer to the other maps no problem

Ok but that's not helping...

I can set them up to any ports too, run them local here as many maps as can fit into the memory. But Steam will not see any of my maps that are not using query ports 27015-27020.

4 hours ago, DuoMogAgain said:

These are port numbers I use for friends + family maps

RCONPort=27100?Port=7810?QueryPort=27102
RCONPort=27104?Port=7812?QueryPort=27106
RCONPort=27110?Port=7814?QueryPort=27112
RCONPort=27114?Port=7816?QueryPort=27116
RCONPort=27118?Port=7818?QueryPort=27120

All of these run in addition to my "public" maps.

Again, how. When I use any other query port other than 27015-27020, steam will not see them and I can't run them locally in a cluster and transfer to them.

12 minutes ago, RageQuitter said:

Then something must be wrong with your routing then, there's no restrictions on what ports you can use apart from the one's that Steam uses

that's the thing, there is nothing wrong with my routing. I have even tried turning the firewall off, just in case I set the rules up wrong. But the Nat-loopback is not easy to stuff up, it is so straight forward it is not funny.

Just now, CyberAngel67 said:

Again, how. When I use any other query port other than 27015-27020, steam will not see them and I can't run them locally in a cluster and transfer to them.

There's nothing else going on with my server.

Open the firewall appropriately,  Forward the ports and put the above (previous post) into the server command lines.

If you have five working, then it should be a simple extension of what you're already doing.

Unless:  You have other programs or game servers running on your server that are also using the port numbers you've specified for Ark.

My gut feeling is that your port forwarding isn't correctly setup.  Have you double checked in case of typos?  Maybe post a screen shot in case there's something strange going on.

Do the startup logs give any error messages?

Does your router need a reboot?

Does your server need a reboot?

Have you changed any settings on your network card or tried any "optimisations" that could have limited the number of connections or ports that Windows can handle?

Just now, DuoMog said:

There's nothing else going on with my server.

Open the firewall appropriately,  Forward the ports and put the above (previous post) into the server command lines.

If you have five working, then it should be a simple extension of what you're already doing.

Exactly why I am stumped here.

Just now, DuoMog said:

Unless:  You have other programs or game servers running on your server that are also using the port numbers you've specified for Ark.

My gut feeling is that your port forwarding isn't correctly setup.  Have you double checked in case of typos?  Maybe post a screen shot in case there's something strange going on.

No port forwarding, I am doing nat-loopbacks. But they are so straight forward that I would have to be blind to stuff it up. And if I change lets say 27015 to 28015 it no longer can be seen on Steam, change it back to 27015 and I can see it on steam and this is with no firewall so I can quickly test it.

Just now, DuoMog said:

Do the startup logs give any error messages?

Nope, as far is it is concerned it is working fine.

Just now, DuoMog said:

Does your router need a reboot?

Nope.

Just now, DuoMog said:

Does your server need a reboot?

Nope.

Just now, DuoMog said:

Have you changed any settings on your network card or tried any "optimisations" that could have limited the number of connections or ports that Windows can handle?

Nope.

6 minutes ago, CyberAngel67 said:

No port forwarding, I am doing nat-loopbacks. But they are so straight forward that I would have to be blind to stuff it up. And if I change lets say 27015 to 28015 it no longer can be seen on Steam, change it back to 27015 and I can see it on steam and this is with no firewall so I can quickly test it.

Think this might be the problem, I've enabled nat loopback on the router otherwise I wouldn't see the cluster with it being on the same network, but I still had to open all ports on the the router as well for it to show up on Steam and in the client

3 minutes ago, RageQuitter said:

Think this might be the problem, I've enabled nat loopback on the router otherwise I wouldn't see the cluster with it being on the same network, but I still had to open all ports on the the router as well for it to show up on Steam and in the client

Yes, logic would stipulate you maybe right. Except one small detail.

I had said if I change lets say 27015 (one that works) to 28015 it doesn't show up, this is a map that works with the other ports not being changed.

• 3 months later...

Ironically, this is the same issue im having on my dedicated linux rental server. Trying to add a 7th map, and I just cant get it to show on steam. I can use the ports from any of the other 6 maps, shut that one down, then load the 7th map with those port numbers, and it will show up. Really stumped. No firewall running

Archived